• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Tekno MT48.3 - Truggy chassis converted Monster Truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea the droop screws are simply thin head 4mm screws. The reason you dont want to run without any screws is because you dont want the shocks to be the parts that bottoms out as it puts strain on the pisons, shock ends etc. So i set it up so the droop screws stop the arms just before the shocks max out. Plus with the much heavier monster truck wheels and tires and the more extreme angles of the arms the universals/cvd's can get pretty close to popping out of the diff cups, plus they will wear much faster running that way.

When i bought my ET48.3 last year i had originally planned on getting the MT410, but i really wanted the longer wheelbase plus it comes stock with a lot of the upgraded parts that I would have spent extra money on anyway. I ended up so impressed with it and the quality of Tekno that within the next 2 weeks i ordered up the SCT410.3 and EB48.4 as well. I still would like to add the MT to the garage as I want to have one that is set up to run 6s all the time that is a dedicated bash truck, but ive been holding out to see what the new 2.0 electric rigs will be like whenever they come out. I do think that the MT will be the last of the new ones to come out so ill probably just grab the current version because ive got so many common spares. We will see. 14 months after getting the kits, between all 3 the only parts that ive had to replace is a couple hinge pins, one ET universal shaft and one shock shaft, and ive had tons of giant crashes that should have destroyed many parts. These make all my other RC's seem fragile haha.
That makes sense on the droop screws.

Pro-line seems to have several bodies that could work for this mounting style. It seems that your mounting style, since it's limited by not being able to adjust the height of the mounts, works best when the front and rear mounting locations on the bodies are parallel so the body isn't slanted. And with the ET48.3 chassis, a 13" + wheelbase is required. Anything less may look to small.

These seem like they should fit your mounting style. As well as the other one you mentioned.

I don't think the wing looks bad on your truck. It just sticks out as a bit odd because the color doesn't match the body's paint job. I bet if you painted the wing to match it would look great.

Yes, Teknos make other RCs seem very fragile! I'm in the same boat with my first Tekno. It's made me want more.

I got my MT wheels and tires in and it appears they are going to work. I was even able to mount the JConcepts tires on the RC4WD wheels (which are 17mm hex). I'm going to proceed with the rest of my build and definitely use your body mounting technique. There are several odd adapters and things I needed to buy to make these wheels work on the ET48.3 though. It should be interesting. I'll update my build post when I figure out every last detail. Still a work in progress. But these would look bitchen on your Monster Truggy!

IMG_2814.jpg

I have wanted to grab a Proline Top Kick body, the larger of the two sizes available as it has a long enough wheelbase that i think would fit better and look more proper, but the front hood has more slope to it that the Raptor so im not sure if it would end up working with my current mounting system. Its discontinued, but I know my LHS has a couple in stock...

https://www.prolineracing.com/bodies/gmc-topkick-clear-body.asp

I don't think the extra 0.8" is worth it for the Top Kick body. That sloped front end would be problematic. And it's pretty fuggly IMO!

I may have found the ideal body size wise. So the Arrma Nero has a wheelbase of 14.88" which is very close to the Tekno ET48.3. The Nero has been discontinued but Arrma still makes bodies for it, or at least they are still for sale.

Big rock nero body

Stock nero body

It's pricey for a body, but it seems to be the dimensions we're looking for.

Length: 21.1 (537mm)
Width: 8.5 (216mm)
Height: 6 (152mm)

It's made for the Nero so it must be made for a 14.88" wheelbase. And the 13" wheelbase bodies from proline tend to be about 19" long. This is 21" long, so all the specs check out! The width is a bit wider than the Proline bodies though. This is 8.5" wide whereas the proline bodies tend to be around 7.5" wide. As long as that width doesn't look bad, this should be the right body fit. Looking at google images of this body, it might be a bit too wide looking. But with my build having massive monster truck tires that may fit perfectly. With yours I'm not sure. I feel like this body dwarfs regular tires.

Last edited:
I'm going to need an update on this to decide between the MT410 and the new Axial monster truck kit.

I'm going to need an update on this to decide between the MT410 and the new Axial monster truck kit.
Have you seen my other post in the RC Builds section of the forums?

Go with a Tekno if you want to bash. Go with an Axial if you want to do the monster truck racing like on Trigger Kings, but note that they don't survive bashing nearly as well as a Tekno.

Have you seen my other post in the RC Builds section of the forums?

Go with a Tekno if you want to bash. Go with an Axial if you want to do the monster truck racing like on Trigger Kings, but note that they don't survive bashing nearly as well as a Tekno.

No, I'll have a look.

I already have a race ready mt410 (against truggies and buggies), but I really want to make a clone of my childhoods clod buster.

No, I'll have a look.

I already have a race ready mt410 (against truggies and buggies), but I really want to make a clone of my childhoods clod buster.
Oh yeah, then you need to check out my build. I literally just did the same thing :-D I wanted a monster truck but didn't want a clod buster or SMT10 because they aren't very durable. The nice thing about my build is, it's a few part swaps away from a racer. So you can bash it and race it. I'm going to let my kids race this one, and its parts are the same as my racing truggy. So that's a win win! Then when we're not racing, throw the monster truck tires on and go bashing!

https://www.teknoforums.com/threads...er-truck-tires-on-a-tekno-brainstorming.1291/

Last edited:
Oh yeah, then you need to check out my build. I literally just did the same thing :-D I wanted a monster truck but didn't want a clod buster or SMT10 because they aren't very durable. The nice thing about my build is, it's a few part swaps away from a racer. So you can bash it and race it. I'm going to let my kids race this one, and its parts are the same as my racing truggy. So that's a win win! Then when we're not racing, throw the monster truck tires on and go bashing!

https://www.teknoforums.com/threads...er-truck-tires-on-a-tekno-brainstorming.1291/

I wonder if the new SMT10 is better than the old one... I'd have to check the sizes too, I want a big truck lol

I wonder if the new SMT10 is better than the old one... I'd have to check the sizes too, I want a big truck lol
Good question, ask around on some forum where people drive nothing but SMT10s, they could tell you. But from what I've seen, people literally buy SMT10s then replace every single part on there except the chassis... I think they came out with an SMT10 kit which doesn't include some parts (that people replace anyways). So maybe you could go that route? But regardless, I guarantee 100% that a Tekno MT will be a better basher than an SMT10. So again, if you want to bash you're probably better off going Tekno unless you want to be gentle with it. The SMT10s were made to use like 2s and 3s LiPo. I don't think they even put 4s in there without things blowing apart. Where as a Tekno was made for 4s and 6s. Much more durable.

Recent Popular Liked

Back