• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

What setting are you guys running on your truck? throttle brakes and steering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sludog

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
So just came back from my third bashing session with the new MT410 truck. First two sessions one pack 25 minute rides were pretty light and easy just to get a feel for the beast. Today I took the training wheels off and blasted everything in sight for an hour. Man this truck is great. It drives so well composed and sticks to the ground like a buggy on growth hormones. It will wheelie all day if you want to and on 4s batteries! Reminds me of my Arrma Typhon 6s which just flies across the flats when full throttle but this truck does not wander when the terrain gets bumpy like the Arrma does. Steering is a little off to the left due to some needed turnbuckle adjustments so I compensated with steering trim just to keep the session going. I was also adjusting steering endpoints and braking as I went. Only used 4s packs 15 tooth pinion and the motor was barely warm with outside temps around 46F and breezy. Post run check showed everything was tight, no loose screws and differentials buttery smooth along with a clean pinion and spur gears.
My question is what setting are you guys using on your trucks? Would like to see what's the optimal throttle and steering endpoints as well as brake setting. By the end of the session I was at 100 throttle endpoint, 70 on the left and right steering endpoints and 70 braking on my Futaba T4Pm radio. I also have the rear shocks stiffer than the front shocks. I know shock adjustments depend on driving and bashing habits but looking for a happy medium.

So just came back from my third bashing session with the new MT410 truck. First two sessions one pack 25 minute rides were pretty light and easy just to get a feel for the beast. Today I took the training wheels off and blasted everything in sight for an hour. Man this truck is great. It drives so well composed and sticks to the ground like a buggy on growth hormones. It will wheelie all day if you want to and on 4s batteries! Reminds me of my Arrma Typhon 6s which just flies across the flats when full throttle but this truck does not wander when the terrain gets bumpy like the Arrma does. Steering is a little off to the left due to some needed turnbuckle adjustments so I compensated with steering trim just to keep the session going. I was also adjusting steering endpoints and braking as I went. Only used 4s packs 15 tooth pinion and the motor was barely warm with outside temps around 46F and breezy. Post run check showed everything was tight, no loose screws and differentials buttery smooth along with a clean pinion and spur gears.
My question is what setting are you guys using on your trucks? Would like to see what's the optimal throttle and steering endpoints as well as brake setting. By the end of the session I was at 100 throttle endpoint, 70 on the left and right steering endpoints and 70 braking on my Futaba T4Pm radio. I also have the rear shocks stiffer than the front shocks. I know shock adjustments depend on driving and bashing habits but looking for a happy medium.

on my Futaba 3PV radio I have the steering dual rate at 95% and the left and right around 108-110.

Throttle and brake are left at 100% because I like to adjust the brake on my MMX ESC which is set to 50% and max power at 100%. This is on an ET48.3 so an MT410 may benefit from less braking force as they tend to be more responsive in the air.

on my Futaba 3PV radio I have the steering dual rate at 95% and the left and right around 108-110.

Throttle and brake are left at 100% because I like to adjust the brake on my MMX ESC which is set to 50% and max power at 100%. This is on an ET48.3 so an MT410 may benefit from less braking force as they tend to be more responsive in the air.
I had my steering set at 100 when I first went out and it turned on a dime but I was afraid of oversteering on jumps because it was such a big movement. Turned it down to 70 which is not as tight on the ground but easier for me to control in the air. I may try 75-80 steering on the next run. Throttle is set at 100 and the default brake was at 100. Truck at 100 brake was wild in the air but on the ground it was too much grip.
What toy of gearing are you using? Do you change your settings if you move up on down pinion size?

I had my steering set at 100 when I first went out and it turned on a dime but I was afraid of oversteering on jumps because it was such a big movement. Turned it down to 70 which is not as tight on the ground but easier for me to control in the air. I may try 75-80 steering on the next run. Throttle is set at 100 and the default brake was at 100. Truck at 100 brake was wild in the air but on the ground it was too much grip.
What toy of gearing are you using? Do you change your settings if you move up on down pinion size?

I'm running the standard 44t spur and a 17t pinion with a Hobbystar 4082 1600kv motor.

Once I find a gearing setup that runs the speed I want while running within temperature I rarely change the pinion.

I'm running the standard 44t spur and a 17t pinion with a Hobbystar 4082 1600kv motor.

Once I find a gearing setup that runs the speed I want while running within temperature I rarely change the pinion.
Yeah same here. When I try getting fancy with changing pinions around things seem to breakdown on my Arrma's. I started with a 15 tooth pinion and I have a 16 tooth on standby. Since I'm a new to Tekno vehicles I was wasn't sure how these ran and what temperatures I would get. 17t must run like a rocket. Are you running 4s or 6s packs?

Yeah same here. When I try getting fancy with changing pinions around things seem to breakdown on my Arrma's. I started with a 15 tooth pinion and I have a 16 tooth on standby. Since I'm a new to Tekno vehicles I was wasn't sure how these ran and what temperatures I would get. 17t must run like a rocket. Are you running 4s or 6s packs?
It’s pretty fast, it runs around 34-36mph on 4S and 50-52mph on 6S.

I run a couple 4S packs and a couple of 6S packs. The Hobbystar motor needs 6S to come alive, it’s a bit dull on 4S because of the low kv. I’m looking at upgrading it soon to a TP power.

I can't see running this mt410 on 5 or 6s battery. I run a 4s with a 15T, 2200kv and trenchers tires. Can hardly ever find a place to open it up full throttle. Don't need any more torque either, it will do a 360 or more from a standstill and don't need anymore speed either. Do need more skill jumping lol, but I don't understand why anyone would run 6w. Can anyone explain why 6s ?

I have no doubt that the MT410 can handle 6s power but I only run 4s on my truck. I run 6s on my Arrma bashers and its just crazy power but at times uncontrollable. I much prefer the Tekno 4s for more control and I don't feel like I'm giving up that much power and its easier on the wallet when it comes to the repair bill. A mistake at 4s and you can patch things up if needed and keep bashing but a 6s mistake you're done driving for the day.

Recent Popular Liked

Back