• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Poppy’s MT410

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slogrits

Reaction score
Driving Style
Basher
My dad completed his mt410. Futaba 3PV and castle 1515 2200kv + MMX. After many repeats at setting up the ESC and transmitter. It will fly in reverse. It can do double standing backflips in reverse (or is that a double standing front flip):sneaky:. Going forward maybe one third of the speed of his outcast on 4s.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

48BE1B58-5050-4B8E-A3DC-8F937D487467.jpeg

Did you calibrate the end points on the ESC? If so check your LED on the ESC. In neutral it should be yellow. In Forward green and reverse red. If not your ESC is not calibrated properly. In Futaba radios with Castle ESC's the throttle channel(ch 2 ) has to be reversed to properly calibrate it. Sounds to me as that's what's going on as the default settings in the ESC for reverse is 50%. Reverse the throttle channel and recalibrate the end points.

We calibrated the end points and throttle channel is reversed. We wil try and reset everything and try again tomorrow.

Make sure end points and dual rate for channel 2 are set to 100% as well in the transmitter settings before calibrating again. It's most often something simple. Do you have a Castle link to go into the ESC settings just to make sure something isn't out of whack in the ESC parameters?

Can you flip forward and reverse on your transmitter? I had to do this when setting up my MMX. Kinda had the same deal, I also swapped two of the motor wires.

Can you flip forward and reverse on your transmitter? I had to do this when setting up my MMX. Kinda had the same deal, I also swapped two of the motor wires.
Yes it has to be in reverse on the transmitter

Make sure end points and dual rate for channel 2 are set to 100% as well in the transmitter settings before calibrating again. It's most often something simple. Do you have a Castle link to go into the ESC settings just to make sure something isn't out of whack in the ESC parameters?
We were thinking about getting a castle link. It might not be a bad idea.

He set it to 120 forward and set it to 40 in reverse just so he could drive it around. Otherwise it would front flip every time he hit the brakes.

Which wires did you flip? (ABC)

It sounds like ESC settings to me.
You don't need the link for the adjustments, just look at your manual. You can navigate and change the settings based on the corresponding blinks LED and tones. Not sure why it would be faster in reverse than forward unless its an ESC setting thing also.

Is it used, it may be in crawler reverse if its a used ESC? That setting allows you to go from forward to reverse and back without some sort of delay between. That may explain the flips when breaking?

Just throwing ideas out there!

Sorry, I didn’t see your question when I read it in email form. I switched B and C.

It sounds like ESC settings to me.
You don't need the link for the adjustments, just look at your manual. You can navigate and change the settings based on the corresponding blinks LED and tones. Not sure why it would be faster in reverse than forward unless its an ESC setting thing also.

Is it used, it may be in crawler reverse if its a used ESC? That setting allows you to go from forward to reverse and back without some sort of delay between. That may explain the flips when breaking?

Just throwing ideas out there!
New out of the box. After setup no brakes, straight to reverse. We set the brakes on the transmitter. He is completely setting everything back to factory and restarting the setup process.

My dad completed his mt410. Futaba 3PV and castle 1515 2200kv + MMX. After many repeats at setting up the ESC and transmitter. It will fly in reverse. It can do double standing backflips in reverse (or is that a double standing front flip):sneaky:. Going forward maybe one third of the speed of his outcast on 4s.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I got the same problem. this is the solution
reverse.jpg

New out of the box. After setup no brakes, straight to reverse. We set the brakes on the transmitter. He is completely setting everything back to factory and restarting the setup process.

Straight to reverse is the crawler setting. You can also reverse the rotation of the motor via settings.

Start back at factory setting and go from there. Make sure when calibrating your transmitter to the esc you set everything back to 100%

Problem solved called castle. Solution was to switch any of the three wires coming off the motor.

Problem solved called castle. Solution was to switch any of the three wires coming off the motor.
The ESC was set at 50% power previously.

For whatever reason I had to do the same thing. I had it on a car stand with the wheels off working on it about 1:00 in the morning on the desk in the living room, my wife asleep on the couch and i turned it on to do the throttle calibration and it went full bore 100% in reverse. Was REALLY loud and scared the crap out of me and I turned it off with a quickness. My wife jumps up and yells all freaked out, WHAT WAS THAT?! ARE YOU OK?!! Lol yeah it was loud. I’m lucky it wasn’t on the ground with the wheels on or it would have went the through the wall lol

Glad you guys got it sorted:)

Nice!!:cool: Glad you guys are enjoying the new rig.

I’m surprised you didn’t have diff issues before sorting this out. My mt410 doesn’t like the backflip tire in hard driving conditions.

Recent Popular Liked

Back