• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Thoughts on new Arrma Kraton EXB?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveko23

Reaction score
I'm curious if there are any thoughts on this forum on the new Arrma Kraton EXB? It's lightly more similar to the MT410 than the Kraton 4s or 6s because it's 1. more durable and 2. is kit-like in that you need to add your own electronics so I suspect the total cost would be much closer to an MT410. The EXB is a bit bigger/heavier than the MT410 so they are obviously not exactly competing for the same market. I was just curious if anyone in this forum had thoughts on it.

Pretty interesting to me as a new vehicle in addition to the MT410 rather than in place of it. The Kraton is closer to the ET48.3 in terms of wheelbase, but heavier as you noted. With all of the basher-focused parts on the EXB, I assume its even heavier than the normal Kraton 6S.

I like the MT410 in lightweight stock form w/ 4S, but I might consider the Kraton EXB for a heavier/longer 6S basher to add to the fleet.

Tangent - the vehicle I'm most enjoying at the moment is my 1/14 Associated Reflex 14T - so fun to have something light, agile, and cheap that can tear around in short grass or on the street and you can run it at 100% all the time w/o needing huge spaces to stretch its legs. My point is that bigger/stronger/heavier bashers aren't necessarily more fun. Just faster and tougher.

Yeah I agree with that. I have a blast with my 1/16 Traxxas e-revo around the yard. I currently don't own anything near the size or weight of the Kraton so it is a curiosity to me. I assume I wouldn't really be able to have a ton of fun with it around the yard, I'd have to take it elsewhere to bash around, whereas with the MT410 being lighter/smaller that may work. I don't think they are really competing for the same market share though. I was mostly curious what people here thought about it since I know there are or were a lot of Arrma owners who are now Tekno owners and one of the reasons some people switched was because of the durability of tekno in comparison to the Arrma's and this looks to have mitigated some of that.

I think most of the durability of the MT410 comes from weight, the EXB can't compete in this area IMHO.

Recent Popular Liked

Back