• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Servo Play in Savox

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rfulcher

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. ET48
  3. ET410
  4. MT410
  5. SCT410
Driving Style
Basher
I have a Savox servo SC-1256TG in my EB410.2. I just notices some major play in it. With the power off the servo itself will move a lot, 1/8 to 1/4 back and forth. I have never had one do that. Does that mean the gears are going bad?

I have a Savox servo SC-1256TG in my EB410.2. I just notices some major play in it. With the power off the servo itself will move a lot, 1/8 to 1/4 back and forth. I have never had one do that. Does that mean the gears are going bad?

Yes, as soon as you start to feel slop in the spline, it's a good idea to replace the gears ASAP, just a matter of time before they strip. I don't run Savox servos anymore but I always kept a spare set of gears when I used to run that brand.

Yes, as soon as you start to feel slop in the spline, it's a good idea to replace the gears ASAP, just a matter of time before they strip. I don't run Savox servos anymore but I always kept a spare set of gears when I used to run that brand.
What servos are you running now?

What servos are you running now?

I've bounced around between a dozen or so brands over the years, pretty much every brand has left me disappointed so I won't bother going through the list of bad one's but the following brands have been working well for me:

For the most part, you get what you pay for, and I've found out the hard way that spending a little more up front would've saved me more money in the long run, long story here:
NitroPro offers the best warranty in the industry and SRT offers the second best warranty, I don't think there is a warranty for Trinity products since they were recently bought out by Horizon (known for having the worst customer support in the industry). I used to be a team driver with Trinity which is why I was running their servos but I no longer support the brand since the buyout from Horizon. Doesn't change the fact that none of their servos have failed on me yet ;)

Recent Popular Liked

Back