• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Pre-build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slogrits

Reaction score
Driving Style
Basher
I am planning to build a mt-410 and would like any upgrade suggestions. I have a Arrma Kraton that I have learned to drive pretty aggressively but, I break something every time I go out mainly wing mounts.:mad: I break only steering turnbuckles and pinions from big airs. I break a arms shocktowers, wing mounts and parts of gear boxes from traction rolls, somersaults, and small 2ft jumps. Is the my410 that much tougher?
Live in North Carolina so everything must be waterproof. So looking at a castle system 1800kv or 2200kv.
I would like to go bigger with airtime is the mt 410 the right direction? I like that it doesn’t have a wing no worries there. What are the basic upgrades to be done for what I am trying to accomplish? Uploaded a video -

The Tekno's are tanks. All of them. Bumpers and body mounts are the weakest points on the MT410. T-Bone makes bumpers, and there's DIY body post upgrades out there too. The MT410 is similar to the Outcast but does what the Outcast does on 6S with 4S.:)

I personally put all the M2C Racing aluminum braces on right off because I run it hard. I always do the aluminum center diff mount, aluminum servo horn, and steel spur also, but spur and diff mount is not absolutely needed.

If you want something like the Kraton I'd buy an ET48.3 kit and put MT wheels & tires on it with the Tekno +2mm hexes or the Associated ones for clearance. The ET handles, the MT410 is a stunt truck. I have some videos on here in the gallery, or check my YT channel. You'll see what I mean.

If you need completely waterproof you'll need to conformal coat a RX or buy a radio system with a waterproof RX. The RX box is not water tight. Or dust proof for that matter.

The Tekno's are tanks. All of them. Bumpers and body mounts are the weakest points on the MT410. T-Bone makes bumpers, and there's DIY body post upgrades out there too. The MT410 is similar to the Outcast but does what the Outcast does on 6S with 4S.:)

I personally put all the M2C Racing aluminum braces on right off because I run it hard. I always do the aluminum center diff mount, aluminum servo horn, and steel spur also, but spur and diff mount is not absolutely needed.

If you want something like the Kraton I'd buy an ET48.3 kit and put MT wheels & tires on it with the Tekno +2mm hexes or the Associated ones for clearance. The ET handles, the MT410 is a stunt truck. I have some videos on here in the gallery, or check my YT channel. You'll see what I mean.

If you need completely waterproof you'll need to conformal coat a RX or buy a radio system with a waterproof RX. The RX box is not water tight. Or dust proof for that matter.
Thanks,
I like the idea of a stunt truck, it would be a little different than the Kraton. Didn’t know the RX box wasn’t waterproof good to know. I will update what I decide to do. Any advice on motors? Going crazy trying to educate myself.

It's not really the place here but I'm quite happy now with my Arrma Kraton
I've done quite a lot of things but it's bullet proof now, here the list:
  • Shimming the diffs inside and outside
  • Carbon shock tower
  • Rpm A-arms, wing mounts and front Bumper
  • Hot Racing chassis braces and servo mount and center diff mount
  • Tekno shocks
  • T-Bone rear bumper
  • Turnbuckle from the chassis at the rear to the wing mount to reinforce the wing mount
  • Power HD 23kg servo
  • Carbon bellcrank
  • Fast Eddy bearings
  • Original electronic with hobbywing fan for the motor and 14t pinion on 6s and 4s
For the input shaft cup I will go next time with the Tekno ones, they fit on it and seems stronger

Since all this improvement the car is very solid

-Shimming the diffs inside and outside
-Carbon shock tower
-Rpm A-arms, wing mounts and front Bumper
-Hot Racing chassis braces and servo mount and center diff mount
-Tekno shocks
-T-Bone rear bumper
-Turnbuckle from the chassis at the rear to the wing mount to reinforce the wing mount
-Power HD 23kg servo
-Carbon bellcrank
-Fast Eddy berrings
-Original electronic with hobbywing fan for the motor and 14t pinion on 6s and 4s
For the input shaft cup I will go next time with the Tekno ones, they fit on it and seems stronger

Yea I still love the Kraton, not getting rid of it. I have done similar upgrades. RPM A-arms, voltage hobbies shock towers, savox servo w /hot racing servo mount, backflip wheels, yeah racing heat sync and fans, fast eddies and more. Still would be nice to build another RC and if it is 10% more durable it would be worth it. I would use the Tekno for big jumps. Thanks for the advice I will do the chassis brace next.

Thanks,
I like the idea of a stunt truck, it would be a little different than the Kraton. Didn’t know the RX box wasn’t waterproof good to know. I will update what I decide to do. Any advice on motors? Going crazy trying to educate myself.

Being as the Teknos are limited in gearing options I'd go 1700KV-1800KV in a 4274 sized can. Have a 1700KV Hobbystar 4274 coming. i have ran a 2200KV in both my ET and MT but it gets border line too warm in the peak of summer. Bit lower KV should offer up some wiggle room in the gearing selection. I primarily run 4S, but like having the option to throw a 6S at it as well. Heat wasn't really an issue with the 2200KV motor on 6S cuz I could barely touch the throttle:p

Can anyone explain the difference in shock caps: emulsion, vented or non-vented.

Emulsion mixes oil with air, no bladder.
Vented has a screw on the cap.
Non-vented is the standard with only a bleed hole on the side of the cap. Best for bashing?

I might be wrong so please correct me.

That's correct.

There's a good explanation in this guide on the shock builds. Page 7. As well as other things.
@WoodiE feel free to sticky this guide if you haven't already.

Attachments

• Tekno Setup Guide.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 609
Last edited:
That's correct.

There's a good explanation in this guide on the shock builds. Page 7. As well as other things.
Thanks,
Going with standard non-vented. I like how it says on the emulsion style “This method...”

Thanks,
Going with standard non-vented. I like how it says on the emulsion style “This method...”

Yeah I don't know what happened there.:ROFLMAO: It's like they got tired of typing.... I only build by the emulsion method now. A much easier shock to build consistently and with zero rebound.

• Shimming the diffs inside and outside
  • Carbon shock tower
  • Rpm A-arms, wing mounts and front Bumper
  • Hot Racing chassis braces and servo mount and center diff mount
  • Tekno shocks
  • T-Bone rear bumper
  • Turnbuckle from the chassis at the rear to the wing mount to reinforce the wing mount
  • Power HD 23kg servo
  • Carbon bellcrank
  • Fast Eddy bearings
  • Original electronic with hobbywing fan for the motor and 14t pinion on 6s and 4s

Warped my chassis this weekend. I ordered the voltage hobbies rear brace hope it helps. I hit a rock coming off a hill and it hit right where the chassis tapers.

My Dad beat me to it and pulled the trigger on a mt410. It will be here in a week. This will probably answere some questions and add a few.

Yes, I did beat Slogrits to the punch in actually purchasing a MT 410 kit. I get almost as much fun working on RCs as I do running them. I know I will have questions once I start build.
For now, I’m learning a good deal from this forum and the Arrma forum. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and your thoughts.
Slogrits, jump in the waters warm.

Yes, I did beat Slogrits to the punch in actually purchasing a MT 410 kit. I get almost as much fun working on RCs as I do running them. I know I will have questions once I start build.
For now, I’m learning a good deal from this forum and the Arrma forum. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and your thoughts.
Slogrits, jump in the waters warm.
Awesome purchase they are fun and pretty simple to build !

I am planning to build a mt-410 and would like any upgrade suggestions. I have a Arrma Kraton that I have learned to drive pretty aggressively but, I break something every time I go out mainly wing mounts.:mad: I break only steering turnbuckles and pinions from big airs. I break a arms shocktowers, wing mounts and parts of gear boxes from traction rolls, somersaults, and small 2ft jumps. Is the my410 that much tougher?
Live in North Carolina so everything must be waterproof. So looking at a castle system 1800kv or 2200kv.
I would like to go bigger with airtime is the mt 410 the right direction? I like that it doesn’t have a wing no worries there. What are the basic upgrades to be done for what I am trying to accomplish? Uploaded a video Here.[/QUOTE

Here is my start. Going backwards parts then kit.

Attachments

• 952A2F77-6061-406C-AB05-25CA34EB5CCE.jpeg
    952A2F77-6061-406C-AB05-25CA34EB5CCE.jpeg
    131.6 KB · Views: 407
That's correct.

Thank you sir for reminding me of this, I've added it to each of the models Manual and Setup Sheets threads.

I have pulled the trigger. I have finished collecting upgrade parts and have purchased my MT410. It is back ordered so it will not be here for a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

Recent Popular Liked

Back