• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

LWB MT410 - MT or ET base?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stimpy

Reaction score
Hey up folks, evidently my account must have been deleted - not been on for aeons mind - so here I am all new and improved!!..

I have an MT410 which I love but I want to build another with a LWB and possibly slightly smaller tyres - currently run 6s Backflips.

What's the best way to achieve this? ET chassis kit (when available) or an MT chassis kit and longer parts? Are the shocks the same length on the MT to ET?.

I'm guessing part of my answer will be down to which body I may run which I really haven't decided... I also quite like the idea of trying the Truggy version possibly....

Thanks

Hey up folks, evidently my account must have been deleted - not been on for aeons mind - so here I am all new and improved!!..

I have an MT410 which I love but I want to build another with a LWB and possibly slightly smaller tyres - currently run 6s Backflips.

What's the best way to achieve this? ET chassis kit (when available) or an MT chassis kit and longer parts? Are the shocks the same length on the MT to ET?.

I'm guessing part of my answer will be down to which body I may run which I really haven't decided... I also quite like the idea of trying the Truggy version possibly....

Thanks
Hey,
You are about right, the towers are different and at the end of the day it really depends on what you are looking for in term of ride and body.
Shorter MT towers = compatible with MT/SCT body posts, smaller, will give a smoother MT ride.
Longer ET48.3 towers = compatible with ET body posts, larger, will provide a firmer ride

Note that ET48.3 is discontinued and ET48 2.0 not yet available. So the above is mainly applicable if buying used.

With the ET48 2.0, supposedly available in April / May, you get the more modern platform with the upgrades seen on EB48 2.0. Definitely a plus for racing. You also get the body in two parts, which has pros and cons.

With an MT410 based build, you get the option to run all the M2C and other third party vendors upgrades that will take some time before they are available on the new ET. This is a real plus on a basher.

Hope it helps,

Thanks Nico and hello to SHWA!!

OK so pretty much as I thought.... I do run M2C gear on my MT410 - not the chassis but most of the braces and shock mounts. Interestingly I had not considered the shock tower height performance effects - thanks. I am certainly after something that handles firmer / sharper but less fun / rotation required for aerials - smoother air time essentially. I figured smaller wheels would certainly sharpen the handling - obviously the longer chassis slows the turn down some...

Do you know, is the actual wheel travel similar from the MT vs the ET?

I suspect that I should probably try an ET on smallish MT wheels - perhaps the 4S Backflip versions..

That said, there are also some great deals on the EB48 2.0 currently and I'm sure I'd love the buggy handling - just I'm not sure re the wheel size nor the relative toughness ( Probably tougher being lighter?)

To me it sounds like you are after the handling/performance of the ET. I love mine. New they cost a bit more than the MT but come with the better chassis, shock parts etc. The only upgrade that I had to buy was the wider 17mm hubs to run all the different wheel and tire setups I have. I ended up getting most everything else anyway but in 2.5 years the only part that Ive broken is one front universal snapped between the hub and outer bearing where the pin slides through. .

To me it sounds like you are after the handling/performance of the ET. I love mine. New they cost a bit more than the MT but come with the better chassis, shock parts etc. The only upgrade that I had to buy was the wider 17mm hubs to run all the different wheel and tire setups I have. I ended up getting most everything else anyway but in 2.5 years the only part that Ive broken is one front universal snapped between the hub and outer bearing where the pin slides through. .
Yes, I think after my last post I pretty much surmised that I should really get on with it and get an ET and try it pretty stock first then see from there...

I'm sure I will love the sharper handling, and that coupled with reasonable sized tyres will still manage the rougher stuff necessary that a buggy just couldn't touch....

Just a bugger that they have no stock here in the UK as we are all waiting for the 2.0 version.....

Thanks.

Recent Popular Liked

Back