• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Max pinion for a SCT410.1?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry-rigged

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. SCT410
Driving Style
Basher
Howdy gang -

TLDR: what is the max pinion that will fit in the SCT410(.1)?

Currently, my SCT410 has a Tekin Pro4 4600kv motor, 15t pinon, that I mostly run on 2s, as a basher. For track, with proper SCT tires, speed and temps are great. For bashing, with 2.2MT tires (badlands, not MX) the motor runs hot, 170f, and speed is a bit slower than I would like for bashing.

So, I am thinking of picking up a Castle 1415 2400kv to run on 3s. But with about half the KV, even with the added voltage, I feel I would need about 20T to have similar speed, and maybe 23t-25t to hit my target speed (or 4s). Looking at the mount, I feel a 20T would probably fit, but what if I need to go bigger?

For speed goals, I am looking at 45mph-ish on grass. My Arrma Granite runs about this fast (before tire ballooning gets out of control) and on grass, that is plenty of speed.

Will this work? Or should I wait for the new 1412 3200kv to come back in stock?

I'm currently running 2000kv on 22t on 4s on my 410.3 A 23t would definitely fit, 24t/25t might be pushing it. YMMV

Welp, looks like I will be moving to a 3800kv 3660 for now...

I did buying a Copperhead/1412-3200kv combo, but it looks like all the Copperhead motors have 1/8" shafts. I worry about rocks/sticks in the gears breaking it in an open gear truck like the SCT410, so I will put the new motor in my Granite, and move my Granite's MambaX/china motor combo to the Tekno. That 3800kv on 3s is too much power for the Granite, but hopefully it will work out OK in the Tekno. Gearing should not be an issue, I suspect I will only need to move a few teeth to make it work like I want.

Howdy gang -

TLDR: what is the max pinion that will fit in the SCT410(.1)?

Currently, my SCT410 has a Tekin Pro4 4600kv motor, 15t pinon, that I mostly run on 2s, as a basher. For track, with proper SCT tires, speed and temps are great. For bashing, with 2.2MT tires (badlands, not MX) the motor runs hot, 170f, and speed is a bit slower than I would like for bashing.

So, I am thinking of picking up a Castle 1415 2400kv to run on 3s. But with about half the KV, even with the added voltage, I feel I would need about 20T to have similar speed, and maybe 23t-25t to hit my target speed (or 4s). Looking at the mount, I feel a 20T would probably fit, but what if I need to go bigger?

For speed goals, I am looking at 45mph-ish on grass. My Arrma Granite runs about this fast (before tire ballooning gets out of control) and on grass, that is plenty of speed.

Will this work? Or should I wait for the new 1412 3200kv to come back in stock?

WHAT SIZE SPUR GEAR ARE YOU USING, 44T?? IF SMALLER WHAT IS THE NUMBER?

WHAT SIZE SPUR GEAR ARE YOU USING, 44T?? IF SMALLER WHAT IS THE NUMBER?
Not 100% sure. I am assuming it is the stock SCT410 gear - white nylon or some kind of plastic. I bought the truck 2nd hand, and the rest of the truck looks stock. The spur is smaller than the 50T gears on my Arrmas, but bigger than the 38t on my speed Typhon, so 44T sounds likely.

Yes the standard spur gear is 44T. apparently there are no smaller teeth spur gears available for this truck. Go get more speed bought a new Tekin 3500 KV Pro4 and a 3S battery. Running a 14T pinion should give me 55 mph.

Looks great. See attached info. Finally figured it out. This is a spreadsheet that allows he user to put in the motor rpm, wheel diameter, spur gear and pinion gear, based on the trans ratio of the 410.3, will calculate the speed (mph) of the setup.

Attachments

• IMG_5740.JPG
    IMG_5740.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_5739.JPG
    IMG_5739.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 182
I can forward the .ods file and you will be able to enter motor rpm (based on KV times battery voltage) tire dia, pinion gear. This will calculate the speed at the battery voltage.

Recent Popular Liked

Back