• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Mud guards

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bennie98

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
I'm looking to buy some mud guards.
Since my second time riding the mt410 it caught a rock under the driveshaft to the right rear wheel.
Any suggestions for this? I heard the tbone racing ones are great, but they aren't for sale anywhere in the EU.
I saw someone made them from aluminium, but how? What are the dimensions? Does anyone have a plan/layout/print to make them?

Also, what are Air Control Guards, and what is their purpose?
Is it to keep mud away, or to keep the car from parachuting?

If you were going to cut your own I don't think its a super fancy shape. You just need something that will screw into the holes and at the same time not affect the travel of the suspension.

Air control guards are for the SCT and yes they are for reducing the parachute affect that the SCT bodies tend to have. If you are running a truck body (like most) on your MT then you wouldn't need them.

Ok, good to know. Now I only need to know where to get some good mud guards in the EU.
If anyone knows, please let me know. :)

I don’t know where to get them in the EU but I can tell you the mudguards from T-bone are extremely simple (and yes, they are great - I would consider them mandatory for any bashing).

Any scrap of lexan or kydex cut roughly to a rectangular shape will do.

Now that I have had the tbone guards installed for a while, I would actually consider making new ones that are about 15mm taller and wider. It depends on what tires you are running but I have tons of extra clearance (which means extra space for debris to foul the dog bones).

If you would make those, is it possible to post the circumference of both models and a scale or measurements in order to reproduce those at home?

I hadn't bumped into this website. The mud guards look great :D
And cheaper than the tbone racing parts.
I'll check the rest of the site out as well. Thanks for the link.

The shipment costs are double the costs of the product. That's a bit steep. Also, I'm looking for a chassis skid or two optional skidplates and he doesn't really sell those, except maybe the universal ones. But I'm not great with a drill to make my own holes ^^

I eventually ordered the TBoneRacing mud guards on their website. Along with a chassis skid plate and a wheelie bar. They gave some reduction for the shipment, which made it an ok buy. I love the support these guys have though. Fast and friendly. And they stick to their word.

Recent Popular Liked

Back