• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48.3 Battery strap rubbing center front drive shaft.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cadon78

Detachable Member
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. ET48
Ok I have a possible issue I’m hipeing you guys can help me with. It seems my battery straps are running on the front center drive shaft a little. I’m not sure if it is causing too much issue other than wearing down the paint on the shaft. What do you guys think. I have a promatch racing 4s battery.
A2E15067-3FE9-4B97-9DA8-CF528A2E7C9F.jpegBDF34412-E196-456E-B38A-586A8828D5DE.jpeg
It seems like no matter how hard I cinche then down they still kind of seem to rub.

I am seeing the same thing. They have to be getting warm from the friction, wonder if that will lead to strap failure? Right now I am using 6s but they also rubbed when I ran 4s.

20180701_181021.jpg

Hmm well at least it’s not just me having done something wrong LOL! I’ll keep an eye on it and see how things progress. May just need to get a spare shaft for the pit box.

I would reverse the direction of the straps so the knuckle is on the opposite side of the tray, no chance for rubbing on the shaft at all that way ;)

I would reverse the direction of the straps so the knuckle is on the opposite side of the tray, no chance for rubbing on the shaft at all that way ;)

You know I was thinking that also. I looked back over some images on google and the instructions again and they show it going with the buckle to outside of the vehicle. I wasn’t sure if it was for a reason or not.

When I get home from work this evening I will take them out and and reverse and see how it goes. Though I was worried the buckles might be to close to the shaft. I guess I will just have to play with different adjustments until I can find a happy medium.

Thanks for the advice.

You must have something weird there, it shouldn't be rubbing unless maybe you have some freakishly wide battery.

You know I was thinking that also. I looked back over some images on google and the instructions again and they show it going with the buckle to outside of the vehicle. I wasn’t sure if it was for a reason or not.

When I get home from work this evening I will take them out and and reverse and see how it goes. Though I was worried the buckles might be to close to the shaft. I guess I will just have to play with different adjustments until I can find a happy medium.

Thanks for the advice.

My buckles are towards the outside of the tray and still have the rubbing. I guess I wouldn't call it rubbing, it more like brushing against it, just enough to take the anodize off.

Curious how this issue is turning out for those of you who have had some months to observe it.

Any issues? Are the velcro straps wearing through?

I bought some new 50mm wide lipos and they too cause this issue to occur right away.

It basically wears the outside coating of the drive shaft over time. No other damage caused. Velcro still holding up. The m2c wide chassis is one way to permanently resolve that if it is a major concern. The m2c wide chassis and their go big rear brace also adds overall stiffness to the rig, allows for more electronics placement options,, etc.

I have been running mine for two seasons with the same center drive shaft and battery straps. It has rubbed some anodizing off but nothing to worry about IMO.

Yup it is there ...look for part m2c6820 or if you want et48.3 length for extended mt410 m2c6825

Recent Popular Liked

Back