• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Sitting low?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drachenmp

Reaction score
I finished up the build of my MT410, followed the instructions correctly and such but for some reason it seems the truck is sitting pretty low when not moving. Like the chassis sits lower than where the arms connect. Seems fixable by cranking the shock adjusters WAY down but that doesn't seem right. Did I just build/fill the shocks wrong or something or should I be using different shock mount holes than the ones recommended as "stock" in the instructions?

Is this just in the front or back, or both??

I felt the same with my EB48 2.0.
The rear end chassis sits parallel to the arms, although its my first buggy (coming from a truck background) so I adjusted the shocks a little and put it down to being normal for a competition buggy!

For a MT410 personally I would like for the chassis to sit a little higher then the arms - although I'm sire someone with more Tekno experience will chime in shortly ;)

You definitely have to crank them down a decent amount. This is one area where the manual is a bit weak. It says to adjust the ride height and suggests that you start with the driveshafts level (parallel) with the ground and tweak from there. Specifically it says
"
Ride height will vary depending
on wheels and tires used.
Start with driveshafts level."

With the green springs that come w/ it, you'll crank them to 15mm or more from the topmost position in the rear, and I think around 10mm in the front (can't remember for sure). I recently switched to yellow springs and even there it's still a notable amount of adjustment to reach their recommended starting point.

Last edited:
For rough offroad terrain, look to the real trophy truck set up. More down travel than up travel at ride height. You want power to the ground, while wheels travel up the tires are on the ground no matter what. The down travel is what keeps tires on the dirt. Having said that, I've noticed at a spot that we drive at, which has some rc sized "whoops" , the mt410 soaks and floats over these better than any other car I bring. This is at speed. I suggest start with the recommended setup, drive it, and adjust as you see fit. Dont get caught up in how it's supposed to look like. If it's running well (for you, at your location) then nothing else matters.

Can you post a picture to better see. I think I have the same "problem" and would like to compare it to my setup.

Recent Popular Liked

Back