• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Standing backflip question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeknoMT410#1

Reaction score
Will a Hobbywing Max8 with the 4274 motor be enough to do standing backflips? Got all the MTC bracing and wide body chassis for my MT410, so it will be heavy. I have always ran sensored motors in my buggies, so not sure if the SL will have enough power to do standing backflips. Also plan to use the Backflip LP 4 wheels, and 4s battery and start with a 15 or 16 pinion for gearing.

It might if there is enough grip on the surface, the Max 8 isn't the most powerful esc, but it is fairly reliable, the 4274 size is a good motor, but with all the extra weight you might find you run into heat issues. The Castle systems that I've used seem to be very powerful, but I can't fit it in my mt410 easily.

Currently I'm running a blx185 combo in mine and I can run a 17t pinion fairly hard without overheating during a 4s run. My truck is nearly stock and I've run the lp backflips right up to the copperhead 2 tyres, so you might get away with running the max 8 combo on a 15t, or won't have a high top speed, but it will still be fun.

With the wide chassis you could fit a larger combo couldn't you?

I already bought the 4274, could return cause haven’t even opened it yet. Could go for the Max6, that will fit with the wide chassis. I suppose could go with Castle, but heard a lot of people have issues with them.

I already bought the 4274, could return cause haven’t even opened it yet. Could go for the Max6, that will fit with the wide chassis. I suppose could go with Castle, but heard a lot of people have issues with them.
I have 5 castle set ups and not and any issues in 4 years with any of them

Knock on wood 🪵

Recent Popular Liked

Back