• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Setting mesh is different from 1/8 world

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cAn”t DrIv3 4 sH!t cOol

Reaction score
Ok so I’m originally a 1/8 guy ok cool setting the mesh is really different lol, so listen to this I bought a tekin gen3 4.5 hell yeah cool installed and was ready to set mesh but I set mesh off the spur gear I thought back story hobby homie set up last install so I didn’t pay attention and I took that mf ripped up and down the block then heard snap all motor sound crashed into car broke front shock tower and every damn tooth on the spur had shattered lol I was like wtf then looked at it and was like damn...watched Ryan lutz explaining mesh he was like yeah it has to be little tight then 1/8

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 318
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 302
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 305
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 314
The spur is not perfectly round, basically you want to set the mesh so that the spot which is closest to the pinion is almost touching when compared to the mesh around the rest of the spur. You basically go by feel as you rotate the spur to check your mesh, using a piece of paper to set mesh is not effective with 48P for me.

I never heard of setting tighter mesh for different scales. I been using the paper method but I do it a little differently. I will set mesh by spinning the spur around quite a few times to find the tightest spot withe motor tightened. Once I find the tightest spot and mark with crayon. This mark helps later when spinning the spur again to make sure tour are getting different locations on the spur. I used the paper at the crayon mark but push it together snug but not mashing it. roll paper out. Then check mesh again same way spinning dozens of time to find that sweet ticking sound and try to get even mesh as even as possible all the way around.

The paper method for spacing is too much spacing for the finer pitch gears. You will strip them all the time if spaced that much.

Like Bill said you need to adjust them so that it is close to touching but not. Usually can verify this by being able to move the spur gear a tiny amount without actually moving the pinion. You should hear a slight clicking when you wiggle the spur back and forth when the teeth touch.

Maybe instead of using notebook paper, a store receipt might be thin enough?

The space needs to be almost touching, but not touching, not sure what material can be used to be less than paper thin... ha!

Recent Popular Liked

Back