• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

MT410 Incoming!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bix

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
Finally ordered myself a Tekno MT410 as they came back into stock in the UK :D

Can’t wait for it to arrive so I can crack on with the build. I already have a Hobbywing Max8 2200kv Combo and TX/RX waiting to drop into it.

Pretty much made my mind up on getting a Savox 1270 TG servo which just leaves the question of a body and wheels/tyres.

Gonna have a browse through the forum at different bodies to get some inspiration.

I’ve narrowed the wheels/tyres down to the following 3 options:
  • Proline Shockwaves
  • Dboot Backflips
  • Proline Badlands
I’ll be sticking with 4S and looking for a good balance between handling and stunt ability. Let me know what you think and also what gearing you are running?

Thanks (y)

@Bix congrats on the new purchase. Looking forward to seeing your MT410 build! :D

Reactions: Bix
Welcome to the forum @Bix and you will love this truck.

I have the Dboot Backflips on my MT410 and I love them but I cannot compare them to the Shockwaves or the Badlands as I haven't had either of those on the MT410. I got the Backflips over the Badlands since they were about 8mm wider and 23mm taller and seemed like a good tire in between the Badlands and the MX38, which I thought were too big and wide. I think it handles pretty good for a MT.

Also, over on Arrmaforum.com there was a picture somebody took of the inside of one of the Backflips where it has webbing and thick rubber banding strips to help control ballooning. I run an Arrma 2050kv and they do balloon but nothing like I have seen in videos of other tires.

Let us know what you decide on!

Edit: The other thing I will add/recommend is an aluminum servo horn since the kit comes with plastic ones.

@Chevys10zr2003 thanks for the advice (y) I was leaning towards the Backflips as they seemed a happy medium between the big MT wheels and the standard Badlands.

I’ve got this SRT servo horn which isn’t really needed from my Pro MT 4x4. Do you reckon this would do the job?

9A59D877-018A-4BBC-8C75-FBC21BD3F0BB.jpeg

@Chevys10zr2003 thanks for the advice (y) I was leaning towards the Backflips as they seemed a happy medium between the big MT wheels and the standard Badlands.

I’ve got this SRT servo horn which isn’t really needed from my Pro MT 4x4. Do you reckon this would do the job?

View attachment 1087

It will work but you will have to use some spacers to get the Ackerman steering link back in line. Nice to use parts you have but i would put this on your next order.

Tekno Aluminum Servo Horn (25T)

Tekno MT410 Build 009 Servo Horn.JPG

@Cmbscx10 ive just ordered the Tekno one, will arrive before I finish the build anyways (y)

@Cmbscx10 beat me to it lol. My little humans were asking for breakfast so I figured I should make that LOL. I was going to say it should work as long as the tooth count is right and you may need to shim it.

Can’t wait to see your build!! I also have the backflips on my ET48.3. Though I’m not done with the build yet ;)

Backflips! I looked up every forum, review and article I could find...and still couldn’t decide. I narrowed it down to Shockwaves and Backflips, and I have been very happy with my backflips. In fact, I may buy another set for my ET48.3.

All the best!

@Slevin @keoni068 what gearing are you guys running just out of interest? And thanks for the advice (y) I keep pondering getting some badlands to start off with until I’m used to the truck and then move to Backflips once I’m less afraid of breaking my new truck :ROFLMAO:

@Slevin @keoni068 what gearing are you guys running just out of interest? And thanks for the advice (y) I keep pondering getting some badlands to start off with until I’m used to the truck and then move to Backflips once I’m less afraid of breaking my new truck :ROFLMAO:
@Bix I know you didn't direct the question towards me, but I figured I would try to help . I run the Backflips with a 2050kv Arrma BLX 185 system (rebranded Hobbywing) and I run a 15t pinion. I don't remember that temps I was getting exactly but they were in the 150-170 range for the motor as well as the esc on a 95 degree day.

@Bix I know you didn't direct the question towards me, but I figured I would try to help . I run the Backflips with a 2050kv Arrma BLX 185 system (rebranded Hobbywing) and I run a 15t pinion. I don't remember that temps I was getting exactly but they were in the 150-170 range for the motor as well as the esc on a 95 degree day.
Nice one dude, need to gear down a bit more then if running 2200kv right?

Nice one dude, need to gear down a bit more then if running 2200kv right?
I would imagine 14t would probably be good...... but I think 15t is the smallest the motor mount will allow but I'm not positive on that. You could always try 15t and keep an eye on temps. Also, remember mine was in 95°F (35°C) with 90-95% humidity. I don't think the humidity matters, but it was miserable that day LOL.

I have backflips and shockwaves. Shockwaves turn better, backflips have better grip and cushion for landing. My shockwaves are being sent to proline one of the hubs split and on another the rim/spoke bent. So they both wobbled pretty bad. Shockwaves won’t do standing backflips the backflips will. I only run 4s.

I managed to pick up some standard badlands cheap so I’m gonna start off with them. As they are smaller I’m hoping the temps will be kept in check with the 2200kv motor. Temps permitting I can’t then pick up some Backflips of all is well (y)

Quick question on servos, I know Tekno recommends 350oz-in. I wanted something waterproof just for peace of mind and noticed the Savox 1270 isn’t rated as waterproof :unsure:

Any recommendations? Ideally something suitable at 6.0v as I don’t want to push the bec in the Max8 ESC too hard really.

Sorry for the delayed response. I have the MMX/2200kv combo and I’ve run both 18t and 15t. 18t definitely has more top speed on 4s but can run a little hot if you’re not careful. 15t on 4s will do standing backflips but has a little less top speed. It definitely stays a bit cooler.

Experiment and have some fun!

Progressing well through my build, currently doing the servo saver and got a quick question.

The instructions say tightened the nut all the way down and then back it off 3 complete turns. Which looks like this...

39C5BB65-0EE1-424C-A5FE-20852AC2F063.jpeg

But on the next instructions steps it’s show backed all the way off.....

7C2BEE65-ED58-4F75-BCAD-B25789B42180.jpeg

Do I stick with current 3 turns setting or back it right off like the picture?

Thanks guys (y)

Progressing well through my build, currently doing the servo saver and got a quick question.

The instructions say tightened the nut all the way down and then back it off 3 complete turns. Which looks like this...

View attachment 1128

But on the next instructions steps it’s show backed all the way off.....

View attachment 1129

Do I stick with current 3 turns setting or back it right off like the picture?

Thanks guys (y)
For my SCT and MT I followed the written text over the shown image. I haven't had any issues with it, but both of mine are less than a year old. I'm sure the image is just taken from a 3d model and that's just how the assembly of the model on the computer works.

Recent Popular Liked

Back