• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

New to forum and Tekno

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marucci87

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. ET48
  3. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
Hey guys, I’m new to the forum and new to Tekno. I was always a Traxxas guy, when I was a kid I had a few nitro Rustlers…when the pandemic kicked I got back into RC. I never raced I always just messed around in my yard and local pits. When I got back into to RC I got a Rustler VXL 2wd and 4wd…then It snow balled from there to a Hoss, Maxx and XMaxx. After doing a lot of research I wanted to venture out into new company and got a Tekno Mt410 about 3 months ago and boy what a huge difference in quality handling etc. So now I sold my Hoss and Maxx to get the Et410 2.0 witch is another great handle RC. Now my current build and Et48 2.0. It’s built as a roller right now and was wondering if u guys could point me in a direction of a motor and esc, My MT410 is
On 6s with a Arrma BLX4074 and a Hobbywing Maxx8 esc, I always run on 6s and it’s a beast, every time I use it just leaves me speechless and I want the same for my ET48 2.0 build. Another few questions is there a company that makes shock tower guards for the ET48 2.0, and what mud guards fit on the rear swing arms? I tryed my MT410 ones but they need to be cut, if I have to order another set and cut to fit I will but rather not. Well that’s my rant any help will but appreciated thank you.

Hello and welcome! What will you be using the car for? Bashing I'm guessing? The standard build design is limited in esc and motor size, but if you install the esc where the radio box goes and the radio box where the esc works normally go you can fit a mighty esc and motor in.

I've ran mine with a Castle Mamba Monster X 8s and 1520 1650kv combo, and a Hobbywing Xerun xr8 plus and 4274sd 2250kv combo, both run really well. With my race setup I prefer the Hobbywing system.

20210618_044948.jpg
20210530_183336.jpg
20210530_183345.jpg
20210530_183828.jpg
20210618_044912.jpg
20210617_164429.jpg

Hello and welcome! What will you be using the car for? Bashing I'm guessing? The standard build design is limited in esc and motor size, but if you install the esc where the radio box goes and the radio box where the esc works normally go you can fit a mighty esc and motor in.

I've ran mine with a Castle Mamba Monster X 8s and 1520 1650kv combo, and a Hobbywing Xerun xr8 plus and 4274sd 2250kv combo, both run really well. With my race setup I prefer the Hobbywing system.

View attachment 7116View attachment 7117View attachment 7118View attachment 7119View attachment 7120View attachment 7121I’m strictly bashing, but would like to keep the option to run on a track in the future. I was thinking the same Hobbywing set up, the XR8 plus and 4274 since the XR8 pro is only 4s. Have you ran yours on 8s? That has to be on the edge of out of control, I know my MT410 is on 6s. I can’t go near full throttle let alone 1/2. Witch keeps me going back for more so maybe 8s is a option in my ET48 2.0 lol. Plus running on 6s most of the time will put less stress on the electronics, but I’d really like to keep the esc in the factory position.

Another vote the the XR-8 Plus and 4274 motor combo....

I went with the Hobbywing xr8 plus/ 4274 combo. There are so many options for steering servos, what do you guys think about the Reefs triple 4 servo? Anyone have experiences with it? For now I’m going to run a traxxas 2255 brushless servo that I have laying around…I have them in most of my Traxxas Rcs and my Tekno MT410…it won’t last long I know for sure, the case ovals out where the output shaft gear bearing rides, and c a ton of play in that area. So the servo horn wobbles all around. It happen on 2 of 3 that I currently use…real bummer for a $100usd servo…the case is aluminum but the top cap isn’t. Thanks for your guys input on witch ESC/Motor combo to use.

The general rule of thumb is to stay away from the RTR servos. Those are most of the time poor quality rebrands.

$100 will get you a Savox 2273 for example. While not the best and smoothest out there, it is a brushless servo from a reputable manufacturer, with real good torque and speed.

Im into two servos at the moment.

Promodeler 1155 (as shown in my above video). It was a 'plug and play' solution. Straight in and increased voltage to 7.4v, and its PLENTY powerful enough, even with larger tyres! I didn't even have to set any steering endpoints, other then a little trimming, it seemed spot on!

If I didn't get the above I would have went for the SRT BH9032 - fantastic servo with great overall performance.

Hey PrimaRC, thanks for posting those pics bro, they really helped me out. I'll briefly tell you why. I have an mt410 with the 1520 and monster X 8s, doesn't over heat anymore but had to install the esc ontop of the front diff. Gonna get a et48 2.0 and thought of putting what I had in the mt410 that would over heat in the et which is a monster x with the 1515/2200kv motor. Didn't think I could do similar to the mt410. But seeing yours . . . .;) thanks !

It was stupid of me to take for granted that my programming card would work from my max8 esc to program the xr8 plus, or that I could just program it using the set button. I can’t find anything on programming with the set button, so I’m guessing it’s not possible. I just see a reset to factory programming. But on a lighter note…right out of the box on 4s this combo is pretty nuts…has anyone messed with the manual timing on this 4274 g3 motor ? If anyone has experience with the timing on the body of the motor could you point me to a good and safe timing adjustment. I haven’t touched it….I’m using a 16t pinion with some dboots katar t ties in the grass and a set of dboot backflip 6s for dirt…I was going to get a 6s battery that fits my tray but I might just invest in a really good 4s battery and leave it alone…part of me wants to see what it does on 6s but 4s seems to be plenty. I’m thinking either the ProTek rc low ir graphene 120c 6500mah lihv or the Gens Ace lihv 100c 7500mah. Anyone have experience with either of these batteries or have Suggestions? I want something lihv 100c + and at least 5800mah.

I wound up getting a 6s smc 120c 4000mah grapene extreme battery to test the waters on 6s, boy this thing something else. Absolute rocket ship….I’ll be getting a higher mah 4s pack and running it on 4s, I’m only a basher and don’t need all that power all the time. It’s nice to have the choice but this will be dominantly a 4s machine from here on out. I say that now but we’ll see. I said the same about my MT410 and never went back to 4s. I’m wondering what to build next but I feel like I’m at rc perfection with Tekno products. I really wouldn’t know what to buy, maybe I’ll build another Mt410 or Possibly the sct410.3, what’s your guys thoughts on my next build?

Recent Popular Liked

Back