• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Arrma Kraton Appreciation Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A question for you guys. So we know the Kraton is a great basher. Part of what makes it attractive to me, is that it is a RTR that happens to be very good. My point there is that it's good enough to get the job done but you don't feel guilty running it hard, getting it dirty etc. So that brings me to the guys that bash ET48s and such. Do you guys feel guilty running those trucks? Sounds silly but I have a 8ight-t 3.0 that I mainly bought for the track and light bash duty. But I really have never bashed it hard at all, even though it should be able to take abuse as good as my Arrma and Revo (if not better). Last night I tossed my Shockwaves on the TLR and it looked amazing. I ran it at the house and it was awesome. So now I am wondering if I should also start taking that thing out to bash too. Would be similar to you guys that bash your ET48s.

That Losi can take a beating, I understand worrying about it losing some of its value and making it look old and used, guess it depends on your wallet, or if you are on the fence about keeping it, or selling it, bashing will reduce its value but so will racing it, I personally would either sell it or take it out and beat the snot out of it, fix repair and modify weak points.
A couple vids of Utrak's Losi 8ight T he was very impressed with his 2.0

Ya that thing runs good. Awesome vids, thanks for sharing.

It's a cool truck. I love it. Our outdoor track needs redone (it had a lot of wood ramps with carpet) so they don't race / practice on it anymore and the truggy is too much of a handful on our indoor track. That was why I got more into 2wd and my EB48SL for racing. And the truggy sits a lot more. So I think bashing it would be fun. If they fix up the outdoor track or I find another one close, then I'd love to run the truggy again on a track. But ya, trust me, I have replaced a ton of parts on the thing from track usage. So I know it is very hard on it. It's mainly just not wanting to get the thing muddy, whereas the Arrma is still all water proof, so it runs fine in the wet and is easier to clean.

I hear ya on the Arrma being easier to clean...it’s the same with my ET vs. Kraton. The Tekno arms have so many pockets and the chassis layout is tight.

BUT, you should order a can of Moo-Slick and spray the truck down excluding the ESC, work it in all the nooks and crannies with an unused paint brush as well as the rest of the truck. Buff off what you can get to and then let it sit and dry for a day. This makes cleanup soooooooooo much easier. The only thing you will really need is a good air compressor after that.

Man, I have got to find a bashing spot like that!

Got a good bash session in with the Kraton tonight only running on 4S though...still had a blast!

I was crossing a parking lot and hitting this grassy hill and jumping a driveway and landing in the front yard of a church....was awesome.

At one point i mac’d a yellow concrete parking curb with the right side arm....I thought for sure I was going to walk up and see carnage but it just took it! Only have a little bit of a dent in the lower arm!

I love how tough this thing is!!!!!

Took my Kraton out the other day and beat the snot out of it. I drove it up a tree about 10-12 feet and plinko’d off tree branches until it landed on it wheels and drove off haha.

was launching out of the skate park bowl last night. It's perfect for a nice 8-9 foot back flip, with 12-15 foot of horizontal travel landing on grass. Some kids were egging me to go bigger, because they could see hoe fast it was, but also saw that I was not hitting the launch quite as fast. Not being one to disappoint, I gave it an extra 20 feet of hard throttle before the launch. I got a little off track and launched at an angle about 15* to the right, and sent the Kraton, to the moon. No Joke 20+feet into the top of a cedar tree. car came tumbling down and smack right onto the edge of the concrete and the grass. Bunch of laughs and chuckles fro the kids. then one of them kicks the kraton back over on e it's wheels, and I took off back into the boal, back flipping from the lip to the bottom. turned around and lined up better. Another 20 foot of vertical with a double back flip, landing perfectly on all fours. And the crowd went wild!!!! This thing in like a TIMEX. Keeps on tickin'

Those things for sure are durable. My Typhon seems to be holding up in a similar banner, since I started bashing with it. Only issue I've had is the motor mount seems to come loose a lot (bolts on the tray). May have to loctite it.

Those landings on concrete definitely can make you cringe especially coming down from so high. Did you know it was going to land where it did halfway through the fall to where you just let go and brace for impact lol? My ET landed wrong a few days ago and cartwheeled down this long hill and landed top down in a parking lot (didn’t slide though). About halfway down the hill I just let go of the remote and just watched and waited. I was either going to smack into the parking curb at the bottom mid cart wheel or it was going to miss it. Luckily once the grade evened out it went from cartwheel after cartwheel to a couple cart wheels and hop, couple cart wheel and a hop and just barely cleared the curb and land plopped down on its lid and stuck.

Those things for sure are durable. My Typhon seems to be holding up in a similar banner, since I started bashing with it. Only issue I've had is the motor mount seems to come loose a lot (bolts on the tray). May have to loctite it.

They should have come with Loctite on them since the mount is metal?

Have you got your Losi or yet?

They should have come with Loctite on them since the mount is metal?

Have you got your Losi or yet?
It's been apart a few times but I didn't Loctite it when I put it back together. I suppose I should. a couple times now when I am cleaning the car, I can feel very slight play and then i snug it up and it's good for a while. But I should be proactive to make sure it doesn't come loose and just Loctite it.

And yes I had it out recently but nothing to speak of. But we are taking a vaca to my family's cabin next week and there is plenty of places to bash. i plan on taking the 8ight-t, the Typhon and the Erevo. Should be fun. Hope to get some cool pics or vids.

Got a few pics with the Typhon and the Erevo.
IMG_0288.JPG

IMG_0279.JPG

IMG_0251.JPG

IMG_0243.JPG

It seems like the typhon lands really well. I’ve seen lots of videos of it and it just sticks the lands well.

It seems like the typhon lands really well. I’ve seen lots of videos of it and it just sticks the lands well.
Ya I would totally agree with that. It lands controlled as a regular buggy after you dial in the shocks (they are a bit soft for track use in stock form). But once I did that, it was very nice. And after converting mine to a basher, it keeps that quality. The same weekend that I ran both of the vehicles above, I had a good example of where the Typhon excels. My front field was cut and I was taking the cars through there and getting a run at where the driveway crosses. It is a nice jump that kicks them up nicely with such a fast run-up. On my Erevo I was having a hard time landing it. It wanted to backflip immediately, leaving the face on the throttle. The Typhon took off flat, stayed that way and landed perfectly, every time. The Erevo was about 50/50 on how it would take-off and land.

Recent Popular Liked

Back