• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

410.3 Sct410.3 pinion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teknojim23

Reaction score
I bought a used sct410.3 with a mamba x and a pro 4 4600kv in it. I raced it a few weeks back with the pinion that was in it (15t) and the speed control was blinking overheat after a race. The motor was pretty cool. It is a big track with long straights. Someone told me it was probably under geared. I'm wondering should I go up to just a 16 or would a 17t be better? A guy I know is running a 17t and it's perfect for him but he has the pro 4 HD 4300 so wondered if the 17 would be too high for my motor?

Last edited:
A couple of things I would start with would be first make sure the esc fan is working. One of the things I don't like about Castle esc's is fan control is temperature based. I extend the fan wire to an open channel on the receiver so it runs whenever the esc is powered up. I want to say the stock esc fan control comes on at 140*F and if it's hot outside that's too late to control the temperature. With their Castle Link and a pc or tablet you can look at data logs and change settings if the issue is in the esc set up.

Thanks ...what wire would allow me to plug fan into receiver. Would a plain servo extension wire work? Or will the castle link allow me to run continuous by changing setting?

The fan will have two wires so extend both. A servo extension will work fine just using the black and red wires. There's not anything in Castle Link to control the fan unless it's in a newer firmware.

Recent Popular Liked

Back