• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Newbie question regarding esc capacitor mounting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GMcThornbody

Reaction score
So, last time I put together a car, the caps weren't remotely located. Trying to find place to mount an esc, a transponder, and a receiver in an EB410, it's pretty snug.

So, looking at Tbuggy's thread (the most recent thread I found showing under the hood) https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/tbuggys-mod-eb410.809/ it looks like I'm safe to mount the capacitors on anything I can fit them to? My initial concern was heat, but if they aren't getting that warm, then awesome.

For what it's worth, running a Hobbywing QuicRun QR10BK120 120A hooked up to a 6.5 turn.

I don't own the EB410 anymore, so I can't give you a pic, but I placed the caps from my HW ESC under the center drive shaft using an extra layer of double sided tape in the hollowed out notch of the chassis, never had any problems with the caps moving around, I used an alcohol swab to degrease both surfaces before applying 3M exterior grade tape.

I have also been able to mount them on the side of the ESC. (this is actually an ET, but has the same electronics layout as the EB)
IMG_5771.JPG

Ended up having to do more like what Billl Delong said. Capacitor is up under where they suggest the transponder goes. The problem with my ESC is the leads are on the short side of the speed control, so it makes for a relatively long ESC. So going sideways with the speed control, the capacitor won't fit beside it like Tbuggy, going the other way and there's no where to fit a receiver. So it's sitting in there sideways, but the receiver is still going to mounted vertically, but whatever. (It's an older DSX3 Spectrum, so the receiver may be a touch large by todays standards.)

While I know having the transponder up front is better, I'm no where near fast enough for that to be an issue. The day I lose by 6 inches, I'll revisit it.

Recent Popular Liked

Back