• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

BashingBrians MT410..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That o-ring needs to be seated inside the groove of that collar. It keeps the collar put so it doesn't back off while running.

You will need to take the steering assembly back off to fix that. Make sure to add some grease to the o-ring so you can adjust it without tearing it.

It's the same situation as the collars on the shocks.
Thanks @TBuggy , Now I understand where that o-ring goes ??
The manual was really good up till now, but it really doesn't clearly show where that o-ring goes..?
Also, as the pic below shows, why would you need to fit an o-ring to stop the collar moving when it clearly shows put loctite on the threaded shaft..?
Screenshot 2020-04-29 at 20.41.29.jpeg

I'll tear it down tomorrow and make it right..??

Having completed mine a few days ago and already stripping the plastic servo horn, I'm skeptical about the "back if off 3 full turns" in the manual here. I think w/ the plastic horn, you need to back it off 5-6 turns and live with a little more steering slop.

As others here suggested, I ordered the metal horn which will work fine w/ the above servo saver adjustment, but I was floored that the plastic one died after only three 3S test runs in the grass (and over a small ramp) in my back yard.

TL;DR; - if you plan on using the included servo horn, back off the servo saver more than the 3 suggested turns! :)

Its no surprise to me a plastic horn will strip when running a vehicle like these. The tires that most people put on them coupled with the crashes/sloppy landings that they get put through will strip a plastic horn in no time.

2nd try, this time with correct assembly of the servo saver..??

Backed off the spring 4 turns this time and didn't put any new loctite on the thread..
Using the Tekno wheel nut tool it's so simple to install the nut, I did put some lube on the
O-ring as advised to stop it from tearing..??

IMG_6198.jpeg
IMG_6200.jpeg
IMG_6203.jpeg

I'm still waiting on my metal servo horn..!! will use the stock plastic one for now..?

2020-04-30 23.24.34.jpg

Wow after a whole year I just found out I put the O-ring in the wrong spot lol. Never had any issues with it, I did use the Loctite like they said and it has not backed out. I did wonder what it was there for but I guess I was so into the fun of the build that I just kept going.

Time for the last part, everything has to come to an end sometime..?

Shocks were the next job, I used the stock 700cst oil but added a few upgrades to the shocks as I couldn't help myself ?
Not many pic's as I'm sure you've all seen shocks before ?
All went together perfectly, I used plenty of green slime on all the o-rings and associated parts..? best shocks I've ever built hands down..??

IMG_6182.jpeg
IMG_6183.jpeg

Quick bumper upgrade that I got told about, add hardish foam into the holes in the top part as it stops the bumper from breaking..? I'll soon let you know if it works.

IMG_0841.jpeg
IMG_6466.jpeg

Little trick to seal the RX box is I use this stuff below, it has mega water proofing qualities.??
can be used to waterproof all sorts of electronics amongst other things...

IMG_6278.jpeg

Last but not least are the electronics etc, so in the end I've gone with a spare Arrma setup as I had it lying around, went with 15T Tekno pinion with Arrma Copperhead 2 tyres also treated myself to a new servo too..? 6s here I come..!!

My other choices that I have for electronics are a HW Max8 esc also a couple of long can Rocket motors, but I've been looking at a 1550kv TPpower motor..?
Tyre choices are the Copperheads, Backflip LP's and Badlands I'll try them all and see what I like best..!!
If this thing isn't an absolute animal I will be very pi55ed..???

IMG_6188 2.jpeg

IMG_6193.jpeg
IMG_3293 2.jpeg

I have moved the servo arm to the inner hole since these pic's were taken.

IMG_6289.jpeg

And finally the big reveal..!!? Ford Bronco body ??

IMG_6226.jpeg

First bash, all set to go..?

IMG_6328.jpeg
IMG_6331.jpeg

So there you go, my first outing into the world of Tekno..!!
I'll update this thread and post my opinions etc soon.

You may have noticed towards the end I also bought the famous Tekno pit mat..???

Hope you enjoyed it so far, see you all next time..???
Bash on..!!
( sorry I forget this is Tekno, Race on..??? )

Last edited:
First post bash report, not too happy..? I broke the unbreakable Tekno (sort of) ..!!

So I finally got outdoors to run the MT.. I went with the Copperhead 2's an Arrma BLX esc/motor running 15T pinion and a 6s 4000mAh 60c battery..

To start with it doesn't do standing backflips like everybody said it would ?? not very impressed at all.

I know the battery is low mAh but I run the same setup in my Typhon and it rips..!!
So I'm guessing it's not the battery, I have esc set at max punch as I do on all my rigs,
I'm starting to think that maybe the Copperheads are too large ?

I'm having trouble trying to understand how people with only 4s can do standing backflips..??
Do I need bigger battery, better esc, bigger motor..??

Anyway putting that aside, the handling of this truck is awesome and once it's moving it's nuts ? it's so fast.!! It just soaks up all the rough terrain like it wasn't there..?? those Tekno shocks truly are the best on the market as far as I'm concerned..

All in all it was going great until I noticed the truck seemed a bit loose and wobbly, the fun time was over, on to the breakage...!!
It was only minor but I think people should keep and eye on this problem if they own a MT.

So what had happened was the locknut had worked loose allowing the turnbuckle to move up and down, back and forth..!!?
The damaged was the bolt and ball, lucky I had some spare balls to hand from when I modded my Infraction..
I've never bent my balls before..????

IMG_6336.jpeg
IMG_9164.jpeg
IMG_5188.jpeg

When I got home I took the truck apart because I wanted to check the rest of the locknuts, to my surprise I was able to completely screw the locknuts on by hand just with my fingers..!! so the locknuts weren't actually locking, easy fix though as I have some better M3 locknuts fitted now that I can't just screw on by hand..?
I checked the other locknuts on the shock standoffs and they were loose also, they were fixed with a small amount of loctite as I don't have any M4 locknuts with flanges..??
I'm going to replace all the Tekno locknuts soon..!!
( shame on you Tekno for supplying ? nuts )

IMG_5685.jpeg
IMG_4767.jpeg

That's it for now, only a small problem but a problem none the less..?

Last edited:
With the way you're describing the performance (plenty of speed once its moving, but slow to accelerate and no standing backflips) I wonder if the punch setting on your ESC is at the wrong end of min/max? On the Castle, 0% punch means NO current limiter (i.e. full current) during acceleration, so setting punch to 100% actually limits current the most and totally kills the ability to do any backflip shenanigans. I can do standing backflips on 3S with the duratrax six-pack tires which are HUGE, or standing backflips on 4S with the dboots backflips 6S tires. If it put the backflip LPs on there, there isn't quite enough immediate twist to do a standing backflip (still does 'em, but not consistently/easily).

From what I gather, your motor/esc combo should have similar performance to the castle 2200kv I'm running, so I'm sure that initial snap and craziness is possible! Might also check to see if your radio or ESC has a non-linear throttle curve (i.e. 'exp' on the radio or custom throttle curves on the ESC).

All electronics setup correctly ie: punch, expo etc ???

I cant believe all those locknuts backed out on you!? is their a particular brand of aftermarket ones you use or are any aftermarket nut better then the tekno? i will be definitely investing in new locknuts.

I cant believe all those locknuts backed out on you!?
Luckily I had some stainless steel ones in my tool box, just have a look on Ebay/amazon for M3 Nyloc nuts.

I do believe I must of had a duff batch, because everything else Tekno was/is amazing ?

Broke my bumper, lost my foam..?

Fixed my bumper..?

Need new foam and have to remember to glue it in this time..!!

IMG_6399.jpeg

Recent Popular Liked

Back