• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Arrma Kraton Appreciation Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. ET48
Driving Style
Basher
Last Sunday evening I drove my Kraton straight into some concrete steps up at the park. I was driving down a grassy hill almost full bore and realized I was on course to smack the steps. I release the throttle and cut the wheels to steer away from it but it they didn’t turn fast enough and the tires just slid once they did finally turn (I was running the stock tires and servo). So, I smacked the concrete with my wheels full lock to the right and snapped my left front lower arm in half. This was about 2 minutes into my run lol.

So, I replaced the arm and swapped the garbage Minnokawa’s (never did like them) for Backflips and wow did they wake this truck up! It’s like a whole new beast! It grips and rips now.

I really can’t believe the difference these tires have made. I knew a lot of the power was being lost before but had no idea just how much. It’s like a new truck now and will actually pull the front wheels off the ground on 4S and stock punch setting.

It’s like I have a new truck now lol. Anyone else love their Kraton?

That is awesome. I don't have a Kraton but have been a big fan of that truck since release (well, Arrma in general). The Kraton was basically my inspiration to make my Typhon into a truggy/buggy basher (in the favorite RC thread). It was either than or buy a Kraton lol. But ya if I got a Kraton I'd swap the servo, get some tires and T-Bone bumpers and run the thing. Maybe get some Voltage parts later down the line. Otherwise, those things seem to rip.

Thought this is for Tekno discussion.

That is awesome. I don't have a Kraton but have been a big fan of that truck since release (well, Arrma in general). The Kraton was basically my inspiration to make my Typhon into a truggy/buggy basher (in the favorite RC thread). It was either than or buy a Kraton lol. But ya if I got a Kraton I'd swap the servo, get some tires and T-Bone bumpers and run the thing. Maybe get some Voltage parts later down the line. Otherwise, those things seem to rip.

The Typhon truggy conversions look like they are an awesome basher. I actually thought about doing that with the EB48 before I decided to buy the ET. I’m going to start upgrading the Kraton with some T-Bome bumpers and some Voltage Hobbies parts now. I thought about selling it but my wife actually likes to drive it so I’m thinking I will just keep it and upgrade it. I went to a BMX Park this weekend and ran my ET....I plan to take her next time so some bumpers are good idea for it. She hasn’t driven it with the new tires yet....I think she will like it even more now.

Thought this is for Tekno discussion.

Yeah, we can talk about whatever in General Chaos.

The Typhon truggy conversions look like they are an awesome basher. I actually thought about doing that with the EB48 before I decided to buy the ET. I’m going to start upgrading the Kraton with some T-Bome bumpers and some Voltage Hobbies parts now. I thought about selling it but my wife actually likes to drive it so I’m thinking I will just keep it and upgrade it. I went to a BMX Park this weekend and ran my ET....I plan to take her next time so some bumpers are good idea for it. She hasn’t driven it with the new tires yet....I think she will like it even more now.
Very cool. I think you have 2 of the best basher trucks out, with the Kraton and the ET set-up for bashing. Very cool. And BMX tracks are always a blast. I live 10mins from a good BMX track near me (that I used to race at) but I take my RCs there on occasion and it is always fun.

I absolutely love my Kraton. I was And yeah, the Back Flip tires are the goooooods. I use the stockers for wet asphalt drifting. The list of upgrades is crazy. Teckno full option shocks, Voltage shock towers, Voltage Sterring rack, GKA servo mount, Savox 1210sg servo, Outcast battery tray, outcast tall sides, outcast front dirt gaurds, Hot racing Differential holder in the middle, Hot racing aluminum diff mount, hot racing chassis braces on the front and rear, Fast eddie Bearing all around, Hot racing hubs in the rear, Hot racing steering rack, TRB Basher bumper in the rear, TBR 2nd gen bumper in the front, Robinson Racing Pinon Gear, Teckno Diff shims, and a Grave Digger Body, using the Extended body posts from the T-MAXX with screw down body retainers. This thing is just the maddest basher I’ve seen. I really want a Teckno buggy so I can dial in the perfection.

My Kraton = a WRX rally car. Fast enough to win, tough enough to crash and cheap enough to fix.
The future teckno buggy = and off road Ferrari.

Good grief that is quite the list! It’s basically bulletproof now. I remember seeing pics over on the Arrma forum of it. It looks mean!

A question for you guys. So we know the Kraton is a great basher. Part of what makes it attractive to me, is that it is a RTR that happens to be very good. My point there is that it's good enough to get the job done but you don't feel guilty running it hard, getting it dirty etc. So that brings me to the guys that bash ET48s and such. Do you guys feel guilty running those trucks? Sounds silly but I have a 8ight-t 3.0 that I mainly bought for the track and light bash duty. But I really have never bashed it hard at all, even though it should be able to take abuse as good as my Arrma and Revo (if not better). Last night I tossed my Shockwaves on the TLR and it looked amazing. I ran it at the house and it was awesome. So now I am wondering if I should also start taking that thing out to bash too. Would be similar to you guys that bash your ET48s.
20180514_210814sm.jpg

That is one good lookin’ Losi! I would bash it man, just drive it and enjoy it. How often do you race? I wouldn’t go sending it over the house or anything but have fun with it. I will admit, I don’t like getting my ET super dirty but I will if I know I will be a good time. I just make sure I clean it right after.....I do the same with my Kraton too.

True. That all makes sense. Thank you for the compliments. When I am able to, I try to at least get the the track 2-3 times a month (more in the winter). I used to take that Losi all of the time, but now that I have the EB48SL and TLR22 4.0 SR. I always take those and then will occasionally bring my 8ight-t or mini 8ight-t too. But they aren't as regular at the track as they once were. So similar to what I did with my Typhon, I thought it would be cool to also have the option to bash the 8ight-t too, just so I can get more use out of it. Plus, it is fun to run in a bash environment. Since I've converted my Arrma, I've run it more than it has in a while, because it wasn't getting track time like it used to. The TLR is doing the same (a lot of sitting). So I want to bash those machines, but I just sometimes feel more guilty getting them dirty or wrecking them more than I do with my Erevo. I know it sounds ridiculous.

I don’t think it sounds ridiculous. The Losi was built by you and the Typhon was converted which takes work and they cost a lot of money. So I get it.

I’m kinda the same way to some extent. I don’t care to bash it but I don’t intentionally try to do crazy stuff that could break it. The worst thing for me is letting them sit really dirty. I try my best to take care of all of my stuff, especially my RC’s.

Just stay off concrete or blacktop when you run and you should be good to go. The damage will be much less if you were to go shell up.

Last edited:
Love my Kraton!! I sent it over a halfpipe at the skatepark this morning for a double backflip! I only broke a shock end, landed right on the concrete too. You can see when I bring it back, its sagging on the right hand side lol.

Love my Kraton!! I sent it over a halfpipe at the skatepark this morning for a double backflip! I only broke a shock end, landed right on the concrete too. You can see when I bring it back, its sagging on the right hand side lol.

Kraton is definitely a beast! Nice backflip and skatepark. I need to find one of those around here.

Still in Love with my V1 Kraton, I have beat it into the ground and it still comes back for more... It stole my Love away from the MT4-G3... I have recently acquired my 1st Tekno et48.3 hoping to achieve Monster Truggy Bliss :)

Still in Love with my V1 Kraton, I have beat it into the ground and it still comes back for more... It stole my Love away from the MT4-G3... I have recently acquired my 1st Tekno et48.3 hoping to achieve Monster Truggy Bliss :)

You have some awesome videos! This is a great bash spot and you’re ripping it up!

You have some awesome videos! This is a great bash spot and you’re ripping it up!

Thank You Mongoose, can't wait too get my et48.3 built and shoot some vids of it in action :)

Yes sir, looking forward to it. I think you’re gonna love the ET...it’s so nimble and light on its feet. It’s crazy how that feeling can transfer through a remote control lol.

A question for you guys. So we know the Kraton is a great basher. Part of what makes it attractive to me, is that it is a RTR that happens to be very good. My point there is that it's good enough to get the job done but you don't feel guilty running it hard, getting it dirty etc. So that brings me to the guys that bash ET48s and such. Do you guys feel guilty running those trucks? Sounds silly but I have a 8ight-t 3.0 that I mainly bought for the track and light bash duty. But I really have never bashed it hard at all, even though it should be able to take abuse as good as my Arrma and Revo (if not better). Last night I tossed my Shockwaves on the TLR and it looked amazing. I ran it at the house and it was awesome. So now I am wondering if I should also start taking that thing out to bash too. Would be similar to you guys that bash your ET48s. View attachment 425

Have you bashed it yet?

Have you bashed it yet?
I haven't. They day that I wanted to, it was wet out still, so I used the Arrma again lol. But hopefully this weekend. Going to the track tonight though. I'll update you.

Recent Popular Liked

Back