• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Best battery connector

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone used the AS150's they look really nice, 7mm size and anti-spark.
Thinking of using them on my MT410.

Has anyone used the AS150's they look really nice, 7mm size and anti-spark.
Thinking of using them on my MT410.
I tried them and not like them. I find them to difficult to solder and not liking the separate connectors. I am going to stay with the castle creations 6.5mm.

Now, to me, the Castle Connectors are similar in design to the EC5/EC3 connectors. I find those to be a pain to solder, and even bigger pain to reuse. They were the shortest lived connectors to be used by me. It took me about 30 seconds to dislike them, and about a week of trying to tell myself they were great :(...I believe I sold the rest of them for pennies.

My chargers came with XT60 connections built in for when I wanted to use a DC power supply. That's when my love affair with the Amass XT connectors began.

I use EC5's as that's what I use on all my heli's. Majority of heli flyers use EC5's so I just use them across the board to maintain consistency. Never had an issue soldering them and actually find them pretty easy to use. I've tried XT60/90's, but considering I have a bag of like 100 EC5 connectors. . won't be changing from them anytime soon.

Key to soldering EC5 is to not overfill the cup with solder. I usually strip about 1/8" from the wire, tin it, then fill the cup about 1/2 way with solder, and then bring the wire near the tip of the iron and then just plunge it into the cup. Hold it there for a few seconds and you have a nice solid connection. I then use an EC5 tool from Progressive RC to tap the barrel into the connector. If you do end up getting solder on the outside of the cup, just use some desoldering braid and it cleans up nicely.

Agree with cnk! I use the EC5s as well, and am a basher too. The only one I had fail was on my Arrma Kraton, and thats because it got lodged between the battery tray and center Diff Spur gear. The Spark show was cool! Thankfully there wasn't a fire. Replaced with EC5s and back to bashing I went.

I think the key to a good connector is mainly based on securing it well inside your rig. We all have likely experienced a battery coming disconnected. If we can prevent this from happening by securing them better inside the RCs then our issues are mood point. I think all the models mentioned above are good connectors, but EC5s have been working the trick for me recently.

Recent Popular Liked

Back