• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

New Protek Shorty 4s EB48

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The battery tray is 140mm long and the battery you linked is only 99mm long, so it would simply require you to drill new holes to move the battery mounts, and to be honest it wouldn't hurt drilling a bunch of holes for various mounting locations to play around with the weight distribution:

1614185761304.png

I would use some scales to check the corner balance and adjust the pack accordingly for drilling the first set of holes then go maybe 2-3 more sets of holes in either direction spaced about 1-2mm apart from the outer edge of each countersunk lip.

Another option to consider if you're not interested in drilling into the chassis is to create a 3mm carbon fiber plate that mounts under the battery tray mounts, you drill the plate into the stock holes and drill rows of holes for various mounting positions with the tray mounts.

I have a CNC and can work with you on creating a custom plate if you are interested in doing something like this.

Last edited:
Interesting! I’ll let you know what I come up with! I know you’re a thornhill local I’m from DFW. When I get the battery I’ll contact you and see what we can do!!

Recent Popular Liked

Back