• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Same size tire?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markbc

Reaction score
Just finishing my building of the EB48. The young guy at the RC shop said I needed thinner tires up front and sold me a set of wider tires for the rear And thinner one for the front even though I thought that was wrong. I’m a noob to these vehicles I’ve only ran RTR Traxxas. Is everyone running the same size tires all the way around?

thanks

Just finishing my building of the EB48. The young guy at the RC shop said I needed thinner tires up front and sold me a set of wider tires for the rear And thinner one for the front even though I thought that was wrong. I’m a noob to these vehicles I’ve only ran RTR Traxxas. Is everyone running the same size tires all the way around?

thanks

[/QUOT

Your eb48 is a 1/8 scale and will run all the same size tires

A eb410 is a 1/10 scale and will run smaller tires in the front

1/8 buggies use the same wheels front and back. 1/10 scale does run thinner wheels in front than back.

What wheels did he sell you? I dont even know what he would have offered as a thinner front wheel option on a 1/8 buggy?

I recently attended a webinar race clinic hosted by AKA, and they discussed various tire strategies by running tighter gap pin on the front and wider gap pin on the rear as a tuning option to help your buggy drive more stable. I think the guy at the shop was talking about a wider gap between the pins, look at Joey Bourdon's winning setup here:
https://www.raceakablog.com/post/wi...mail&cid=22220972-7f75-4b43-8504-2b9c60b7f534

Capture.JPG

Thank for the reply’s. This is what he sold me
551CD621-F493-4978-88E8-0AA4C0B316B9.jpeg
i
I think I’ll get a set of badlands until I get the vehicle all tuned and my skills up. Unless someone has some other recommendation.

Last edited:
He sold you tires for a 1/10 2WD Buggy setup, he also mix matched the compound with soft for the rear which is good, but super soft for the front which will tend to get more grip and be more likely to spin out.

I guess the next question is what conditions will you be driving on?

Badlands are not that great of a tire :(

Since you are new, I would consider buying pre-mounts.

For speed runs on the street, I would go with a GT8 tire, my favorite are the Sweep EXP50 belted radials:
https://www.sweepracingusa.com/8th-...pc-tire-set-with-Pre-Glued-options_p_266.html

For loose dirt/grass, the AKA Impact is a very good performing general purpose tires that will give very good performance:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/aka-im...medium-long-wear-aka14007zrw/p378823?v=450486

Go with the Medium Long Wear if you will run on hard rock/gravel

Go with Super Soft Long Wear if you will run on loose dirt/grass
https://www.amainhobbies.com/aka-im...r-soft-long-wear-aka14007qrw/p378823?v=539240

Ok, thanks for the tire info. It getting a little confusing with all the choses.

Wheel and tire choices should strictly be based upon where you plan on running your rig. If you arent going to take it to a track and will just have fun around the house or at parks with time split between pavement, dirt, grass etc, then you will want a completely different setup than if you are just racing on a track. I do both with quite a few different 1/8 and 1/10 rigs which gets pricey because there are always a few sets for each car that only get used at the track, then I've pretty much done similar things with all my rigs and I have a set of mostly street tires, a set of all terrain type that do decent off road but at the same time wont wear out quickly if i use them on the street, then Ill have a set of Badlands or the cheaper Duratrax version. For parkinglotd Ive recently picked up a few different sets of the Duratrax Bandito premounts for my ET410.2 and 22T 4.0, and I also have a couple sets that I use on my 1/10 4wd buggies for parking lot fun. Again, if we knew where you planned on running your car, and if its a eb48 or eb410, you could get more info from us.

Recent Popular Liked

Back