• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Tekno 1/8 drivetrain durability/wear rate compared to Arrma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of curiosity. How often do you do maintenance on your ET48.3? (Specifically the driveline)

I've been looking at the cost of parts for the Tekno and they are even more than Arrma! I still need some assurance that the parts should last longer.

@Klappars , as mentioned by the group, you are just looking at changing pins.

The tool itself is $50, 100 pins on ebay is in the $6 to $8. From there, maintenance on driveline is almost free... bearings & stuff is the same on all RCs.

Out of curiosity. How often do you do maintenance on your ET48.3? (Specifically the driveline)

I've been looking at the cost of parts for the Tekno and they are even more than Arrma! I still need some assurance that the parts should last longer.

Don’t forget the 50% off on parts program. It’s a “no questions asked” return policy on all bent, broken or worn out parts. Literally divides your maintenance costs by two.

Don’t forget the 50% off on parts program. It’s a “no questions asked” return policy on all bent, broken or worn out parts. Literally divides your maintenance costs by two.
Unfortunately it’s not practical for me to take advantage of that offer since I live in the UK

I’ve sold both my ARRMAs for ET48.3s. Your going to love the fit and finish of TEKNO in comparison. Your maintenance will also be contingent on how you drive, and how often you drive. If you got 12 battery cycles out of your 6S battery in your Arrma before some driveline/diff maintenance is needed, I’d say your going to get more like 15-20 out of your TEKNO, simply based on quality of parts, and how well everything is put together and aligned on the TEKNOs. (I’m basing this on the info I got from TEKNO guys before I made the switch)
Now with all that said, there are a few guys that beef up the drive shafts and CVD shafts to take the thicker Arrma Shafts. I haven’t done that. I am still in the beginning stages of building my rigs and want to see how mine lasts first. That’s the other fun part about TEKNO, is you get to build your rig from the ground up! Take your time and do it correctly and the dividends on the longevity and craftsmanship are worth it! Cheers!

Last edited:

Recent Popular Liked

Back