• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

SCT410.3 discontinued?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hector_Fisher

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
  2. SCT410
This breaks my heart... :(
Screenshot_20230422_130818.jpg

For the price, I don't think anything came near to be as capable of a 4s basher. Maybe they'll replace it with a .4 version. But I expect it to be more expensive, just like the SL. Apparently no one bought the .3 enough to keep it on the market. And I was just pricing out to make another and turn it MT....

I saw a claim that someone spoke to someone at Tekno and there is a replacement for the 410.3 coming soon. No details other than it would be "soon".

I feel like the new 410SL is the replacement for the SCT410.3. Tekno is foremost a racing company, and it makes sense that SL version would be more appealing to racers. I have no desire to get the SL. I currently have an ET410.2 and just finished building my second SCT410.3. I'm just glad I got another one before they are sold out! Now if they would only update the MT410...

The SL isn't a replacement for the 410.3, they've said so already. People are finding the SL is no replacement for the .3 and more suited for indoor carpet or clay with it's smaller size and lower weight. The .3 is more suited for the 1/8 scale size tracks that are rougher like a typical outdoor track.

I kinda wish I had gotten another .3 while they were on sale but now I'm ready to see what they replace it with.

The SL isn't a replacement for the 410.3, they've said so already. People are finding the SL is no replacement for the .3 and more suited for indoor carpet or clay with it's smaller size and lower weight. The .3 is more suited for the 1/8 scale size tracks that are rougher like a typical outdoor track.

I kinda wish I had gotten another .3 while they were on sale but now I'm ready to see what they replace it with.
Agreed. I am wishing I would have hit that "buy now" button a few weeks ago when there was still availability. My only complaint is that I know any newer version will be more expensive. But from a bashing perspective, I didn't find anything the .3 was lacking. So for me, all I see on a ".4" would just be an increased price.

Progress I suppose? The 410.3 has been around for quite some time. For unofficial racing and bashing, it's flat out awesome I think. However, to keep up in the racing world, I suppose it's time for something new. I have heard folks say the Losi is a better racer, just here say, as I don't follow. If that's true though, then it makes sense that they would come up with something to be more competitive since they are a racing company.

I feel like the new 410SL is the replacement for the SCT410.3. Tekno is foremost a racing company, and it makes sense that SL version would be more appealing to racers. I have no desire to get the SL. I currently have an ET410.2 and just finished building my second SCT410.3. I'm just glad I got another one before they are sold out! Now if they would only update the MT410...
1682286779742.png

I had to laugh a bit as the description on Tekno's site changed from when I first saw it. Was it like that at initial release of the SCT410SL? I don't remember. I swear there was no mention of the SL not being a replacement, but so many were asking about the uncertainty of the SCT410.3, and the description then changed?

In any case, there was nothing said about how long the two SCTs would be sold side by side. A month, month and a half, almost two months of having the choice... 🤯🧐👎 . I had seen, maybe a week ago 4/18, Horizon/Tower Hobbies expecting stock of the SCT410.3 in April, then someone else seen expected stock dates of July. Next day... discontinued 😳🤕.

Last edited:
View attachment 9342
I had to laugh a bit as the description on Tekno's site changed from when I first saw it. Was it like that at initial release of the SCT410SL? I don't remember. I swear there was no mention of the SL not being a replacement, but so many were asking about the uncertainty of the SCT410.3, and the description then changed?

In any case, there was nothing said about how long the two SCTs would be sold side by side. A month of having the choice... 🤯🧐👎 . I had seen, maybe a week ago 4/18, Horizon/Tower Hobbies expecting stock of the SCT410.3 in April, then someone else seen expected stock dates of July. Next day... discontinued 😳🤕.
I was under the same impression.. I coulda swore when the SL was announced, it was the "evolution " of the SCT..well, all we can do is hope that Tekno changes their minds and gives us (bashers) a suitable alternative to the 410.3.
From what I have heard of the ET410, I won't be buying anything based off that. I'm a basher essentially, the ET410 is a dedicated racer with an emphasis on lightweight and tunability, as such, I've no doubt it's a very capable machine, but it sounds a bit fragile though for my use.

I guess it's inevitable that you'll get model change outs. I think i'm just disappointed because I thought the 410.3 was the "total" package, and when you applied the tower or amain coupon codes it was a killer price too.

If i had to guess on changes for a new revision, what would you expect? Lighter? Stronger? More tunable? Definitely more expensive!

@Nicochau, if they did do a 2.0 update, what would you anticipate to change from the current version? (i'm not the most familiar with the 2.0 changes tbh)

I was under the same impression.. I coulda swore when the SL was announced, it was the "evolution " of the SCT..well, all we can do is hope that Tekno changes their minds and gives us (bashers) a suitable alternative to the 410.3.
From what I have heard of the ET410, I won't be buying anything based off that. I'm a basher essentially, the ET410 is a dedicated racer with an emphasis on lightweight and tunability, as such, I've no doubt it's a very capable machine, but it sounds a bit fragile though for my use.
I know I've said it before, but everybody's "bashin'" practices are different. Because the ET410 has been one of my "bashin'" RCs with low yearly maintenance costs, the SCT410SL has come to "bash" central PA with open arms :).
IMG_20230423_163911786_HDR.jpg
It won't replacing my SCT410.3 platform... I just like 4wd RCs, and love short course trucks in general. I bought the SCT410.3 specifically for it's heftiness to run over the rough stuff with meaning 💪:cool:💪.

I guess it's inevitable that you'll get model change outs. I think i'm just disappointed because I thought the 410.3 was the "total" package, and when you applied the tower or amain coupon codes it was a killer price too.

If i had to guess on changes for a new revision, what would you expect? Lighter? Stronger? More tunable? Definitely more expensive!

@Nicochau, if they did do a 2.0 update, what would you anticipate to change from the current version? (i'm not the most familiar with the 2.0 changes tbh)
If indeed a 2.0 is around the corner, I vision it being just that... an EB48 2.0 based platform with 1/10 scale driveline just like the SCT410.3 had. I can't see it being anything else now that the SL is out. I held off getting the SCT410.3 for so long because I didn't like dealing with taking front and rear apart to work on diffs. Easy access diff designs are very welcome here 👈👆👉👇👋.

I'm not giving up hope on the continuation of the .3 just yet :cool:🧐.

If indeed a 2.0 is around the corner, I vision it being just that... an EB48 2.0 based platform with 1/10 scale driveline just like the SCT410.3 had. I can't see it being anything else now that the SL is out. I held off getting the SCT410.3 for so long because I didn't like dealing with taking front and rear apart to work on diffs. Easy access diff designs are very welcome here 👈👆👉👇👋.

I'm not giving up hope on the continuation of the .3 just yet :cool:🧐.
Fair enough. Can't argue with results. I agree, we all use them differently too. So, is the SL easier to service diffs on? I haven't had to open a diff on the 410.3 since I built it, or MT410 for that matter, and honestly, unless it gives me trouble I won't. The 410.3 has been flawless since I built it, one broken A block from a direct tree strike and that's it..
I "bash" on a track mostly.. it's pretty rough but, it's on my property, which makes it the best track ever IMO!! 😉😁👌

It was at least 7 times last year, but I lost count of how many times Fierce RC was out of stock on the SCT410.3 during the past 20 or so months. Once I see Fierce Pete put the big "DISCONTINUED" label on SCT410.3, then I'll believe it.

Fair enough. Can't argue with results. I agree, we all use them differently too. So, is the SL easier to service diffs on? I haven't had to open a diff on the 410.3 since I built it, or MT410 for that matter, and honestly, unless it gives me trouble I won't. The 410.3 has been flawless since I built it, one broken A block from a direct tree strike and that's it..
I "bash" on a track mostly.. it's pretty rough but, it's on my property, which makes it the best track ever IMO!! 😉😁👌
I run my RCs on a very rough backyard track as well. The dust will play havoc with bearings. During the middle of summer, hanging everything all out in the corners will almost guarantee handfuls of dirt thrown at exposed bearings. I check bearings every 12 runs and clean/relube as needed. All depends on time of year and track conditions. I try to prevent blown bearings as much as possible. It's the price I pay for being able to play in backyard and not watering down the track. . Having easy access diffs means so much to me.

I run my RCs on a very rough backyard track as well. The dust will play havoc with bearings. During the middle of summer, hanging everything all out in the corners will almost guarantee handfuls of dirt thrown at exposed bearings. I check bearings every 12 runs and clean/relube as needed. All depends on time of year and track conditions. I try to prevent blown bearings as much as possible. It's the price I pay for being able to play in backyard and not watering down the track. . Having easy access diffs means so much to me.
I hear ya, I water it down on the driest of days, for dust control, traction and bearing life. I'm on a well for water, but, we've never had any shortages of water, I'm pretty much surrounded by it.. with regards to bearings,I generally run em till they get crunchy, then toss em for new ones.
I have bought from Fierce RC, super service. No complaints here!👍

Curtain call..😔

The 2.0 update of the SCT is fairly unlikely given that 1/8 SCT is not a thing in the racing world.

But if Tekno were to go that route, i would expect the EB48 2.1 chassis, tunability and ease of use.

Recent Popular Liked

Back