• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Motor / ESC fro ET410.2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nahteno

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
Looking at getting a ET410.2 to mess around with one the a 1/8 and smaller 1/10 track when im not racing the EB48 2.0 . and maybe some bashing. was looking at XR8 sct , with something between 3100kv and 4300kv. any ideas what would be a good suit. Lower KV more rpm less toque ? is that right. any suggest cheers
Ryan
1599354764147.png

I would go with XR10 ESC paired with the 4 pole 3652-6100KV motor, been running this combo in my mini truggy for a while now and absolutely love it!

Perfect amount of torque, if you go with a 3660 can, then it will tend to have too much torque and wheelie too much.

I'd second the XR10. I don't think you could fit a XR8. I have a EB410 which is the same chassis and XR10 and it's tight.

ok was hoping to get a XR8 SCT to fit so than i had a back up ESC for my 1/8 :) ok thanks back to drawing board :) , Think i also need to better understand Turns and KV

The XR8 SCT will fit, if you relocate the receiver to make the room. I am running the XR8 SCT with tekin pro4 4600kv
I run mine on what is considered a 1/8th track. Its hard packed dirt with lots of loose dirt and rocks on top. I have enough power to clear almost all the same jumps the 1/8 scales can. I can hang with them as long as I don't get bump out of the way. There is no holding your ground when you are running this against the 1/8 buggies and truggies, LOL!

IMG_4612.JPG

To keep it simple

lower kv will be ran with larger cell count battery 1800kv /6s and higher kv with lower cell 4000kv /2s

and with turns

the lower the turns the fasterthe motor will spin

there is a lot more to it but that is the Cliff notes version

ok so XR8 SCT back on the cards :) might just get it , noticed your tekin is 52.3mm long the HW 4300kv is 62mm , that might be a bit tight.

do you think this be a better fit
XeRun 3652 G2 sensored motor in 5100kv

Thanks again for all the advice .

Ryan

Last edited:
The XR8 Plus and XR8 SCT speed controls will both fit, but you will have to find alternate place to mount the receiver. I run an ESC in my mini truggy that is bigger than both the XR8 models. I had leftover NIB gear for my 1/8 scale buggy and rock racer. Call me crazy, but it works.

The XR8 Plus and XR8 SCT speed controls will both fit, but you will have to find alternate place to mount the receiver. I run an ESC in my mini truggy that is bigger than both the XR8 models. I had leftover NIB gear for my 1/8 scale buggy and rock racer. Call me crazy, but it works.
Thanks , what motor are you running ?

ok so XR8 SCT back on the cards :) might just get it , noticed your tekin is 52.3mm long the HW 4300kv is 62mm , that might be a bit tight.

do you think this be a better fit
XeRun 3652 G2 sensored motor in 5100kv

Thanks again for all the advice .

Ryan

That is basically the same size can that the Tekin motor I am running is, it should fit no problem.

4000, 4300, 4600, or 5100kv... all depends on how much surface you want to cover. I don't see any reason to put anything larger than a quality 3652 can in the mini truggy.

I run a 3652 (4300kv) with an XR8 SCT and fit everything with the normal receiver placement. Had to dremel 1mm plastic off the front brace to make it work, but pretty simple. I think a higher kv might be better but this works fine with a bigger pinion (19T).

I run a 3652 (4300kv) with an XR8 SCT and fit everything with the normal receiver placement. Had to dremel 1mm plastic off the front brace to make it work, but pretty simple. I think a higher kv might be better but this works fine with a bigger pinion (19T).
cheers thanks . might look at 5100kv than,

I just put a 5100kv XERUN 3652 in mine with a 17 tooth pinion and it rips with a Tekin RSX ESC. Was just rocking a small backyard track, and it was way too much for the bumpy surface, but this is about as quick as my 1/8 buggy at this point, which is running a Tekin RX8 and 1900kv motor... I'd say it'd be a good motor for your intended use

i’m getting a new 410.2 to build. lhs tells me a 10.5 hobby wing setup will be a beast.not sure of the comparison to kv. your thoughts??

I’ve got an Orion Vortex R10 in the parts bin for an esc and a Hobbywing 3652 4100 KV for a motor, to go in my kit that should be arriving in the coming week.
Also inbound are two 5200mAh shorty packs from SMC,and a couple sets of wheels and tires from Amain and Horizon.

In my et410 im running a castle 4pole 5700 kv and a castle sidewinder 4 no issues rips doesn’t even get hot after a 10 min race

Recent Popular Liked

Back