• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Pit bag recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Escobear

Reaction score
I have been thinking about getting an mt410 but after seeing the db48 conversions i am thinking about getting an sct410.3 as i can convert it if i want to but also race it at one of the several rc tracks here in chicago.

what pit bag do you recommend for the tekno sct410 truck?

I’m using a Wingtote WGT418 that is like the ProLine. I can verify that an eb48 fits in the top shelf without removing anything.

Over 4 years ago, I purchased a Husky 22-inch Rolling Pro Tool Tote from Home Depot for my RC tools. I STILL really love it! Shortly after purchase, I wrote the following review in the RCCrawler forum. Chances are, some of you who've been around a while have seen that. However, many others may not have, so I'm re-posting it here since the OP asked for our opinions!

NOTE: At the time I wrote the review, I was working away from home a lot, so I purchased specifically for that. I made sure it fit in the trunk of my car and it became my transport bag. Once I arrived in a hotel room, I could remove the separate bags that I had packed into it. That worked very well for me. Now I use it as a pit bag. It remains permanently packed with a select set of tools so I don't have to re-pack it every time I go out.

--------------------------------------

I hope this review will be useful to a few people on the forum. Please note: Although the “Husky” logo appears prominently in many of the pictures, I am not affiliated with Husky or Home Depot. I’m just an average RC enthusiast sharing my honest opinion. It won’t offend me if your opinion differs!

When I first got into RC trucks, I started keeping my charger, batteries, parts and tools in an old SKB 61-Note Roto-Molded Electronic keyboard case.

SKB 1SKB-R4215W Roto Molded 61-Note Keyboard Case Black | Musician's Friend

I had purchased that case (used) to hold a 500-series helicopter which I no longer have. It’s a great case. Tough as nails. It even has wheels at one end. However, it’s one BIG downfall is that it’s, well, BIG! It is so long that it won’t fit in the trunk of my car. It will fit across the back seat of my car, but that’s not always optimal. It is also very awkward to lift when it’s full of stuff.

In my quest to find a better portable case for my RC stuff, I began looking for another hard case. I actually had in mind the Stanley FatMax 020800R 4-in-1 Rolling Work Station.

STANLEY Hand Tools :* 020800R *-*

In pictures, the 020800R FatMax looked like it might be perfect for chargers and larger items in the bottom, plus parts, tools and batteries in the upper sections. However, it had to be able to fit in the trunk of my car without laying down. I measured my trunk height, then went to the store and measured it. No luck. It’s too tall.

I had not even thought of a soft-sided tote until I was walking through Home Depot and saw one on display. I was pretty impressed. It was a bit expensive at $129, but I bought it on impulse (Hi, my name is Michael and I have a tool addiction…).

Husky 22 in. Rolling Pro Tool Tote-GP-44449N13 at The Home Depot

This 22-inch Rolling Pro Tool Tote is the largest soft-sided tote that Home Depot sells. Luckily for me, it JUST fits standing up in the trunk of my car. For a soft-sided case, it is seriously beefy and well made with a heavily reinforced bottom and back and a very strong extendable handle. When full of parts and tools, this tote is pretty heavy. However, the two strong straps across the top make lifting it into the car much easier than trying to manipulate that seriously long SKB box that I have. It also has very strong lifting straps on either side.

This 22-inch Rolling Tote has THREE wheels across the bottom. They are solid wheels with good bearings. The fully loaded tote handles a heavy load without any problem and rolls easily on reasonably flat surfaces and lawns. It is not for off road walking expeditions over rough surfaces, but that’s not why I bought it. For me, it’s a base station. My job takes me away from home quite a bit. I take my crawlers with me. That’s why it was important to me to have a tool-box capable of fitting into the trunk of my car. When I stay in hotels, the tote goes with me into the room so I can work on the crawlers in the evening when I’m not running them.

I had an interesting experience in practical use of the three wheels: Besides holding extra weight, I wasn’t sure what the purpose was for having three wheels. However, I was recently pulling this tote along the sidewalk to my hotel when I had to move over for some people walking the other way. One side of the tote went over the edge of the sidewalk. I braced myself for the expected drag, but it never happened. Even with one wheel hanging in the air, the other two wheels on the sidewalk kept the tote upright and rolling easily. I don’t know if Husky had that in mind when they installed three wheels, but I like it!

I especially like the many, MANY pockets on this tote. I use the outside pockets for things I want access to the most such as my batteries and one of my chargers. The various sized inner pockets are great for my voltage tester, hand-tool kits, lights, spare parts, wire, tape, glue, etc. The numerous mini-pockets and straps across the inner back wall are perfect for my various individual hand tools such as pliers, vice grips, wire strippers, side cutters, clamps and so on. There are even two small zippered web pouches on the inside top flaps where I keep my extra charger adapters and the CellLog battery tester that I use all the time. They are safe there, but quickly accessible.

Finally, the large space in the middle of the tote works well for things like my second battery charger and power supply, electric drill and driver, heat gun, soldering station, my rolled up Cow Pad, etc. You could also fit a smaller 1/10 scale or a 1/16 scale crawler in there.

The closest soft-sided tote that I could find in comparison is the Klein Tools Tradesman Pro Organizer:

Tradesman Pro Organizer Rolling Tool Bag - 55452RTB | Klein Tools

It is a also a very well-built tool tote and has awesome, large wheels. Video on YouTube shows that those wheels will easily roll over rough surfaces. However, I don’t need that ability. The Klein tote also more expensive than the Husky tote. Overall, I found the Klein tote to be too small for my needs. I have a lot of stuff.

UPDATE: The center space of the tote is vary large, so it’s rather easy to pile too much stuff in there. That makes it hard to keep organized. I considered buying plastic organizer boxes to stack in there, but settled on using smaller totes that fit inside the large tote. That ended up working extremely well and I’m very happy with the final result.

Now for some pictures:

01: Here is how I used to carry my stuff. Very bulky and disorganized!
272915d1392777029-tool-tote-01.jpg

02: Lots of pockets outside! You don't even notice the side lifting straps unless you look for them.
272917d1392778652-tool-tote-03.jpg

03: Rear - Very sturdy. Notice the THREE wheels along the bottom. That has proven to be very practical.
272918d1392778652-tool-tote-04.jpg

04: Top Open:
272919d1392778652-tool-tote-05.jpg

05: Looking inside - Lots of pockets in there, too!
272920d1392778652-tool-tote-06.jpg

06: Large flap along the front interior covers larger pockets:
272921d1392778652-tool-tote-07.jpg

07: The outside pockets are quite large and deep. This shows some batteries and a LiPo bag sticking out before I pushed them down:
272923d1392778652-tool-tote-09.jpg

08: The batteries and LiPo bag are still there, but completely secured in the pockets:
272924d1392778652-tool-tote-10.jpg

09: An Onyx charger, a scale, some glue, etc, before I pushed them down:
272925d1392778652-tool-tote-11.jpg

10: Now the charger and other items are secured in the pockets:
272926d1392778705-tool-tote-12.jpg

11: It's filling up, but I got everything in!
272927d1392778705-tool-tote-13.jpg

12: Looking under the large flap on the inside front wall:
272928d1392778705-tool-tote-14.jpg

13: After filling up the center of the bag, I decided it was too disorganized. I went back to Home Depot and found some smaller bags that would fit inside the 22-inch Tool Tote:
272930d1392778705-tool-tote-16.jpg

14: The open-topped tote will fit perfectly in this space I made:
272931d1392778705-tool-tote-17.jpg

15: And here it is in that space. I put my Hitec 4X charger, the power supply and associated testers, balance boards and adapters into this smaller tote.
272932d1392778705-tool-tote-18.jpg

16: This closed-top tote sits on top of the open-topped tote. I put my Hakko 936 soldering station, solder, shrink wrap, liquid tape and other soldering related items into this tote. Now I can simply lift these two smaller totes out for easy access and good organization.
272933d1392778705-tool-tote-19.jpg

17: Everything fits very snugly with the top closed.
272934d1392778705-tool-tote-20.jpg

18: Totally zipped up. There is a stong "rain flap" that folds over the zipper:
272935d1392778705-tool-tote-21.jpg

19: LAST PHOTO: All zipped up and ready to travel.
272936d1392778711-tool-tote-22.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, WoodiE! Here are two more pictures to show how I could easily move three cars at a time on top of the tote. The tires "lock" around the handle extensions and stay very secure as I move the tote to and from my car.

car-stack-03.jpg

car-stack-01.jpg

thx mailman i will head out to the home depot this week. anything should be an old duffel bag

@MailManX Great review. I actually have a similar set-up. I bought the plastic Husky rolling system. The top has all of my tools, and small general parts that I would need for my RCs. The middle compartment I use my other tires, fluids, charger, lipos. Then the bottom part holds 2 of my cars, stands and I also throw in model-specific plastic compartments for tools/parts etc. It has been great to take to the track. The whole set-up was about $85
Husky-22in-Connect-Rolling-Tool-Box-System-Top-Organizer-Lid.jpg

@MailManX Great review. I actually have a similar set-up. I bought the plastic Husky rolling system. The top has all of my tools, and small general parts that I would need for my RCs. The middle compartment I use my other tires, fluids, charger, lipos. Then the bottom part holds 2 of my cars, stands and I also throw in model-specific plastic compartments for tools/parts etc. It has been great to take to the track. The whole set-up was about $85
That's a great price for a really nice setup!

Protek hauler bag is a great bag for the money. Very well built and holds more that you might think.

I bought a Monoprice hard case for my Mini E-Revo, and allows me to pack the essentials along with the truck. I picked up a shoulder strap as it can get tiring to carry it for a distance. I'm not taking along too much stuff with me, otherwise I'd have to load up another bag or something.

At the time I was thinking I wanted something for my 1/10 E-Revo along those lines. Ordered a Pelican 1730 Transport Case. There was one that was probably a return on Amazon for about half the price they're listed for now. Had a few scuffs, but I didn't care about that.

It's hard to gauge just how big those things are when you're looking at them online. It's big...very big. Granted, a 1/10 truck fills it up pretty quick, but there is room for tools and whatnot. I'm thinking it might be a little too obnoxious to tow around here, so I might pick up something transported easier.

If I ever want to travel with one of my trucks, that case enables me to do that. The MT410 I'll have soon should fit as well as the E-Revo.

Recent Popular Liked

Back