• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

My dream off-road vehicle - SCT410 to Truggy conversion (not ET410)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That thing is so nice, i had to register to post. Tekno should kit these... call it the ET49.
I have an ET48.3 and my dad has a ET410. He breaks his trying to keep up with mine on our rough track. Yours is as durable as the ET48 - and it would probably compete pretty well too.

I am curious, has anyone tried this rig with 1/8 buggy tires?

I was thinking about an EB48SL conversión for my sct I run on an outdoor track I don’t race it, it’s just for fun. (My boys stole the 48.4’s). Would this be more or less fun and durable than the EB conversion?

Awesome build...want one ?
So when starting from the sct 410.3 kit
Do I also need the truggy suspension or only the shocktowers ?
Truggy body 1/8 scale
Would it also work with 1/10 stadium truck wheels 2.2 or 2.8 size and the hexes from the kit ?
Truggy rear wing
steel diff pins
Something else ?

I would also like to know if st 2.8 wheels with 1/2 offset would work. I love my et410 but I want to build a 3s version I think this is it

I am going to this exact same build with one difference…. Starting with the mt410 and have Truggy arms…. Not sure how sct410 arms would work with Truggy shocks and towers.
I’ll run backflip lp’s are Truggy wheels/tires

What I envisioned or wanted no one made. However, Tekno's good modular engineering allowed me to design EXACTLY what I wanted.

A shorter, more nimble truggy that could run on 2S for indoor tracks, ultimate suspension travel, protected shock towers. I wanted a rig that was comfortable on an indoor track, turning under 1/10 scale buggy's, but could hang with any 1/8th scale on massive jumps. A chassis that is too long and wide is stable, but has lazy handling characteristics...something just as good on smaller tracks and at home on larger ones.

"One rig to rule them all."

SCT410.3 base build
SCT410.3 arms
Truggy shock towers and shocks
Truggy body shortened 50mm
Truggy rear wing
17mm wheel fitment conversion.

Here's what I came up with...let me know what you think. It is a freaking beast and easy to do!
Hi! Is the truggy body for et410 or et48?

Old thread, but resurrecting with RC-envy :). A few questions about the build.

SCT410.3 base build <-- the SCT410.3 is discontinued, will the SCT410SL kit work?
SCT410.3 arms
Truggy shock towers and shocks <-- are these from the ET48 2.0 or ET410?
Truggy body shortened 50mm <-- same question, which body is this and does anyone know what this means by shortened?

Old thread, but resurrecting with RC-envy :). A few questions about the build.

SCT410.3 base build <-- the SCT410.3 is discontinued, will the SCT410SL kit work?
SCT410.3 arms
Truggy shock towers and shocks <-- are these from the ET48 2.0 or ET410?
Truggy body shortened 50mm <-- same question, which body is this and does anyone know what this means by shortened?

The SCT410SL is based on the EB410 chassis, there are zero parts compatibility where the SCT410.3 is based on the EB48.3 chassis

Note that ET48.3 parts will be compatible with the SCT410.3 and the newer ET48 2.0 will not

The SCT410.3 has been discontinued and word on the street is that the SCT410 2.1 will be released soon... "insert 2 more weeks joke here"

Very easy to shorten the truggy body to fit the SCT aka Buggy body, I've seen a local run a truggy body on his nitro buggy, it's hilarious!

Thanks so much, Bill! Your insights here and on my ET48 build.

This SCT410/ET48.3 amalgamation seems a bit complicated. I might be better served waiting to see if they come out with a "truer-sized 1/10" MT410 eventually.

The SCT410SL is based on the EB410 chassis, there are zero parts compatibility where the SCT410.3 is based on the EB48.3 chassis

Note that ET48.3 parts will be compatible with the SCT410.3 and the newer ET48 2.0 will not

The SCT410.3 has been discontinued and word on the street is that the SCT410 2.1 will be released soon... "insert 2 more weeks joke here"

Very easy to shorten the truggy body to fit the SCT aka Buggy body, I've seen a local run a truggy body on his nitro buggy, it's hilarious!

I believe the MT410.3 may have been discontinued as well to get comparable 2.1 updates to both the MT410 and SCT410 respectively

Bigger question I have is will TEKNO continue to offer parts support for the .3 platforms? Up until now they have always supported their legacy vehicles with an upgrade path but the 2.1 updates are too far away to make compatible... bringing out the popcorn, ha!

Did anyone else ever do this build? In particular anyone have parts numbers for the truggy shock towers and/or shocks?

Recent Popular Liked

Back