• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Building sct410

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro

Reaction score
tekno2.jpg

Ran into one temporary snag. The first B bag diff I built was a bit tight to turn. Two plates came stuck together and I installed them as one. Figured it out eventually. So be aware. Had to stick blade between to separate them.

When shimming Tekno diffs, is no shims a thing? With only one gear side shim, has a tooth in one direction with a touch of bind.

Not sure how the drill bit is supposed to ream the arms. File chucked in a drill is perfect. I tried a few different drill bits like they say and next size up. Wouldn't work for me.

This kit is very high quality. But one fail is the bleeder o-ring on the upgrade aluminum shock cap. It's so tiny and undersized. Easily damaged.

Nearing completion.

max8 combo
powerhd servo
aluminum horn
aluminum emulsion caps
steel cross pins
17mm buggy width hex's
buggy badlands

Need a few pieces.
like rock guards, didn't come with
body, that's a big one
figure out pinion and mounting of big motor

Attachments

• tekno_3.jpg
    tekno_3.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 175
Looking good, re the diff cross pins, I've only ever found the aluminium option pins, do you know part no. for the steel ones? Do you need to change anything else in the diffs to run the steel pins?

Is your combo with the 2200KV motor? Are you running 4s? If so you will likely max out the adjustment range to get a big enough pinion. 20T would be the minimum for 4s, probably about 35-40 mph top speed in that combo but motor could handle 50+ type load with ease.

So are those just a steel version of TKR5149A, the aluminium ones? Or are they slightly different size? Not sure if I should order the steel or aluminium ones when I order the kit. Thanks

So are those just a steel version of TKR5149A, the aluminium ones? Or are they slightly different size? Not sure if I should order the steel or aluminium ones when I order the kit. Thanks
Same size. Get steel ones in my opinion

Is your combo with the 2200KV motor? Are you running 4s? If so you will likely max out the adjustment range to get a big enough pinion. 20T would be the minimum for 4s, probably about 35-40 mph top speed in that combo but motor could handle 50+ type load with ease.
Its 2200kv. I was planning 4s. I have buggy wheels on, so a bit of gear from that. My first electric, thought it would hit higher speed than that.

Its 2200kv. I was planning 4s. I have buggy wheels on, so a bit of gear from that. My first electric, thought it would hit higher speed than that.
1/8th buggy wheels? So I did a speed run test with 2.8 monster truck trenchers(They balloon a lot on 4s so makes truck a bit scary to control), the HW 2600kv 4268, 20 tooth pinion (Might be able to fit 21T but don't have one yet) using the HW150amp Quick run esc (So no boost effect because not using sensor).
Results:
2s (8600mah 120c ProTec Graphine) 33mph
3s (5000mah 50c Gens Ace) 40mph
4s (2s 5000mah 35c Power Hobby in series) 47mph

My other 410.3 has the HW SCT XeRun 140 esc and paired with the XeRun 3660 3200kv censured combo its impressive(have used 15T(14 is minimum size with 3660 cans) and 17T pinions. I will use speedo app and test it at some point.

You can definitely get much higher speeds Nitro, I'd bet you could run in the 60mph+ with out much issue. However the SCT is the older EB48 platform and needs one of the newer buggy center diff mounts because they're intended for the larger Can (4200 size < 2700kv). I'm only experienced with the 410.3 so hopefully someone with buggy experience can chime in here to confirm I have clue what I'm talking about. :)

Interesting. Thanks. Yeah 1/8 buggy wheels. What kind of temps on 4s 2600kv geared like that? Do you think 6s would be feasible?

Interesting. Thanks. Yeah 1/8 buggy wheels. What kind of temps on 4s 2600kv geared like that? Do you think 6s would be feasible?
It's cold in Montana right now so hard to say on temps for sure. However I took it out today(35' and sunny) with some buddys for parking lot racing on dry pavement. Used my 2.8 Street Fighters (smaller than your buggy tires) and ran exclusively 4s. I was getting at least 40mph out of it and after hard driving for 20 minutes I could barely notice any heat on motor and esc heat sink was maybe 70'. Honestly I think you'd be fine on 6s, only issue might be battery size as I haven't tried any in mine.

Recent Popular Liked

Back