• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Traxxas receiver and transmitter in EB48 2.0?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nvhywycop

Reaction score
Transmitter and receiver. I decided to build an EB48 2.0 bc I really wanted a buggy but couldn’t find any RTR that I liked. I live in the country and built a 100’x100’ track that just my kids a few buddies and I race for fun. I have a few Traxxas RTR with the blue link in the controller. Is it possible to put a Traxxas receiver in my EB 48 2.0 and run it with my Traxxas transmitter? I plan on putting in the Tekin Gen 3 with the 2250 kV. If I can, am I taking any risks in damaging my buggy? Or would I just be missing out on the extra tuning and modifying of it? If I can’t then are there some affordable options you can recommend? Thank you!!!

Is it possible to put a Traxxas receiver in my EB 48 2.0 and run it with my Traxxas transmitter?

Sure you can. Not sure what risk of damage you're referring to. Just remembered though that Traxxas limits the bec to 6 volts and I believe that's what the receiver is rated for. I've heard of some running up to 7 volts on the receiver with no issue so if your Tekin is adjustable keep that in mind.

Transmitter and receiver. I decided to build an EB48 2.0 bc I really wanted a buggy but couldn’t find any RTR that I liked. I live in the country and built a 100’x100’ track that just my kids a few buddies and I race for fun. I have a few Traxxas RTR with the blue link in the controller. Is it possible to put a Traxxas receiver in my EB 48 2.0 and run it with my Traxxas transmitter? I plan on putting in the Tekin Gen 3 with the 2250 kV. If I can, am I taking any risks in damaging my buggy? Or would I just be missing out on the extra tuning and modifying of it? If I can’t then are there some affordable options you can recommend? Thank you!!!
Yes it will work

But

You can get an entry level spektrum or futaba for under 150$ or the next jump will be around 270$

if you have multiple rigs or plan on getting more in the future a nice rx/tx set up is a must In my opinion

I personally uses one Traxxas Transmitter (with Bluetooth module) for almost all my RC.
The first reason it that I already had many of them with My RevoXMaxTRXMAXSlash and also my sons.
The receiver have TSM (Gyro) built in and easily adjustable on the fly.
I usualy drives with TSM off but sometimes on very slippery terrain it can be very fun to make perfect drifts :cool:
The phone companion with Bluetooth makes managing all the models, setups, endpoints, memory, settings etc very easily on your phone.
I've never reached the distance limit with those and I have good eyes ;-)
A Traxxas transmitter can be bind to multiple receivers and receivers can also be bind to multiple transmitters.
The remotes of my son's can also control my models, for a family playing together it's valuable.
The receiver (45€) are not on the cheap side but considering the gyro included remote firmware update etc. it's not that expensive.

I also Have a Spektrum DX4 so I can compare but I never owned futaba or other high end remotes.

The only downside is the plastic/toy feel in the hand but I'm used to.
I'm looking to find something to cover the handle to make it fell less "plasticky".. if you have a suggestion ? :)

Last edited:

Recent Popular Liked

Back