• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Leaky shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nadboo

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I am busy building my mt410 and am having a little issue. I have built all 4 shocks exactly like instructed both in the video and the manual, 3 turned out fine but the last one I can’t get the shock cap on tight enough to stop the oil leaking through the bleeder hole. I then tightened it but by bit until it popped a thread and needed more tightening. It’s now as tight as I can without over tightening and it’s still leaking. Any tips? Thanks

I had this exact same problem with 2 of my shocks from my MT410 kit too. I tried rebuilding it 3 times, bought metal caps and rebuilt it 2 more times and it kept leaking. After numerous emails and pictures back and forth with Tekno they sent me new shock bladders. I was skeptical that it would fix it, but it did. Maybe give that a try.

Thanks for the reply. It seems the caps all screw on tightly and even that one that popped it screwing on even and tight. Looking at them today, all 4 shocks have a tiny bit of oil at the bleeder hole. They aren’t actively leaking but when compressing the shock I can see movement in the bleeder hole. I’m wondering if what I’m now seeing is the remnanants of leaked oil from building them. I’m going to run them like that and next pay day get new caps and Bladders.

The bladders were easily falling out of the caps before I built then and didn’t sit snuggly in the caps like the numerous other shocks I have built.

I sent Tekno an email with a few pics and am waiting for a response. I told them I expect replacement parts as this is a brand new truck and problems like this are unacceptable, especially that the rest of the truck is such high quality. I’d expect this from ECX, or one of the cheaper brands but not race proven Tekno.

Recent Popular Liked

Back