• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

A few question about by 410.2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJJ

Reaction score
My EB410 is stock, setup out of the book, with the addition of the Adjustable Ackermann Spindles and the D arms. I have a couple questions.

1) Dirt track, loamy and loose. My rear is not planted enough, easily breaks loose in a turn. I am going to buy the A Ackermann arms to try them out to reduce some steering. I am also thinking about going from 10k to 12.5k diff oil in the rear. Am I missing anything? Any other suggestions? I hear good thing about the LF springs, not sure what is a good fit.

2) My batteries get a lot of sand and dirt around them in a race and are very hard to remove, the sand locks it in. I use fabric tape as a handle to help and it tears away. Any alternate mounts?

Thanks people!

JJJ

please post your setup sheet filled out and then I can see what you can do to get more rear grip

I would go down on the rear diff to 7K possibly 5K

I actually run 3K in my 1/8 BUGGY rear diff

Hi Bill, thanks for helping! I have attached the setup sheet.

Notes:
1) I have added an adjustable Ackerman Arm setup with arm D. I think I should have gone with A for this track. D may be better for a tight indoor clay track I go to.
2) I have Proline Fugitive tires installed now, I think I should go to Hole Shots, this was my original plan.
3) I'm not sure how to measure Kickup, Droop or Anti Squat.

Thanks again!

Note: The markup does not display in Firefox, but it does display in Chrome and Edge

Attachments

• EB410_SetUpSheet_5-10-2022.pdf
    947.8 KB · Views: 168
There's no big secret to the tuning here, your goal is to get more rear grip and reduce front grip.

Here's a tuning guide that you can use to fine tune settings yourself, I'm just going to help you prioritize the changes where I recommend making only 1 change at a time until you get the desired effect... if you go too far then get too much rear grip and will lose steering making the car too slow in the corners. It's a balancing act where you want the car to be able to drift on power rather than spin out. Tune with crappy worn out tires, once you've got a setup that can work with the worst possible tires then any good tire will make your setup perform even better during a race.

https://www.teknorc.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Set_Up_Guide.pdf

1) Bumpsteer: I would add 4 spacers on the spindle to make the steering link more level which stabilizes your steering

2) 14mm ride height is WAY too low... for loose grip I would start with 20mm front and 22mm rear (go with max ride height until you start to traction roll, then reduce ride height until traction roll issue goes away) I prefer to always have rear 2mm higher on the rear and adjust both front and rear together when changing ride height in general

3) 15-30-10 diffs are for medium to high grip tracks, I would start with 7-7-3 for low grip and go up from there if you're diffing out anywhere, maybe 7-10-5 for a little more aggressiveness

4) Move front shock tower from #2 to #1 hole

5) Move A block insert 180° so the nipple is on top , this will increase kickup and stabilize steering

6) Move rear shock tower from #2 to #4 hole and from B to A hole on the arm

7) Switch C block insert to far upper/inside nipple which will increase anti-squat and rear toe

8) Increase to max wheelbase on spacers of arms

9) Set camber to -2 all the way around

Remember, only make 1 change at a time as you go down this list of recommendations to try

Good Luck!

PS... Holeshots are great for low grip!

Last edited:
Thanks Bill - this is an eye opener! I appreciate the context you added to everything instead of just saying "set this to that", it helps a lot and goes along with "teach a man to fish".

Recent Popular Liked

Back