• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

ET410.2 build questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mauiripper

Reaction score
I’ve been enjoying putting this rig together, but I have a few questions I’m hoping the more experienced can help me with.
-How tight to make the king pin screws?
Should there be friction turning the spindles or loose being able flick back and forth?
-I’m getting ready to build the shocks and there is a note about not installing an
o-ring if using SCT wheels and tires?
What difference would this make?
Since we do not have a race track here, I wish we did, I want to put some different tires than stadium tires.
The I want to put on are the Pro-Line badlands sc 2.2/3.0 tires
w/ raid wheels w/ 12mm removable hex. Will these work? Any other recommendations?
I thinking about adjusting the wheelbase longer by adjusting the spacers on the a-arm hinge pins, but didn’t want to just start changing stuff before I’ve even tried it stock first, but for my natural terrain and dirt I while be racing around in I think it could help. Anyone have any experience with this?
-And any other helpful advice building and set up would be greatly appreciated.
Looking forward from hearing from you guys...
Thank you Paul

I would tighten the Kingpins down until they are firm, but not like a screw into metal, just firm.

The shocks would be built with more or less extension depending on the type of build, if you have a truggy you may need more extension than a sct. It just stops the shock shaft moving all the way out of the shock body. This is when the oring is installed on the inside of the shock body.

Normally you don't want the wheels to be able to lift off the ground when the chassis is on the ground. So you may need to add an oring to the shock shaft on the outside of the shock body. It can help the truck from bouncing on the rebound of a jump.

I don't have any personal experience with the tyres you're looking at, but they should fit.

The wheelbase effect is very easy to change, you can always try it and see how it goes, I have all my trucks set to the longest wheelbase I can. If will make the car a little slower to turn, but it can make the car feel more stable.

I hope this helps. There are much more knowledgeable guys on here to get advice from, so I hope they can help also. Tekno do a good job of the stock set up so you will have a great performing vehicle even without any changes.

I would tighten the Kingpins down until they are firm, but not like a screw into metal, just firm.

The shocks would be built with more or less extension depending on the type of build, if you have a truggy you may need more extension than a sct. It just stops the shock shaft moving all the way out of the shock body. This is when the oring is installed on the inside of the shock body.

Normally you don't want the wheels to be able to lift off the ground when the chassis is on the ground. So you may need to add an oring to the shock shaft on the outside of the shock body. It can help the truck from bouncing on the rebound of a jump.

I don't have any personal experience with the tyres you're looking at, but they should fit.

The wheelbase effect is very easy to change, you can always try it and see how it goes, I have all my trucks set to the longest wheelbase I can. If will make the car a little slower to turn, but it can make the car feel more stable.

I hope this helps. There are much more knowledgeable guys on here to get advice from, so I hope they can help also. Tekno do a good job of the stock set up so you will have a great performing vehicle even without any changes.
PrimaRc- Thank you for reply, and sharing your knowledge. It’s much appreciated. I’ll give an update when I’m further along. 🤙🏼

Recent Popular Liked

Back