• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Servo Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Papi Chingon

Reaction score
I bought and installed the savox 1270 servo. The company I purchased it from included an aluminum servo horn, so at least for now I don't need to worry about it stripping immediatly (it was a bonus added, so it can't be all that good, but better than the plastic ones included in the kit). The savox didn't come with any instructions, but I am now left with a bunch of parts inside the box, like round disk looking things with holes, star shaped things with holes, and a bunch of screws. Do I need any of this? The round disk looking things and star shaped things look like servo horns for different applications, and I think they are all plastic.
Is it possible any of this is a servo saver? Do I need a servo saver?
How tight should the screw be that connects the servo to the horn (center screw), and do I need loctite?
I know these are dumb questions, so sorry in advance.

Last edited:

The savox servos come with all those extra plastic horns and screws for various rc applications.

You just need to mount the servo as the instructions state and either throw those extras in a parts bin or toss them out.

Thanks. The only instructions were the mt410 manual for mounting. The servo came with a diagram for wiring, but nothing else. How tight should that center screw be going from the horn to the top of the servo? Should I use loctite on it?

You want it snug with a little tiny bit of loctite so it will not back off. You dont want to use too much loctite so that you can never get the horn off again though. ;)

Last edited:
You want it snug with a little tiny bit of loctite so it will not back off. You dont want to use too much loctite so that you can never get the horn off again though. ;)
You the man.

Recent Popular Liked

Back