• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Body Building

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muttb0ne

Reaction score
Anyone have/using the "indestructible" bodies for our rigs, russian-made or otherwise? I know they can't be all THAT great, but getting tired of all the methods to beef up a body after painting/decaling, an seeing it all go to shite in one or two bashes. Thought I might ask if anyone has used one of the Uber-Shells out there an how did it survive?

Yes, I've done the drywall tape/shoe-goo method an everything else in between, I'm not exactally new to rc in 30+ years, just thought I'd see what those bodies that claim to be hard as a rock performed.

I very much prefer he Proline Bash Armor bodies, way stronger than the other unbreakable (they all end up breaking).

Here is the e-revo one with minor trimming to make it fit:
898318D4-E95E-45E5-A827-10AA12E979E5.jpeg

11D6FEBD-BFF4-4DDF-845F-DF6D48942F81.jpeg

Anyone have/using the "indestructible" bodies for our rigs, russian-made or otherwise? I know they can't be all THAT great, but getting tired of all the methods to beef up a body after painting/decaling, an seeing it all go to shite in one or two bashes. Thought I might ask if anyone has used one of the Uber-Shells out there an how did it survive?

Yes, I've done the drywall tape/shoe-goo method an everything else in between, I'm not exactally new to rc in 30+ years, just thought I'd see what those bodies that claim to be hard as a rock performed.
Yes proline is the way to go this is the one for a slash
B397FA19-6327-46CB-A477-76D19527D695.jpeg

that e-revo body looks great bro! ! ! how about some pics of the rig showing the body mounts to see how you did it? I love that look, I'd do it in a minute.

that e-revo body looks great bro! ! ! how about some pics of the rig showing the body mounts to see how you did it? I love that look, I'd do it in a minute.

First step (optional): get the Arrma body posts (stronger but cylindrical posts) fit into the squared Tekno body mounts. Easy grinding if you have a Dremel or grinder of any sort.

IMG_2897.JPG

Second Step: put everything in place, as you can see in pics below, I have the m2c kit that sandwiches the body mounts between the tower and the tower brace. It makes the Tekno parts a LOT stronger. I'm a mild basher but this thing hasn’t nudged since I built it.

Note: is the rear posts need grinding too to fit in the body. See red arrow.

Front:
IMG_2899.JPG

Rear: with part I hand to grind too
IMG_2900.JPG

Third step: grind the body. It is ment for the e-revo who has some specific mounting system. Again, some light grinding needed here. (Don't go too far like I did on one side)
IMG_2903.JPG

Finally: drop the body. Super strong. With decals that hold to it. From a USA based company (Proline).

Is it perfect? Probably not. But way better than the unbreakable garbage that takes 3+ months to ship.
IMG_2902.JPG

Sorry for the dirt on the pics. My stuff doesn’t just sit on a shelf. :)

txs nico ! I bent my rear shock tower a month or so ago and upgraded to mitch's new front and rear shock towers so am already using the arma body post except they broke and were on back order. they just shipped last Thursday. so am all set to go bro, thanks for the pics much appreciated! btw I usually run backflips but upgrade to a 1520 from 1515 motor and had to see if the trenchers would over heat the 1520 like it did the 1515.

Attachments

• 20210516_112943.png
    20210516_112943.png
    806.9 KB · Views: 135
I love my Russian body on my MT-410. My dog attacks my truck and holds up excellent. At the local track I see the proline bash bodies do take a beating but the material in the Russian body seems more flexible.

Recent Popular Liked

Back