• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

One more electronics question on EB410.2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PKMSM

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. ET48
  2. MT410
Would a Castle MMX /1515 2200kV combo:

1- Fit in an EB410.2
2- Be a good/reasonable choice even if it does fit?

I already have this combo which is why I ask. This would be for general parking lot bashing.

Thanks.

I’m biting my tongue as much as I can…. Parking lot bashing you might want to choose a different rig.

I’m biting my tongue as much as I can…. Parking lot bashing you might want to choose a different rig.

More like learning to go around cones, curbs, etc.

Feel free to make suggestions, what rig would you choose? I was looking for a kit to build which is why I chose this one. If there is a better kit for this purpose I’d welcome your thoughts.

Sir…I’m not sure I can point you in the right direction. My “ corral “ consists of Arrma, Axial, Traxxas, and DHK. I have about 18 rigs but none really are used for “ drifting “ like what you are looking for except my Arrma Nero. You might want to do some research online with different companies that have drift vehicles. If you want to stay with Tekno check out the ET 410.2

Sir…I’m not sure I can point you in the right direction. My “ corral “ consists of Arrma, Axial, Traxxas, and DHK. I have about 18 rigs but none really are used for “ drifting “ like what you are looking for except my Arrma Nero. You might want to do some research online with different companies that have drift vehicles.

I probably used “bashing” a little too loosely. I’m not looking to “drift”, at least not as the primary goal. Sure, I want to have some fun with it but was looking to learn some skill and control by going around objects on pavement.

I would like to add, that when it comes to “ going around cones and avoiding curbs “ a good servo is needed. And tires.

Will use a Savox SC-1268SG.

It‘s the rest of the electronics I’m looking to finalize.

Or is this a better combo for the EB410?

https://www.amainhobbies.com/castle...or-combo-w-1410-3800kv-cse010-0164-06/p731269

I have all the ESC programmers for Castle which is why I’m looking for them, but otherwise no brand loyalty if there is a better motor/ESC set up.
Yup, that is a 1/10 scale combo. Your 1/8th scale combo would have probably shredded the driveline over time.

I parking lot bash-race with an EB48.4. Works great. I’m a one brand / one scale type of guy.

Yup, that is a 1/10 scale combo. Your 1/8th scale combo would have probably shredded the driveline over time.

I parking lot bash-race with an EB48.4. Works great. I’m a one brand / one scale type of guy.
Perfect, thanks. I’ll go with this combo instead although I might get a better ESC, maybe a Sidewinder 4 or Copperhead.

I got tired of waiting for my backordered EB48 2.0, so figured why not go a little smaller with the EB410 for parking lot practice. Tires are also pretty cheap in that size…

Something you might want to consider with the combo you linked is the motor shaft size. With the EB410 you'll need a 48 pitch pinion which is most common with a 3mm bore. That motor is a 5mm shaft. You'll have limited pinion choices with 48 pitch and 5mm bore. I would get the combo with the motor having a 3mm shaft if it's available.

Yeah I know. Thinking I would use the 1515 motor, I ordered a couple of different sizes of 5mm 48P pinions to try, so I was trying to use those same ones with the smaller 1410 motor. That said, I’ll probably go with 3.17 since I’ll also have more options with motor/ESC combos.

Last edited:
I run all my rigs in a big open freshly blacktopped parking lot near my house. Set up some cones and a couple smallish jumps to create a “track”. I run clay compound tires and gear the cars for a super high speed as I make the track really big with long straights. All my 1/10 scale including both the eb410.2 and et410.2 I run 6.5t hobby wing with the matching esc. Just keep in mind that even one flip / crash on the concrete can easily break something especially if you’re going fast. I flipped my TLR 22x4 after landing a small jump going maybe 10mph and snapped the front carbon shock tower. I also spun out with my 22 5.0 elite and backed into a curb at also maybe 10mph, and probably because I have an aluminum rear wing mount which is what hit the curb, it ended up snapping the gear box housing where the wing mount attaches. Basically both situations would likely not happen on a dirt surface. All my Tekno and TLR 1/8 rigs can take a massive beating in comparison to the 1/10 without having anything break and I’ve got my older EB48.4 setup with the Tekin 2650kv, 6s battery and 25t pinion for speed running in the big parking lot easily topping 90mph without anything breaking, thankfully having not hit a curb at speed yet lol.

Recent Popular Liked

Back