• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

New Drivetrain parts for the 2.0 vehicles - Worth it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PlayfordS

Reaction score
With 3 diffs on the car this looks quite pricey to upgrade them all with the new parts that Tekno released recently.

Has anyone tried them?
Are they worth it for racing and if so can I get away with just getting some of them, for example just the gear set?

1656771276558.png

I got all the parts but many of the pros are just using the gear set, o-rings, and shims with the old diff case. So you can definitely get away just using those parts.

I just got them installed and plan on testing them later this week.

Unless you're running truggy, we've found it best (for racing) to use the orings, gears, and either the new shim or the new case. I prefer new case, new orings, new gears, old shims. Several of our drivers prefer old case, new orings, new gears, new shims. On really rough tracks, some like to also use old gears in the center only.

Unless you're running truggy, we've found it best (for racing) to use the orings, gears, and either the new shim or the new case. I prefer new case, new orings, new gears, old shims. Several of our drivers prefer old case, new orings, new gears, new shims. On really rough tracks, some like to also use old gears in the center only.
So with Truggy all new parts for racing then?

So with Truggy all new parts for racing then?
If you're on a high grip surface it's possible to run all the new parts in truggy. It's also possible that on a track with sharp bumps in the turns that the new parts will also help. The outside tires will be less likely to grab and cause the inside wheel to diff out. It will also depend on the type of "feel" you prefer.

If you're on a high grip surface it's possible to run all the new parts in truggy. It's also possible that on a track with sharp bumps in the turns that the new parts will also help. The outside tires will be less likely to grab and cause the inside wheel to diff out. It will also depend on the type of "feel" you prefer.

Thank you for the explanation Matthew!

Recent Popular Liked

Back