• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48.3 Weird missing screw mounts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cadon78

Detachable Member
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. ET48
So I’m finally getting this thing finished so I can run with a temp motor and esc. I’m having some weird discrepancies with the instructions and the actual parts. The instructions show there should be a place to mount a screw, however in actuality there is not. Has anyone else had this issue and if so what did you do?

9FFF55DD-2AF9-4871-85F7-922CBB2E8E35.jpeg

D2C8C1BA-6CF1-4C08-9986-571041477641.jpeg

You’re good. I had the same issue and called Tekno about it and they said the plastic guards have been revised but the chassis hasn’t making that hole obsolete. Mine is the same way.

You’re good. I had the same issue and called Tekno about it and they said the plastic guards have been revised but the chassis hasn’t making that hole obsolete. Mine is the same way.

Oh ok cool, thanks. I was a little worried and a little just thinking it was a missed revision. Another issue I had was on the book the center diff is shown going into the vehicle different in multiple illustrations.

Apparently when I was building it I paid more attention to the 2nd and 3rd more than the first so I put it in backwards LOL! I only found out when I went to install the temp motor I got until my friends at Tekin get their production issues worked out.

I noticed the different diff orientation too...not sure what’s up with that.

Did your kit come with loose revision pages in the manual like this?

E79D2A7C-358E-49F9-938F-94B169316BFE.jpeg

If it makes you feel any better I thought I put the front diff on the rear and the rear diff on the front after completely assembly each lol. It was about 2 in the morning and I had a major brain fart lol.

Luckily they were correct but the thought of tearing it all back down at 2 in the morning after expecting to run it later that day was not something I was going to be happy to do lol.

I noticed the different diff orientation too...not sure what’s up with that.

Did your kit come with loose revision pages in the manual like this?

View attachment 759

Mine did have 1 loose paper revision but I don’t remember what it was for now. I don’t think it was the same as yours though. What threw me off was these darn illustrations. Well the first was right, the others were wrong LOL!

3532CB65-6F66-4B91-9123-795DDB128C74.jpeg794D86DA-AE85-44A5-96EE-1691DC3BC4E0.jpegB7B02520-BD23-4586-8B18-93DF3BFF4D89.jpeg

I had the same confusion with that chassis screw. I put a screw In it anyway, the empty hole bbothered my OCD. Didn't have the loose manual page though.

I had the same confusion with that chassis screw. I put a screw In it anyway, the empty hole bbothered my OCD. Didn't have the loose manual page though.

That’s part of the issue for me too LOL! I have a chassis protector from Fierce to cover the bottom so I’m hoping it won’t bother much and maybe if I’m lucky I will forget about it.

I think I may have found a discrepancy in the manual with parts numbers, for the et48.3 build. I bent a steering turnbuckle, the camber adjustment one. My manual shows the part # as TKR5123 so I went to Amain Hobbies online to order the part. The picture they provide didnt seem to match my part, TKR5123 appears to be much smaller than mine. I checked the compatibility and it showed this part # is for buggy's. The part # for ET/MT is actually TKR5451.

Recent Popular Liked

Back