• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

AllRacing 7075 aluminum gearboxes!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is it stock diff pinion?

Last edited:
Pretty sweet! I’ll replace with these once /if needed...

How long did these take you to receive Overkill? I take it based on them selling on Aliexpress they ship from overseas?

Overkill, what shims did you use in the Allracing gearboxes? just rear one or both?
I saw the pic the other day and was wondering...

How long did these take you to receive Overkill? I take it based on them selling on Aliexpress they ship from overseas?
I ordered it directly from the manufacturer in China, took around 3 days.

Overkill, what shims did you use in the Allracing gearboxes? just rear one or both?
I saw the pic the other day and was wondering...
It only needed 1, the Tekno shim.

I'm currently talking with Tang to try and improve the bearing housing tolerances.

I ordered it directly from the manufacturer in China, took around 3 days.

Dang are you saying 3 days to ship out or 3 days for you to receive the product?

Also about the tolerances are they enough out that people should hold off on ordering?

3 days to receive the order. I had some up and down play in the diff bearing housing. He's sending me another set so we'll see how they look.

oh god... I got my two gearboxes yesterday, I did not opened the blister yet but reading this I will have to check them both asap. :(

So, I did not begin with the build yet, I am just gathering the needed parts. I checked the gear boxes and the bearing seemed well fitted in the gear box with no play so far...
Overkill, did you notice the play before mounting it or when putting it under load?

So, I did not begin with the build yet, I am just gathering the needed parts. I checked the gear boxes and the bearing seemed well fitted in the gear box with no play so far...
Overkill, did you notice the play before mounting it or when putting it under load?
That's great to hear. I noticed the play just from test fitting.

That's great to hear. I noticed the play just from test fitting.
Have you gotten the newer diffs yet good sir? I am very interested, I am rebuilding my ET48 with the M2C wide chassis figure I might try and pick these up if the tolerance issues are fixed

Have you gotten the newer diffs yet good sir? I am very interested, I am rebuilding my ET48 with the M2C wide chassis figure I might try and pick these up if the tolerance issues are fixed
Should be getting them this week.

The bearing tolerances are perfect on this 2nd set, thanks All Racing! The diff bearing housings have zero play and the pinion bearings snap in good.

Thanks for the update @Overkill , glad to see they fixed the issues. Going to grab me a set soon. I am going to have to go with a 6s setup like yours soon just to move mine it is getting heavy lol

Man, these are awesome. Glad to know they work in the ET too.

So are you working for Tekno yet @Overkill lol? You seem to do a lot of R&D. You get pretty in depth with it and understand tolerancing, proper assembly procedures and seem to have a broad knowledge of what is commercially available. I don’t see this much on the forums. Are you an engineer?

Man, these are awesome. Glad to know they work in the ET too.

So are you working for Tekno yet @Overkill lol? You seem to do a lot of R&D. You get pretty in depth with it and understand tolerancing, proper assembly procedures and seem to have a broad knowledge of what is commercially available. I don’t see this much on the forums. Are you an engineer?
I would use the shorter Arrma driveshaft for the ET. Haha thanks, I just really enjoy building this stuff. (y)

@Overkill

How have the cases been holding up? Any issues? The added weight help tame the monster at all?
I just got them installed in my buggy, haven’t ran them yet.

Recent Popular Liked

Back