• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

What is a reasonable price for ET48.3 Roller?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hscic

Reaction score
I have a couple of EB48s but would like an ET48.3 roller. What is a "reasonable" price for an ET48.3 Roller is good condition? Thanks

Here is my experience from one year ago, Truggy still running strong.

I got a used Truggy for $650 (shipping included):
  • it was an "ok" Truggy, not super fresh, not beat up either. I bash / race in parks with friends and do not need a fresh build
  • Maintained by a racer with what seemed a good schedule. Diffs were all filled, bearings were smooth and outdrives / shafts neither weared out nor bent.
  • ET48.3 + Tekin RX8 Gen3 + Tekin T8 2000kv Gen 2 + Savox servo + 4 x Backflips + wing = $650
From there:
  • I added a body and then an unbreakable body. It doesn't look good, but sustains the weekly torture
  • Dumped the Backflips really quick and got the Backflips LP (4s version) who are a lot better IMO for this Truggy. Now I only run race Truggy wheels and love the way they handle.
  • Tried the full m2c bracing thing and went back to a more racing configuration with a bit of flex. Now only running the m2c chassis (not the wide one) with plastic braces and find it a really good compromise performance / durability.
  • Added Sanwa MT-S (very nice) + Rx with internal antenna
  • I wasn't sure about the Tekin stuff, initially thought it would be too fancy for bashing. All electronics still running strong one year later!
Very happy with my purchase. Love the way it handles and the bashability of the beast. I alternatively race it with my EB48.4. Always take both to the track.

Considering selling all the M2C goodies I have for the ET48.3.

Here is my experience from one year ago, Truggy still running strong.

I got a used Truggy for $650 (shipping included):
  • it was an "ok" Truggy, not super fresh, not beat up either. I bash / race in parks with friends and do not need a fresh build
  • Maintained by a racer with what seemed a good schedule. Diffs were all filled, bearings were smooth and outdrives / shafts neither weared out nor bent.
  • ET48.3 + Tekin RX8 Gen3 + Tekin T8 2000kv Gen 2 + Savox servo + 4 x Backflips + wing = $650
From there:
  • I added a body and then an unbreakable body. It doesn't look good, but sustains the weekly torture
  • Dumped the Backflips really quick and got the Backflips LP (4s version) who are a lot better IMO for this Truggy. Now I only run race Truggy wheels and love the way they handle.
  • Tried the full m2c bracing thing and went back to a more racing configuration with a bit of flex. Now only running the m2c chassis (not the wide one) with plastic braces and find it a really good compromise performance / durability.
  • Added Sanwa MT-S (very nice) + Rx with internal antenna
  • I wasn't sure about the Tekin stuff, initially thought it would be too fancy for bashing. All electronics still running strong one year later!
Very happy with my purchase. Love the way it handles and the bashability of the beast. I alternatively race it with my EB48.4. Always take both to the track.

Considering selling all the M2C goodies I have for the ET48.3.

Thanks for the info....so you don't race your ET48.3 at the tracks? Nice setup, however I am looking for a roller or slider hence my question on a reasonable price for a roller. My spare electronics are similar to what you have on your ET. Prices for the ET sure seems to be a lot higher than the EB48s....don't know enough about the ET to know why pricing is the way it is.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info....so you don't race your ET48.3 at the tracks? Nice setup, however I am looking for a roller or slider hence my question on a reasonable price for a roller. My spare electronics are similar to what you have on your ET. Prices for the ET sure seems to be a lot higher than the EB48s....don't know enough about the ET to know why pricing is the way it is.

No, I don't race at the track. We have a "local track" (
) and a group of folks setting up temporary tracks and I stick to racing with them. Only way for me to race weekly.

I believe the EB48 goes for very low prices because everyone is waiting for EB48 2.0. I did notice there is more demand on the ET48 and even more on the MT410 that keeps prices higher.

The ET48.3 is a very high-end kit and has everything you would want in there. Shock caps are metal, towers are super strong. The only adds you need for it is the aluminum servo horn and possible chassis bracing if your plan is to bash it.

I wouldn't have much more inputs beyond what is on Buy/Sell groups. Since I did buy one used, that gives you at least one data point to be comparing with. Note: I see very few ET48s sold as a roller.

Rollers usually go for around $350.

You are spot on...just picked up a one year old ET48.3 Roller that included a Hobbywing Xerun XR8 2250kv motor for $350. There are a few ET48.3 Rollers on FB going for $375/$385 + actual cost of shipping...ARTR for $650. I was tempted on bidding on an awesome ET48.3 ARTR with quality electronics on ebay...winning bid went for $455. Patience is a virtue when looking for good deals. Thanks for the input.

Rollers usually go for around $350.
This is true, but only for ones in great condition. Do not pay this much if it has a lot of wear or is not well kept. You can get a good condition used ET48.3 roller for around $300. $350 should be great & clean.

Recent Popular Liked

Back