• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Spares - Looking for what spares to keep in the box.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skynet5

Reaction score
Do I just buy a set of every spare going? lol

I don't race the EB48 anymore, but when I did, here's what I kept:

drive shafts for arms and center line
CVD rebuild kits
shock shafts
gear boxes
screws/washers/nuts for steering links
shock boots
wing
shock caps
shock towers
arms
camber links
full bearing set, swap during rebuild and clean bearings to prep for next rebuild, keeping spares ready to replace if you blow a bearing

When you blow a bearing you should also replace the plastic hub carrier, if not then you will go through bearings very quickly

keep plenty of hardware for mounting all the bushing/inserts for arms/hub carriers as well as carriers themselves
arm pins
pill inserts

I try to build a stock pile of broken parts and then ship a large order of 10+ parts at a time to get 50% lifetime warranty deal.

Okay I'm gonna crack out the manual and get the part numbers.

I built the kit okay. Whether I knew what parts are what is a different matter. I see they give them names in the back of the manual so that'll help.

Enjoy your rig and build spare parts over time.

if you are going to the track on a very regular basis and want to reduce downtime to minimum, I would consider getting a second truck.

Keeping a rig up at all times is going to be a significant effort / cost.

So I have a good idea on what spares I need after my first practise, plus some other stuff.

I lost a rear driveshaft grub screw. Thankfully someone at the track had a spare. Clearly didn't loctite it enough.

Schumacher wheels are crap. 2 have cracked, so need to buy better quality rims and mount the tyres myself. Need some acetone to get the tyres off. The rim became so bad its was hitting the bolt.

Likely buy a spare spur gear, maybe the metal upgrade, as a tooth has already become a little knarled.

Looking around I'm better understanding the car, and why the list above makes sense... But I'll build it slowly.

Also I need a car battery so I can power my charger at the course. An 8500 and 7000 pack goes quick when you're having fun.

Attachments

• IMG_20200627_153351.jpg
    IMG_20200627_153351.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_20200627_181924.jpg
    IMG_20200627_181924.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG-20200627-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20200627-WA0002.jpeg
    46.6 KB · Views: 238
You need to get the 1+ or possibly the 2+mm hubs and those rims should rub. I get a slight rubbing when running the Seeps rims/tires. This was fixed with the above mentioned +2mm hexes. I happened to already have them on hand but I have some +1mm on the way as well to see if the smaller ones will still work so I don't have too wide of a stance for my likings.

You need to get the 1+ or possibly the 2+mm hubs and those rims should rub. I get a slight rubbing when running the Seeps rims/tires. This was fixed with the above mentioned +2mm hexes. I happened to already have them on hand but I have some +1mm on the way as well to see if the smaller ones will still work so I don't have too wide of a stance for my likings.
You mean these?

https://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr507...aluminum-gun-metal-ano-1mm-offset-wpins-2pcs/

Why are they star shaped, they look to be hex compatible, just with the edges pushed in.

Recent Popular Liked

Back