• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48.3 My first Tekno ET48.3 :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_RC

Reaction score
Hey all,

After reading in this forum for a while, I decided to go for a Tekno ET48.3 - and this thing is freaking crazy! :)
It was my first Kit ever built. Everything was really well explained in the manual.
I decided to go for a hobbywing XR8 plus - 2250kV Motor combo with a t15 pinion. And here it is:

5E1C2C51-B235-46B3-B8F7-DC8ED7EFF4FA.jpeg
01F0464A-10AD-4F70-A601-AC726DB087D5.jpeg
3B5AC4F2-C5B6-4411-AB8A-20191E104ECF.jpeg
60BCB4FC-2F12-491A-B3C9-86B9877DC032.jpeg

Regards,
Christian

Looks very good! What tires are those?

Tires are the Louise TRock (there are two versions one for Buggy and one for Truggy). They are really good for off-road bashing and they have 0mm Offset - so you can mount them without modifications.

image.jpg

They even come in two flavours, hard compound with normal foam and soft compound with closed cell.

Thank you all - my first runs were awesome. It is a real beast. :love:
Which diff oil do you use for middle diff? 50k? 100k? Or even 250k?
Somehow I think mine is too weak as I do not get the power „down“ (sorry for my broken English, I hope you guys understand what I mean )
Thanks in advance

Thank you all - my first runs were awesome. It is a real beast. :love:
Which diff oil do you use for middle diff? 50k? 100k? Or even 250k?
Somehow I think mine is too weak as I do not get the power „down“ (sorry for my broken English, I hope you guys understand what I mean )
Thanks in advance
I’m using 60k/100k/30k front/center/rear. If you are running 6s with stock center diff fluid you will run the risk of melting the diff cup lol. I speak from experience! Lol! Go thicker on the center which will slow the rotation which generates the heat. You can eventually replace the center with an aluminum center diff from m2c. It is solid!

Glad you are having a blast with it! I just took mine outside a week ago and did some bashing. Fun times!

You can eventually replace the center with an aluminum center diff from m2c. It is solid!
I was thinking about getting some aluminum upgrades from m2c. Which Aluminium Upgrades do you suggest? :)

Also which brand of diff oil do you use? :)

Last edited:
I was thinking about getting some aluminum upgrades from m2c. Which Aluminium Upgrades do you suggest? :)

Also which brand of diff oil do you use? :)
I mainly use all m2c stuff. M3 by Mike Meyers is also awesome. He can be found on Facebook under MMM-Germany. I think he might be working on a website. I can’t recall.

If you plan on bashing your ET then I’d suggest the center front and rear chassis braces. If you do the game changer chassis it will come with the mega front brace. There are two rear center braces. One that goes from the tower to the center diff and one from tower to chassis.

Bare minimum is front and one of the rear braces IMO. Just depends on how hard your bashing.

I used Team Associated shock and diff oils. 60k/100k/30k f/c/r in diffs and 500 cst in shocks but I’m going to switch that out with 700 or 800 once it gets warmer. I’m also using orange springs all around.

Excellent work! Working on ET 48.3 too...almost done! Love the color scheme! What color and brand of paint did u use (blue and orange)? Thanks!

Recent Popular Liked

Back