• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Would Kraton 6S V5 electronics fit in an MT410??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcway16

Reaction score
I’m new to the MT410 (...and R/C). I recently put together the TRX4 ‘Crawler Kit’ (w/ included electronics) and loved the process. Now I’m looking for something fast and have my eye on the MT410.

I have access to brand new Arrma Kraton 6S V5 electronics and am wondering if they will drop right in to the MT410?
Would these be adequate enough for light bashing and just messing around?
how does the MT410 handle 6S? Or should I stick with 4S?

The electronics consist of the following:
  • Spektrum™ Firma™ 150A Smart 4S/6S ESC (installed)
  • Spektrum ™ Firma ™ 4074 2050Kv Brushless Motor with ARRMA® Heatsink (installed)
  • Spektrum ™ S652 Metal-Geared Digital Servo (installed)
  • Spektrum ™ SR315 3-Channel Dual Protocol Receiver (installed)
  • Spektrum ™ SLT3™ 2.4GHz 3-Channel Radio

I’m new to the MT410 (...and R/C). I recently put together the TRX4 ‘Crawler Kit’ (w/ included electronics) and loved the process. Now I’m looking for something fast and have my eye on the MT410.

I have access to brand new Arrma Kraton 6S V5 electronics and am wondering if they will drop right in to the MT410?
Would these be adequate enough for light bashing and just messing around?
how does the MT410 handle 6S? Or should I stick with 4S?

The electronics consist of the following:
  • Spektrum™ Firma™ 150A Smart 4S/6S ESC (installed)
  • Spektrum ™ Firma ™ 4074 2050Kv Brushless Motor with ARRMA® Heatsink (installed)
  • Spektrum ™ S652 Metal-Geared Digital Servo (installed)
  • Spektrum ™ SR315 3-Channel Dual Protocol Receiver (installed)
  • Spektrum ™ SLT3™ 2.4GHz 3-Channel Radio
Yes they will, you will need to get a different servo horn for the servo though, stock horn on the MT410 is 25T Spektrum uses 23T.

From what I have seen the MT410 is an animal on 4s, 6s is just insane.

Get the metal horn, plastic ones don’t last a pack.

4s is good to keep some level of control on the truck. I would pick ET with longer wheelbase for 6s.

Great, thanks guys.

So basically I just need the Tekno 23T servo horn and I should stick with 4S, easy enough!

I do have one other question, with those electronics, what size pinion gear should I go with???

I do have one other question, with those electronics, what size pinion gear should I go with???
Hello @Jcway16 I have the 185blx system in mine and I started with a 16th tooth pinion for mine on 4s and it’s a monster. I’m not an expert on pinion gears and I’m new to the MT410 also. I took mine out during the week and I was very impressed with the setup.

Hello @Jcway16 I have the 185blx system in mine and I started with a 16th tooth pinion for mine on 4s and it’s a monster. I’m not an expert on pinion gears and I’m new to the MT410 also. I took mine out during the week and I was very impressed with the setup.
Hi! How did you fit the 185blx? I got the 150blx system and it won't fit. is there an adapter I can get to install the esc to another location?

Hi! How did you fit the 185blx? I got the 150blx system and it won't fit. is there an adapter I can get to install the esc to another location?
I cut the tabs off my ESC and use shoe goo to hold it down I can get some pictures of the setup when I get off work I’m located in San Diego

I cut the tabs off my ESC and use shoe goo to hold it down I can get some pictures of the setup when I get off work I’m located in San Diego
Thanks!

I cut the tabs off my ESC and use shoe goo to hold it down

Yes, if you cut the mounting tabs off you can get a BLX185 / Firma 150 to fit:

A6DEEA7D-629C-463F-8FEF-278F659536DE.jpeg

Great, thanks guys.

So basically I just need the Tekno 23T servo horn and I should stick with 4S, easy enough!
You don’t need to fit the spectrum servo just the Esc and Motor. Spectrum servos are not good servos tbh and there isn’t any reason you have to fit one of there’s. You would be better off fitting a 25T JX or DS Servo in the truck

Thank you for the pic @Engineer! Where did you get that heatsink and fan? Looks awesome! did you have heat issue?

That particular heatsink is the Powerhobby Heat Sink w/ Twin Turbo Fans: https://www.powerhobby.com/powerhobby-heatsink-ph1289blue.html

It's pretty much the same thing as the Yeah Racing twin fan/heatsink as well: https://www.yeahracing.com/heat-sin...ith-around-40-8mm-diameter-ya-0261bk-00033978

They work pretty well although the Spektrum motor is a tad small in diameter so you need to shim it just a bit.

So far no issues with temperature but I'm only running on 4S.

Completely agree with everything in this post...but I would ditch the stock servo you have an get something more robust an reliable. Most RTRs seem to save money by including crap servos that blow out far too soon, even with an aluminum horn. Personally, I like Savox servos, as I've been running them for far too many years than I care to admit. Currently running a 1256TG in most of my rigs, no issues.

Recent Popular Liked

Back