• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Which springs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tamiyauberalles

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
After putting larger tires (dboot backflips) I had to switch the shocks to other top holes.
Now the car sits low in the rear even at max preload and doesn't turn all that well under acceleration, so I figure I need harder springs and thicker oil (at least in the rear).

Has anyone experimented with other springs? Orange front and rear? Which oil?

Last edited:
After putting larger tires (dboot backflips) I had to switch the shocks to other top holes.
Now the car sits low in the rear even at max preloaf and doesn't turn all that well under acceleration, so I figure I need harder springs and thicker oil (at least in the rear).

Has anyone experimented with other springs? Orange front and rear? Which oil?

First thing I think of when I hear a car not turning well under acceleration is "are the wheels getting traction or are they spinning, on the surface you are driving on?"

Have you adjusted the shock collars? You can bring the ride height back up pretty easily by adjusting the shock collars. Also, check out this setup guide for an idea of cause and affect for tuning adjustments.

Try some tuning adjustments that can affect what you want. It could be something as simple as just adjusting your ackermann position, shock position or even just ride height.

Some questions for you;
How did it drive before changing tires?
What kind of surface do you run on?

Ended up ordering Kyosho big bore springs in blue as the Tekno were not in stock.
I'll report back.
By the way, I used the turnigy (from hobbyking) shock collars and boots from a super cheap set of 1/8 shocks I got and they are waaaaaay nicer than the stock Tekno. For a few bucks you can't go wrong.

I run orange springs front and rear on my ET48.3 any time I run bigger monster truck tires. They seem wo work much better than the stock greens..

Same oil thickness ? By the way, what is 700# tekno in Losi (or other) units?

700 is about 45 wt in Losi.

Thanks!
Do you have a table for it?

Is there a spring Colorado/oil thickness combo recommendation by Tekno somewhere?

Recent Popular Liked

Back