• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

SCT410SL - Weights on Rear End

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. SCT410
Driving Style
Racer
I ran the car yesterday in low grip and medium grip conditions based on the setup I posted. In medium grip, I topped the time sheets, and the SCT rotated really well. As things dried out, the truck did start getting a lot looser. To calm the nose dive on jumps and make the car lazier in loose conditions, I'm looking to add weights to the rear (a few guys at my club are already doing it). Trying thicker front sway bars seemed to just make the car slower and removing the rear sway bars didn't seem to help much.

Does anyone know if the Exotek weight kit #1807 (https://www.exotekracing.com/eb410-rear-brass-weight-set-40gr-8-8/) will work on the SCT410SL? Also, has anyone tried the Tekno brass weights (TKR9078) on the SCT410SL?

Glad to see someone not caring too much about having the lightest setup...😁. I like my rides (gals :unsure:😁🤫) having a little bit of extra weight in the right areas as well.
1693237200810.png

1693237260451.png

1693237335520.png

I've raced with John Bernard out on the East Coast, he's a regional team manager for TEKNO and is a stupid fast driver... if you can get a copy of his setup, I would start there.

I find it ironic how TEKNO did everything they could shave weight off the SCT410.3 only to create something that's too light, ha!

^^ Thanks guys! If the weight can help tame the rear end, I'm sure any loss in time in a straight line (doubt they'll be any) will be made up in the corners. She's gonna be one quick gal! :p

^I'm not sold on those bulkheads yet as I haven't had any bulkhead failures (knock on wood). I'm curious to see if these parts will lead to premature diff wear.

I also wish they'd make them in Tekno blue!

I used to own both the EB410.1 and ET410.1 and both cars were prone to breaking the bulkheads, even after they were upgraded with .2 parts. I've seen locals snap the bulkheads on the SCT410SL already which has turned me away from the class. Just need to see more locals commit to the class and then I'll join the group :)

I don't mind paying more for an aluminum bulkhead, but I've broke enough to know better which is part of the reason why I ditched 1/10 TEKNO cars in the first place.

Recent Popular Liked

Back