• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Backflip 4S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PKMSM

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. ET48
  2. MT410
When I was ordering my ET48, since I knew all of nothing about RC cars (still don’t know much), I got on the phone with the online vendor to ask them about different things, including wheels and tires, and while browsing I asked him whether the Backflip 6S fit, and he said they did. I took them out for the first time tonight, man these things are big! I put them on, and they hit the turnbuckle at full turn, and also the arms when turned the other way.

Quick search and it looks like the Backflips 4S might be better for the ET48, but there were also mentions of extended hubs so I’m not entirely sure whether I need to change anything for them to fit, so here are a few questions:

1- will the backflip 4S fit the stock ET48 2.0 or do I need any modifications?
2- same question for the 3.8 Proline Badlands
3- do The Backflip 6S for the MT410? I don’t have an MT410 but maybe I’ll get one and I could keep the wheels for that. If not, I may just return them

Thanks for the help, the wheel/tire sizing is a little confusing.

Last edited:
Grab the 4S they fit just fine. I run backflip 4s for both my MT410 and ET48 2.0.

Prolines work too just a tad smaller overall than the 4S.

Here are some older pics of the 4S. Currently, my ET48 2.0 is getting rebuilt for racing this spring and I reverted my heavily modified MT410 to mostly stock.

4133AE50-6DCE-4886-8E3C-09D6878EACCF.jpeg
297BF634-76BE-46C5-99C1-AB8648140E4A.jpeg
F1944027-788E-41FF-ADFC-5443D1035BB0.jpeg

Last edited:
Grab the 4S they fit just fine. I run backflip 4s for both my MT410 and ET48 2.0.

Prolines work too just a tad smaller overall than the 4S.

Here are some older pics of the 4S. Currently, my ET48 2.0 is getting rebuilt for racing this spring and I reverted my heavily modified MT410 to mostly stock.

View attachment 7916View attachment 7917View attachment 7915
Perfect, thanks. These are nice rigs! The 4S seem perfect in them, the 6S are way too big and heavy. I ordered the 4S and see if I can return the 6S.

I have the same electronics as you. I tried to remove the motor leads this weekend to change the direction and make them shorter but encountered some difficulty. I managed to remove one lead but just couldn’t melt the other two and didn’t want to leave the iron on the leads for too long. I ordered a bigger tip and will give it another try later.

I noticed you have the orange springs. Do you do high jumps? Just trying to learn a little more about set ups and options.

Yea return those 6s tires they are just too big! My friend just got an Mt410 second hand and it came with the 6s backflip and they really are just too big. I didn't think the MX3.8s would be smaller than the 4s Backflips though?

Yea return those 6s tires they are just too big! My friend just got an Mt410 second hand and it came with the 6s backflip and they really are just too big. I didn't think the MX3.8s would be smaller than the 4s Backflips though?

Badlands 3.8 are smaller than Backflip 4s and both of those are smaller than Badlands MX3.8

how about proline trencher 3.8 lp. are they any good for all terrain surfaces?

how about proline trencher 3.8 lp. are they any good for all terrain surfaces?
Trenchers balloon on me like crazy and the belted ones are as heavy as a brick 🧱

Backflip 6s don’t balloon are nice and narrow. At high speeds don’t have any sidewall roll like some of my Prolines do. They just eat the sh!t out of any off road terrain

To each tire it’s use. But the Backflips LP get there 90% of the time though. Backflips 6s for jumps and air control.

I like the fact that the Arrma rims don’t have too much offset too. Makes for better handling.

was asking about the proline trencher 3.8 lp because I want something for the road too sometimes. The 4s on road would wear and tear fast I think

was asking about the proline trencher 3.8 lp because I want something for the road too sometimes. The 4s on road would wear and tear fast I think
For me, it is older tires that get on the road. I usually finish my racing tires this way and they work surprisingly well on pavement.

What a difference! The 6S look ridiculous next to the 4s.

View attachment 7934
That is quite the difference! I never really compared. I’ve got some Bakflip LP 4S for my Tekno ET48 2.0 build as well so good choice on those. Great tire I may order a second set as I am always afraid Arrma will stop making them if they don’t continue their 4S line of rc.

That is quite the difference! I never really compared. I’ve got some Bakflip LP 4S for my Tekno ET48 2.0 build as well so good choice on those. Great tire I may order a second set as I am always afraid Arrma will stop making them if they don’t continue their 4S line of rc.

I did a lot of searching but couldn't find any direct comparisons online so I thought this picture might be helpful for others who are making the same decision. I did come across a couple of YouTube videos talking about how good the "Backflips" are on the MT410 and the ET48, but neither of them mentioned whether they were talking about the 6S or 4S.
I didn't weigh the 6S before shipping them back, but they were also noticeably heavier.

I did a lot of searching but couldn't find any direct comparisons online so I thought this picture might be helpful for others who are making the same decision. I did come across a couple of YouTube videos talking about how good the "Backflips" are on the MT410 and the ET48, but neither of them mentioned whether they were talking about the 6S or 4S.
I didn't weigh the 6S before shipping them back, but they were also noticeably heavier.
Just ask! :)

IMG_0862.jpg

IMG_0861.jpg

When I was ordering my ET48, since I knew all of nothing about RC cars (still don’t know much), I got on the phone with the online vendor to ask them about different things, including wheels and tires, and while browsing I asked him whether the Backflip 6S fit, and he said they did. I took them out for the first time tonight, man these things are big! I put them on, and they hit the turnbuckle at full turn, and also the arms when turned the other way.

Quick search and it looks like the Backflips 4S might be better for the ET48, but there were also mentions of extended hubs so I’m not entirely sure whether I need to change anything for them to fit, so here are a few questions:

1- will the backflip 4S fit the stock ET48 2.0 or do I need any modifications?
2- same question for the 3.8 Proline Badlands
3- do The Backflip 6S for the MT410? I don’t have an MT410 but maybe I’ll get one and I could keep the wheels for that. If not, I may just return them

Thanks for the help, the wheel/tire sizing is a little confusing.
Hello. And just to confirm i don't think the ET48 2.0 comes with +2mm hubs(the MT does if i'm right), you need them to make the Backflips fit. BF 4S are my weapon of choice for bashing. A bit more "rough" landings and less chassis clearance compared to the 6S version, but much more managable when driving on ground and really lighter. Super tyre for me and great grip.
The only issue i have (it's the same with the 6S) is that, at least when they are new, they are really hard(almost locked) to remove from the hubs after a run. Actually i found that the rim's hole is a bit tight and drag on the thread of the hubs. Solution is to grind a bit the rim's holes to widen a bit the diameter(something like 0,5mm is probably enough for the rims to slide properly on the hubs) and then they are very easily removable from the hubs.

Hello. And just to confirm i don't think the ET48 2.0 comes with +2mm hubs(the MT does if i'm right), you need them to make the Backflips fit. BF 4S are my weapon of choice for bashing. A bit more "rough" landings and less chassis clearance compared to the 6S version, but much more managable when driving on ground and really lighter. Super tyre for me and great grip.
The only issue i have (it's the same with the 6S) is that, at least when they are new, they are really hard(almost locked) to remove from the hubs after a run. Actually i found that the rim's hole is a bit tight and drag on the thread of the hubs. Solution is to grind a bit the rim's holes to widen a bit the diameter(something like 0,5mm is probably enough for the rims to slide properly on the hubs) and then they are very easily removable from the hubs.
The ET48 2.0 comes with +4mm in the front and +2mm in the rear.

Although that was probably not the concern they were solving, but it fits all basher wheels stock.

Recent Popular Liked

Back