• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48.3 Which should I get for Bashing(leaning toward ET 48 2.0)?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quattheduck

Reaction score
I am sort of stuck between 3 choices. The only RC car I've ever had was Granite Voltage, and while I like it, it's obviously an entry level RC.

I am not someone who is going to have a whole fleet of cars, or ever race them. I might not even jump them ever. I mainly like to be able to drive around, go fast from time to time, and not worry about it breaking. Main use case 90% of time will probably be in my backyard in grass, although I'm sure I'll take it out other places occasionally.

I am torn between the MT 410, the ET 48 2.0 and Arrma Kraton EXB.

MT 410 sounds awesome. But my fear is that it's small, which I view as a drawback. And I don't like how it's very wheelie/trick/flip oriented, when I don't really do that stuff. I view it if anything as a drawback because I want it to be more stable on the ground, rather than be more agile/mobile in the air, and in terms of doing wheelies(I'd rather the front end stay down more so I can go faster accel without popping up if anything). I've also seen that at higher speeds it pretty much just wobbles and crashes, which is concerning.

ET 48 2.0 sounds awesome. But it's expensive. And it seems like it really isn't designed as a basher, and at that price point, I'm not trying to change much, I'd just run it stock(except that one part you're supposed to change out per the manual). I'm not too knowledgeable about what exactly about it isn't designed for bashing, but that's concerning. I love the bigger size, quality, etc.

Arrma Kraton EXB sounds awesome. But my fear is that it'll break. Tenko seems more durable. Overall, the size, weight, etc of the EXB seems like the best fit, but I'm really buying this RC with the idea that I don't push it hard, so it should last with minimal repairs for quite a while. Plus, I miss out on the added benefit of learning everything about the car by putting it together top to bottom(plus I've read the EXB often come with problems).

Wondering if someone has some advice, or maybe even another model that might fit what I want.

What really would be perfect would be a Kraton EXB type car, but made by Tekno as a kit. But I'm pretty new to this, and am very open to other people's opinions.

EB410.2 1/10th 4WD​

From what I've read elsewhere

"The EB410/ET410 are NOT intended for bashing, you'll bend one super fast if you try to bash them. They're track only."

Not sure if that's true, but considering durability is one of my main areas of concern, even if it's a little true I don't think it'd be a good fit.

I just finished building a MT410 and it is absolutely awesome. I put the Dboots Backflip LP tires on which makes it a little less wheely happy. I am running a castle MMX/2200kv on 4s and it flies. If you are unhappy with the shorter wheelbase, you can spend about $200 and turn it into a ET48.3 and still have all the extra parts to turn it back if you want to.

The Kraton EXB is also a very good choice. It is great for general bashing. I have seen one survive a skatepark bashing. You still get to pick all your own electronics and learn a bit in the process.

Personally, I love the MT410. I put the proline baja bug body on it and it looks pretty sweet. It is a super fun build and it is rewarding to watch that box of parts turn into a bashing machine.

The original MT410 I built had a Castle MMX/2200kv with Arrma Dboots Backflip tires. It would do standing backflips on 4s. My most recent build has the low profile Dboots Backflips to tame that down a bit.

mt410.jpg

“I am not someone who is going to have a whole fleet of cars, or ever race them. I might not even jump them ever. I mainly like to be able to drive around, go fast from time to time, and not worry about it breaking. Main use case 90% of time will probably be in my backyard in grass, although I'm sure I'll take it out other places occasionally.”
Not sure what direction to point you…. Traxxas?
You wanna BASH till broken go Arrma 😉

The original MT410 I built had a Castle MMX/2200kv with Arrma Dboots Backflip tires. It would do standing backflips on 4s. My most recent build has the low profile Dboots Backflips to tame that down a bit.
He doesn’t wanna do backflips.🤷

EB410.2 1/10th 4WD​

Currently building an ET410.2 and I would not recomend it for general bashing... for 1/10 I would highly recomend the sct410.3. I have raced it around the track, hit the triples, and occasionally slammed it into a pole mid-air or the wall at full speed and have only broken 1 part. Below is a picture of the et410.2.

20230115_195158.jpg

Here is a side by side comparison of the mt410 and kraton 6s exb. The mt410 has the Backflip LP tires and the kraton has the 6s Backflips

20230115_201350.jpg
20230115_201403.jpg
20230115_201419.jpg

What would you say are pros/cons comparing the Kraton and Mt410?
To me the 410 just looks so short, and the Kraton looks like it'd be a lot more stable.

But I really don't care looks wise. Which do you prefer for just cruising around on grass?

I’ve owned the eb48, et48 and et410. Currently own eb48 2.0, et48.3 and an arrma Mojave exb that I put a notorious chassis on. I’m mostly a basher. Race basher, I set up little tracks when I bash. I don’t treat my cars nice! I drive them hard and push them to the edge of breaking. I would stay away from 1/10 scale for bashing. The eb48 is a very good buggy. It is more limited as to where I can drive the way it wants to be driven compared to the truggy and arrma. The et48 is definitely one of my favorite bashers of all time. It handles well is durable. As long as you keep it at 4s. The et48.3 imho is a better basher compared the the new platform, 2.0. The mt410 is the 48.3 arms on a buggy chassis. The arrma is a great car too. It is a beater compared to the tekno. It’s a tough car. It’s fun! It’s a keeper. If I could only have one I would choose the tekno. It’s just a fine machine. It will teach you about driving. These are race bread cars. They may spoil you so Just a heads up! I would say if you want a reliable, fast, good handling pretty dang durable rc car That you don’t have to upgrade out of the box. Get a tekno, get a truggy, they’re amazing. My arrma on the other hand I’ve had to do some upgrades to make it durable as I want to drive 6s. Luckily i got it for really cheap. There’s another thing. Teknos hold there value pretty well compared to other rc’s. Atleast that been my experienc. Never had a problem selling my teknos. Have fun!

What would you say are pros/cons comparing the Kraton and Mt410?
To me the 410 just looks so short, and the Kraton looks like it'd be a lot more stable.

But I really don't care looks wise. Which do you prefer for just cruising around on grass?
The Kraton will be more stable if you are just looking to cruise around on grass. The MT410 will wheelie alot due to the shorter chassis.

The kraton is very well planted and will be more stable on jumps as well. The mt410 has more "fun factor" for me because of the extra challenge.

It sounds like you may be better off with the Kraton for your application... unless you really want to have a good time building... then I would get the MT410 kit and convert it to an ET48.

I’ve owned the eb48, et48 and et410. Currently own eb48 2.0, et48.3 and an arrma Mojave exb that I put a notorious chassis on. I’m mostly a basher. Race basher, I set up little tracks when I bash. I don’t treat my cars nice! I drive them hard and push them to the edge of breaking. I would stay away from 1/10 scale for bashing. The eb48 is a very good buggy. It is more limited as to where I can drive the way it wants to be driven compared to the truggy and arrma. The et48 is definitely one of my favorite bashers of all time. It handles well is durable. As long as you keep it at 4s. The et48.3 imho is a better basher compared the the new platform, 2.0. The mt410 is the 48.3 arms on a buggy chassis. The arrma is a great car too. It is a beater compared to the tekno. It’s a tough car. It’s fun! It’s a keeper. If I could only have one I would choose the tekno. It’s just a fine machine. It will teach you about driving. These are race bread cars. They may spoil you so Just a heads up! I would say if you want a reliable, fast, good handling pretty dang durable rc car That you don’t have to upgrade out of the box. Get a tekno, get a truggy, they’re amazing. My arrma on the other hand I’ve had to do some upgrades to make it durable as I want to drive 6s. Luckily i got it for really cheap. There’s another thing. Teknos hold there value pretty well compared to other rc’s. Atleast that been my experienc. Never had a problem selling my teknos. Have fun!
Why do you say 48.3 is better than 48.3 2.0? Also, when you say get the tenko truggy do you mean 48.3?

The Kraton will be more stable if you are just looking to cruise around on grass. The MT410 will wheelie alot due to the shorter chassis.

The kraton is very well planted and will be more stable on jumps as well. The mt410 has more "fun factor" for me because of the extra challenge.

It sounds like you may be better off with the Kraton for your application... unless you really want to have a good time building... then I would get the MT410 kit and convert it to an ET48.
And by convert it do you basically just mean getting a longer chassis?

Why do you say 48.3 is better than 48.3 2.0? Also, when you say get the tenko truggy do you mean 48.3?
He is saying the ET48.3 is better suited for bashing and the ET48 2.0 is better suited for racing around the track. The ET48.3 has been discontinued and replaced by the ET48 2.0, but Tekno will continue to sell parts for the ET48.3.

If you have the money I say go for it. Just get yourself a ET48 2.0 and enjoy learning and building! There are enough tuning options to make your head spin, wich is fun too. If you like tinkering and adjusting things to make it perfect for your driving style then you will have a great time.

Because on the newer truggies there’s a space on the arms where there is no plastic. They did this to allow free er movement for racing. For bashing it doesn’t matter. Since the truggy arms are long there’s more leverage. If you can find a 48.3 used for a reasonable price, get one. Otherwise the 2.0 will be good. Especially since you’re not doing heavy bashing. Also, as other have said get an mt410. If you find you want a more stable car then buy the longer chassis and rear driveshaf and convert It. Then you will have 2 cars!

THE question no one asked, HOW BIG IS YOUR BACK YARD? How much space makes a BIG deal with what car you build and what scale. You will start running around and going fast in short space UNTIL that becomes boring, Then you will want to experiment with jumps and eventual flips and air control. One either grows in the sport with challenges and learning control or gets bored and quits. Build a unit for future. The MT410 is a great investment. As you grow you can always update with M2C Racing upgrades and experience a totally new truck. 1/10 takes more room than the 1/8 scale. We started with Armma years ago and got so tired of fixing. They have improved over the years. The 3S line is impressive. NOTHING beats a Tekno. The building is so worth what you will learn. We run our MT 410 size units the most. Have the SCT 410, local track closed. Converted to small back yard basher. Not built near as strong as the MT. The price on the MT410 kit is a really good deal. One can tune down at the MT with motor size and gearing as well. And run a 2s or 3S battery instead of 4S. Will never need more then a 4S.

The ET410 would be much like the MT but longer. It is a good unit. $90 more. It would be a good investment as well. It is very fun to run and stays on ground well. You would be happy with either one. Fewer bodies for the ET410 to choose from. It also has less ground clearance and may need as tall as tower and you can run.

Recent Popular Liked

Back