• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

410.3 Build questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bladefan

Reaction score
Hi again!
I got the tkr8730 shock cap bushings based on someone else’s build but I’m not sure how it fits. Does it replace the stock bushings, tkr6007, or go on top or in them?

also esc soldering.
I got the hobby wing Max10 sct and it comes with bullet connectors that also seem to fit into the esc wells. Is it ok to use bullet connectors to the motor AND into the esc wells or is it better to just solder the motor wires into the esc wells?

thanks!
Ken

Hi again!
I got the tkr8730 shock cap bushings based on someone else’s build but I’m not sure how it fits. Does it replace the stock bushings, tkr6007, or go on top or in them?

also esc soldering.
I got the hobby wing Max10 sct and it comes with bullet connectors that also seem to fit into the esc wells. Is it ok to use bullet connectors to the motor AND into the esc wells or is it better to just solder the motor wires into the esc wells?

thanks!
Ken
I can't answer the first question, but don't solder anything into those "wells" they are the female side of the pins that come on the motor leads. They are a push for and should be pretty snug.

Do you have a photo of what you're taking about with the shock caps?

Thanks Primarc! That’s great. I had soldered the wires in another esc and I didn’t like the results.

here is the photo the top 4 are the option parts and the one on the bottom is the stock bushing.

for now I just replaced the stock bushing with the upgrade. Since it doesn’t seem like the bushing could fit inside the upgrade.

Attachments

• 37D93CC2-A594-4BAF-9796-F2B62529CB7D.jpeg
    37D93CC2-A594-4BAF-9796-F2B62529CB7D.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Which motor are you using?
If there are solder tabs on the motor, then I would solder the wires onto the motor using the solder tabs.

Not sure what you mean by "wells" but the ESC has bullet slots that should be used and will not need to be soldered unless you need to solder bullets onto the wire for the leads that insert into the ESC bullet slots.

Those shock cap bushings are to replace the old style inserts, they snap in place and will not wear as fast as the old inserts.

1625244034756.png

Thanks Primarc! That’s great. I had soldered the wires in another esc and I didn’t like the results.

here is the photo the top 3 are the option parts and the one on the bottom is the stock bushing.
Which motor are you using?
If there are solder tabs on the motor, then I would solder the wires onto the motor using the solder tabs.

Not sure what you mean by "wells" but the ESC has bullet slots that should be used and will not need to be soldered unless you need to solder bullets onto the wire for the leads that insert into the ESC bullet slots.

Those shock cap bushings are to replace the old style inserts, they snap in place and will not wear as fast as the old inserts.

View attachment 7155
Thanks Bill!
Comparing the shocks with the upgrade vs stock, it definitely feels tighter. I will remove the stock ones and replace. What instructions did you link from? Is that from a different tekno kit? thanks for the help!!

im glad to know about the esc. I think I reversed that on a previous esc and I didn’t like my results although it works ok. I filled the esc bullet slots with solder and direct soldered the wire using the other bullet ends for the motor. Stupid of me. But lesson learned!

thanks for the help Bill and primarc!

Recent Popular Liked

Back