• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

newbie question: what can I take from an ERevo 2.0 VXL?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nrgskill

Reaction score
Hi guys, I need a backup truck and was wondering what can I take from an Erevo 2.0 I already own.
Can I use these parts from it?
  • wheels
  • receiver and transmitter with receiver waterproof box
  • motor and esc
  • batteries (2x 170 mm L, 50 mm W, 29 mm H)

Last edited:
for the wheels, does the ERevo 2.0 use 17mm or 14mm hex? Check on that, the MT410 will need 17mm hex wheels.

The other stuff can transfer, though. Servo too, but I's rather get a good servo vs reusing a RTR servo. Disclaimer, I don't know what the stats are for the stock Revo servo, just most RTR's come with weak, slow servos...

@nrgskill the E-Revo 2.0 does use 17mm hex wheels so you'll be good to go there. So wheels, and electronics could be moved over.

what about the batteries size?
Sorry, but no the battery will not work.

Tekno MT410 Specifications:

• Length: 530mm
  • Wheelbase: 323-335mm
  • Width: 420mm
  • Weight: ~3850g (8.3lb) out of the box RTR (RTR weight equipped w/ Tekin RX8, 2200kv truggy motor, 700g battery, rx, etc)
  • Diff Ratio: F/R – 10/40t, Center – 44t
  • Battery tray dimensions: 50x148mm
  • Kit/RTR: Kit

And please don't put the 125oz/in traxxas servo in your mt. I own both the erevo 2.0 and the mt, I switch wheels between the two often. I actually like the talons on the mt. The vxl6s esc might be a tad to big, you'll have to check and maybe relocate. You could spend a couple bucks and just buy a new tqi reciever, then you wouldn't have to switch everytime. Motor will work in both, so it looks like battery and servo would be your non transferable items. Have fun!

Hi guys, I need a backup truck and was wondering what can I take from an Erevo 2.0 I already own.
Can I use these parts from it?
  • wheels
  • receiver and transmitter with receiver waterproof box
  • motor and esc
  • batteries (2x 170 mm L, 50 mm W, 29 mm H)
The e revo wheels have special notches in the 17mm hubs and will not fit any other brand 17mm. I’ve tried. You can Dremel it out to fit but you may create slop in the wheel but motor esc tx receiver work if they fit space wise

The e revo wheels have special notches in the 17mm hubs and will not fit any other brand 17mm. I’ve tried.
This is not true, I've taken the talon tires straight off my erevo 2.0 and put them on my mt410. I actually like the erevo 2.0 tires on my mt, nothing is needed to accomplish this transition.

@nrgskill the E-Revo 2.0 does use 17mm hex wheels so you'll be good to go there. So wheels, and electronics could be moved over.
Traxxas makes their wheels so they cannot be swapped to other cars they have a different 17mm design. I removed one to show the notches

Attachments

• 37D662AF-E94C-4439-8583-138F96835958.jpeg
    37D662AF-E94C-4439-8583-138F96835958.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 550
Traxxas makes their wheels so they cannot be swapped to other cars they have a different 17mm design. I removed one to show the notches
Again, not true! They will fit and work

Attachments

• 20181105_200652.jpg
    20181105_200652.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 376
This is not true, I've taken the talon tires straight off my erevo 2.0 and put them on my mt410. I actually like the erevo 2.0 tires on my mt, nothing is needed to accomplish this transition.
I just tried it. IT WILL NOT FIT. the wheel from a 2.0 has the notches and will not go on a standard 17mm hex. look at the pic I posted of the wheel and you can see why it will not fit

I just tried it. IT WILL NOT FIT. the wheel from a 2.0 has the notches and will not go on a standard 17mm hex. look at the pic I posted of the wheel and you can see why it will not fit
And look at the picture I attached, that shows the Talon wheels on my MT410

you have to Dremel out the tabs inside of the 17mm wheel to make it fit on others. a simple google search will prove that they do not fit and I just wasted 5 min of my time trying it.

Attachments

• 1EFD3B24-56F0-4F1F-A6F9-637E3551C295.jpeg
    1EFD3B24-56F0-4F1F-A6F9-637E3551C295.jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 426
  • D6BF4960-EA56-44A2-A69B-0793048A0814.jpeg
    D6BF4960-EA56-44A2-A69B-0793048A0814.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 361
you have to Dremel out the tabs inside of the 17mm wheel to make it fit on others. a simple google search will prove that they do not fit and I just wasted 5 min of my time trying it.
When I get home I'll show a picture tutorial, I didn't dremel anything

And look at the picture I attached, that shows the Talon wheels on my MT410
Traxxas only wants their wheels to work on their vehicles and the hubs match I’m looking at them in front of me. He could put the tires on a different wheel or dremel out the stock tabs. I’m a mechanical engineer btw so I’m confident and if you have any common sense you would see why it doesnt work. It’s like the square peg in a round hole. They were smart enough to make it where a standard wheel fits onto it but a Traxxas wheel is keyed to only fit their hubs look it up

Attachments

• 39188458-A70F-45AA-AA54-B70266C2B9B3.jpeg
    39188458-A70F-45AA-AA54-B70266C2B9B3.jpeg
    162.2 KB · Views: 408
Traxxas only wants their wheels to work on their vehicles and the hubs match I’m looking at them in front of me. He could put the tires on a different wheel or dremel out the stock tabs. I’m a mechanical engineer btw so I’m confident and if you have any common sense you would see why it doesnt work. It’s like the square peg in a round hole. They were smart enough to make it where a standard wheel fits onto it but a Traxxas wheel is keyed to only fit their hubs look it up
Again, I personally put the talon wheels from my 2.0 on my mt410, without any modifications! I don't know why you don't believe me, or why you think I'm misleading. Mechanical engineer is great, but, they would figure out how to get the square peg in the round hole. Please hold until I get home, I will show pictures of your impossible feet being done

When I get home I'll show a picture tutorial, I didn't dremel anything
You can modify anything to work like I said but stock it will not just swap onto your tekno and then back without altering it. The people at Traxxas are so worried about that kinda bs instead of building the best possible rc that’s part of their problem. Amain hobbies has a video mentioning the revo 2.0 keyed hubs and how it makes the wheels not fit any standard 17mm however the standard 17mm wheel still fits over their keyed hub. I don’t wanna argue anymore over Traxxas vehicles they aren’t even worth it haha

You can modify anything to work like I said but stock it will not just swap onto your tekno and then back without altering it. The people at Traxxas are so worried about that kinda bs instead of building the best possible rc that’s part of their problem. Amain hobbies has a video mentioning the revo 2.0 keyed hubs and how it makes the wheels not fit any standard 17mm however the standard 17mm wheel still fits over their keyed hub. I don’t wanna argue anymore over Traxxas vehicles they aren’t even worth it haha
Passionate conversation, not arguing, ha. Maybe my brand new wheels were already modified. I don't know, all I'm saying is the talon ext wheels and tires came straight off my erevo 2.0 and went directly on to my factory spec kit built mt410. No modifications, nothing but loosening the wheel nuts, swapping tires and tightening wheel nuts.

Again, I personally put the talon wheels from my 2.0 on my mt410, without any modifications! I don't know why you don't believe me, or why you think I'm misleading. Mechanical engineer is great, but, they would figure out how to get the square peg in the round hole. Please hold until I get home, I will show pictures of your impossible feet being done
I’m still over here trying it. It is close but to sit all the way in on mine I’d have to shave some plastic from the wheel

I’m still over here trying it. It is close but to sit all the way in on mine I’d have to shave some plastic from the wheel

Are you guys comparing the same vehicles and hexes? My MT has star hexes, the ET48.3 and EB48.4 have the full sized ones, at least on mine. And all parts are stock on all mine.

Attachments

• IMG_20181211_182400233.jpg
    IMG_20181211_182400233.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_20181211_182054067.jpg
    IMG_20181211_182054067.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 364

Recent Popular Liked

Back