• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Mt410 castle 1717 update: she’s a fiddlesticking RIPPER

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally prefer the 1520 solely because it’s lighter and seems to have a little more top end pull vs the 1717. The 1520 could be run all day without a fan and wouldn’t even break 110, granted you’re only running 4s.
Great. Did you happen to try the Castle 1515 2200 kV as well? Seems like the anecdotes on that and temps is mixed - works for some and overheats for others. Obviously very setup (pinion, tires) and use (grass, sand) dependent. Personally, I want flexibility and reliability above everything else.

Also, are standing/rolling backflips possible with the 1520?

Great. Did you happen to try the Castle 1515 2200 kV as well? Seems like the anecdotes on that and temps is mixed - works for some and overheats for others. Obviously very setup (pinion, tires) and use (grass, sand) dependent. Personally, I want flexibility and reliability above everything else.

Also, are standing/rolling backflips possible with the 1520?
It's really difficult to predict whether or not electronic temps will be acceptable without testing out your system on your driving style.

I can cook big motors with my driving style. Standing bacfklips over and over for a whole pack. I've put my setup through like 1500 bacfklips. I tested a couple different fan setups, motors and gearing/tire combos and I found something that works great for me. Big motor, dual fans, 20/44 gearing, big tires, 4s.

That 1520 should have no problem doing standing backflips with proper gearing and tires.

Attachments

• D894BB3C-D6A6-4CD7-A9E1-76875C3246DF.jpeg
    D894BB3C-D6A6-4CD7-A9E1-76875C3246DF.jpeg
    150.2 KB · Views: 251
making feel like maybe I didn't . . . .up this time and got a good motor. loved your video and I think you speak for all mt410 when you say the body is the first to go! I'll post pics when I get my 1520 and monster x 8s in, but I'll only run 4s. again thanks for the feed back bro! btw am one of those who drives hard and over heat a 1515 in about 30 minutes and that is so dam frustrating!

Driving style is huge. I can run my 1515 around the track on 4s for 15 min non stop till pack is drawn and have no temp issues. I will rarely be full trigger and only for short period of times.

For ideal bashing performance, i would do 6s with a lower kv motor (1500kv) in the 4082 to 4092 can size. That’s where you’ll have ultimate performance IMO.

The 1717 is larger in diameter and will make it a less reactive rig. The motor has too much inertia for a 1/8 scale Tekno.

It took me 4 motor combos and countless hours of driving till I finally found the perfect setup on my mt410 that I just absolutely love! Tons of top end, little low end, and no heat at all!

Am still working on killing over heating on the mt410. What setup u got that doesn't over heat pls?

It took me 4 motor combos and countless hours of driving till I finally found the perfect setup on my mt410 that I just absolutely love! Tons of top end, little low end, and no heat at all!
Just to be clear

You are running the 6s mmx correct not the 8s with your 1520

Great build by the way

I feel you on working nights them morning bash sessions are nice

Just to be clear

You are running the 6s mmx correct not the 8s with your 1520

Great build by the way

I feel you on working nights them morning bash sessions are nice
Mmx 8s and the 1520 combo man. I’m sure the mmx 6s would be enough, but I wanted the over head of the esc. I only run 4s on my mt410, 6s is far too much and I hate having to worry about heat

ok, I took out the monster x 1515 combo and installed the monster x 8S and 1520 combo. Plan to run it on 4S. I had a 14T spur on the 1515 set up and it overheated after about 15 minutes of hard bashing, less if warm out. Suspect that's a great set up for racing but didn't work out to well for me bashing. hoping to take it out this afternoon just to test for heat. dying to find out how it does. still got to figure out what to do with the on/off switch but it's ready to test. BTW the esc won't fit anywhere else but where you see it. I should say that I took of the 14T spur and replaced it with a 20T as starter.

Attachments

• 20210507_194210.png
    20210507_194210.png
    906.5 KB · Views: 284
  • 20210508_003226.png
    20210508_003226.png
    1 MB · Views: 303
  • 20210509_021333.png
    20210509_021333.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 296
went to an open field and ran it full throttle back and forth for the entire battery pack. the castle log show motor topping out at around 145 and esc at 125 degrees. Now am smiling, going to try higher pinions and see what happens but at 20T it will bash just fine all day. FINALLY, got it where it doesn't over heat running real hard! yeah baby, the 1520 is the way to go for an 1/8 scale basher. 1515 good for 15 minutes and overheats.

Anyone run the MMX 6S + 1520 combo on 4S hard for a full pack? Pinion, stock ESC fan, motor fan or none? I guess I'll have some data as soon as I can get the last few parts for my build... Significant delays from M2C, SMC and M3 (Badtouch).

Anyone run the MMX 6S + 1520 combo on 4S hard for a full pack? Pinion, stock ESC fan, motor fan or none? I guess I'll have some data as soon as I can get the last few parts for my build... Significant delays from M2C, SMC and M3 (Badtouch).
I'm running a TP4060 (40x92) --similar to the 1520-- and an mmx6s in my MT410 on 4s. Using a 7200mAh Zeee battery. I'm using a protek aluminum case fan for the ESC. Standing bacfklips the whole pack. ESC runs on the hotter side even with the fan on all of the time. I average 160F and hit max 180F-190F after 1 full pack. Pulling 200 burst amps. 20/44 gearing and badlands MX38s. With more conservative gearing and normal sized tires you'd be fine.

Last edited:
I love this 1520 motor, just gets warm and I don't even have a fan on it yet. Am pretty sure am gonna be able to run for as long as I have batteries now. Let the 85 degree summer come! I have the castle monster 8S ESC running 4S only though. got a 20T pinion but am getting 22T and 24T to see . . .

For those interested, I ended up throw the 1520 in my truggified and took it out for some rips in 6s. This motor is honestly ASTONISHING, I’ve messed with countless motors and the way this thing is able to stay colder than ambient temp without even a fan is mind boggling! Here’s the link!

For those interested, I ended up throw the 1520 in my truggified and took it out for some rips in 6s. This motor is honestly ASTONISHING, I’ve messed with countless motors and the way this thing is able to stay colder than ambient temp without even a fan is mind boggling! Here’s the link!
Man that looks like such a great spot.

Hey guys, I have an et48.3 with an m2c extended wide body truggy chassis and I put a 1520 combo in it based on the good things I saw yall say about it. Just like you guys, I didn’t want to deal with heat issues and plan to run primarily 4s batteries. I currently have a 20t pinion on it and backflip lp tires. I was curious what the biggest size pinion yall would recommend running on it without having to worry about heat. I already have a dual fan heatsink installed as well.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 229
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 218
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 216

Recent Popular Liked

Back